I have clock anxiety

I've seen a few women that don't have a clock or watch close by. Since my watch is my cell phone and it's always off and far away, I don't always have a good judge of what the time is.

I have a huge clock anxiety problem. I've been so cautious about not running my time over that sometimes, during the last half hour, I'm thinking more about leaving in time so that I don't offend whoever I'm with. It's gotten so bad that the last person I was with, I left well before our time was up just because I was afraid of going over.

Am I alone in this?

• Like 3

Guest realnicehat

I've always found a simple "I have no idea what time it is, please don't let me out stay my welcome" works well.

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I get it as I too find it difficult to keep track of time be it an hour long visit or longer. I take my watch off and leave it close by so I can see it as need be. Unfortunately, I wear glasses and when I don't have them on I am unable to see the time on my watch. I usually ask for a 15 minute warning that time will expire. Cleo points out she has a small clock that it within view is helpful. Failing that I could always set the timer on my digital running watch for 45 minutes so it will beep with 15 minutes to go. I can't say that I have anxiety as such, but I do like to be cognizant of the time.

I've seen a few women that don't have a clock or watch close by. Since my watch is my cell phone and it's always off and far away, I don't always have a good judge of what the time is.

I have a huge clock anxiety problem. I've been so cautious about not running my time over that sometimes, during the last half hour, I'm thinking more about leaving in time so that I don't offend whoever I'm with. It's gotten so bad that the last person I was with, I left well before our time was up just because I was afraid of going over.

Am I alone in this?

Definitely not alone in this! Ive found myself worrying about how much time is remaining and the stress definitely takes away from the experience. I think you have a good approach Cleo. Out of the away and disruptive but still there in case either party is curious for a time check.

• Like 1

When I started out I was a nervous wreck about going over my time with a lady. I was a serious clock watcher checking the time every few minutes and it did have an impact on the enjoyment of my encounter. Now right before I knock on the door for the lady I set my timer on my phone for 50 min (or 10 minutes less than my allotted time if my appointment is longer) and forget about it. I enjoy myself and when the timer goes off I know that I've got 10 minutes left to get myself together. I've learned that most dates tend to have a very similar progression and knowing how I operate I can usually time the encounter out to about 45-50 minutes of sexual play based on my own internal clock.

Because "I" am a clock watcher I do prefer a lady to have a easily readable clock present for me to glance at every now and then but with the timer already set I know I'm safe and it takes the pressure off.

• Like 2

I have to admit, I've never noticed if there was a clock in the room or not. I'm easily distracted by the sexy lady in the room. :boobies:

It also helps that I can't see very clearly once I lose my glasses. So I depend entirely on the lady to let me know when our time is up.

Like Cleo i do have a clock in the room coz i do tend to loose track of time myself...I definatly appreciate a gentleman who is conscious of the time coz it can be an awkard moment when time is up and we are still going at it passionatly...please don't just rely on the lady to say time is up!

Bianca

Guest *l**e

Most of my sessions go over the hour anyways, but I do like to have clock around so I can keep myself organized. Sometimes when massaging you find some awesome knots or kinks that you want to "fix" and can end up spending too much time there leaving not enough time for other muscle groups.

Am I alone in this?

You definitely not alone in this - I also am suffering from this clock-anxiety syndrome! lol. I am very cautious about overstaying my reserved time. Since normally I put away my watch in my pants pocket and turn off my phone during the sessions, I have to ask the ladies about the time. From reading the posts here, I think it is a good idea to set an alarm on my phone or like Cleo says, putting a clock inconspicuously somewhere will also be a good idea.

Guest ***nno**n***

I used to be bad at the time thing, usually going over. I have a serious distaste for clocks where pleasure is taking place.

Since then i have put my music on a timer, so when the music (quiet in the background) stops I know I need to wrap things up.

I never book back to back so if I go over, no big deal. For the gentlemen I would think letting me worry about time makes for a better experience for them.

I have a clock in the room that is rarely at the correct time, but is sufficient to measure how much time has passed.

But the least obtrusive way i have for 'measuring' time is using pre recorded music. Then i know the songs that come up at half way and the final 3 or so, and if someone is getting close to the end, the music does shut off before the actual half hour. The clock then allows me to monitor an extra 5 minutes or so but not more than that before things really do have to wrap up.

I think it is an ideal way to be aware of the time without being accused of being a clock watcher. But also i think that we do need to be aware of the time, not for the guys who are not expecting more for free, but for the guys who are trying to work around the limits they set up when they paid for a time. it is easy to argue 'well, it was 1pm when i got here and now it is only 1:30" when you know it was really 12;50, but it is hard to argue with "well, the music ended, so time to wrap things up'. It is either still playing or not, but it only lasts a specific amount of time, and when it is done, that specific amount of time has passed.

I wear glasses as well and really can't see all that well unless something is fairly close. Would it be fair to ask the lovely ladies to keep track of time so we don't go over? I'd probably be nervous enough as it is without worrying about messing up the next appt because of going over. But than I'm slightly confused what the term "not a clock watcher" is? Does it mean depending on the situation if you run a little over to time, it's ok? Ymmv of course.

Posted via Mobile Device

I wear glasses as well and really can't see all that well unless something is fairly close. Would it be fair to ask the lovely ladies to keep track of time so we don't go over? I'd probably be nervous enough as it is without worrying about messing up the next appt because of going over. But than I'm slightly confused what the term "not a clock watcher" is? Does it mean depending on the situation if you run a little over to time, it's ok? Ymmv of course.

I've often found that statement confusing too. Especially when someone is asking about an appointment then asks if I'm a clock watcher. ?? My rates are based on time and I can break them down into 15 minute chunks. So just book for the amount of time you want. We'll spend it all. And if we don't and you leave early, I'll be happy to rebate you to the price of the actual session length. I've done it many times.

But in the back of my mind, when someone asks me this, I wonder if he's poking around to see if it's possible to pay for a shorter session, but get more time. Sadly, there are people who will do that, thinking that they've come up with this great original scheme. I don't watch the clock, but since my rates are based on time, I do expect to be paid for the time I spend. Just as you'd want to get the time you paid for.

Sometimes things go a little over and sometimes a little under. Most SPs realize this, and there is some wiggle room built in. But we know the difference between a session that simply flowed over a bit and someone who's trying to take advantage. Just like we know that, if we get you in, grab your money and rush you out the door, you probably won't repeat. Have an honest heart, and trust your SP to too. We'll give you a reasonable benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

Thanks for your thoughts. It's so unfortunate that there will be those on either side that may not be genuine. Than again, repeat encounters help to build that trust and enhance the experience ... just got to get over those first jitters. =)

• Like 1