Picture Threads. Popular enough to have their own section?

Guest realnicehat

I logged on this morning and couldn't help but notice that the picture threads were dominating the general discussion area. Of the 20 available thread spaces on the first page (not counting stickies) 15 were picture threads, with more following on page two.

First, let me be clear, I am in no way against these threads and am not trying to stir anything up. I understand their popularity and while I don't post in them I do check them out occasionally. It just seems to me that there are enough of them to warrant their own section. Hell, they see far more traffic than a lot of the city sections.

Not being a computer guy I have no idea how hard (or simple) it may be to add another folder in the General Area. I'm certainly not trying to create a headache or a bunch of work for the mod. It is just an idea that popped in to my head so I thought I would mention it.

Does anyone else see a point to this? Would having them grouped make it easier for those who post there daily? Would it simplify things for those who prefer to avoid them? Should I just shut up?

Edited by realnicehat

I actually find them over-bearing when I first log on. I like to get to business, not the other general stuff, but ads of ladies is what I'm interested in and they (ladies ad's) should dominate the page when logging in. But different strokes for different folks.

Edited by PistolPete
Added
  • Like 2

I personally enjoy posting and looking in the pic threads, but I do at times find them to be over-bearing to weed through when searching for other threads. I can certainly understand how you guys (and others too) feel and I would welcome a separate section. The pic threads are popular for sure, but there are many here that just aren't into them, so a separate section could perhaps please all sides.

I find them annoying as well, not just the pic threads but other silly threads as well under the General discussion area. To each their own I guess.

Wish there was a option on a thread so we could ignore the thread entirely + any new posts to the thread, something like the ignore list under the USER CP section where you can ignore posts from specify members. This way if a new thread is started and you don't care to see the responses you could just click on the IGNORE THREAD button and never see the thread again.

I am in favor of a frivolous general area :)

We all need a bit of comic relief, a bit of laughter and a bit of nonsensical fodder in order to relieve some stress so a special thread that could encompass all the pics (best of etc) and games would be great...kinda like the jokes category!

• Like 1

I logged on this morning and couldn't help but notice that the picture threads were dominating the general discussion area. Of the 20 available thread spaces on the first page (not counting stickies) 15 were picture threads, with more following on page two.

First, let me be clear, I am in no way against these threads and am not trying to stir anything up. I understand their popularity and while I don't post in them I do check them out occasionally. It just seems to me that there are enough of them to warrant their own section. Hell, they see far more traffic than a lot of the city sections.

Not being a computer guy I have no idea how hard (or simple) it may be to add another folder in the General Area. I'm certainly not trying to create a headache or a bunch of work for the mod. It is just an idea that popped in to my head so I thought I would mention it.

Does anyone else see a point to this? Would having them grouped make it easier for those who post there daily? Would it simplify things for those who prefer to avoid them? Should I just shut up?

I am in favor of a frivolous general area :)

We all need a bit of comic relief, a bit of laughter and a bit of nonsensical fodder in order to relieve some stress so a special thread that could encompass all the pics (best of etc) and games would be great...kinda like the jokes category!

I'm not sure either how difficult it'd be to have a seperate section for the frivolous material, but it would be interesting, the General Dicussion could be kept to more "serious" elements of discussion?. They certainly would use space on the latest post section of the main page though.

I agree they are viewed quite a bit, and it's my understanding they also bing a fair bit of traffic to the site, which helps in the long run (web traffic = a bit of $$ for the site).

• Like 2

It should be noted that the pic threads seem to be enjoying a burst of popularity at the moment; they seem to have proliferated somewhat over the last few months. It remains to be seen whether all of them will last. Threads are born and die and get resurrected all the time.

I don't see any particular reason to push them off into a separate section, any more than we'd want to for the song thread or the silly game threads or anything else. It's pretty obvious from the thread titles which they are, and I don't see that it's a big deal to just not read them, for those folks who don't want to. Or to have to click through to page two or three or four of the general section to find other threads.

Although, Mod, if you're reading... one thing that would be nice would be a way to increase the number of threads displayed per page in the forum index pages, kinda like you can increase the number of posts per page when viewing a thread...

• Like 2

I guess I am guilty of posting a bunch of pix in the am.

I guess it's the morning wood (or lack there of) that puts me in the mood to post pix.

I'd be happy with a separate section but don't mind either way.

It's up to the MOD really.

Guest realnicehat
It should be noted that the pic threads seem to be enjoying a burst of popularity at the moment; they seem to have proliferated somewhat over the last few months. It remains to be seen whether all of them will last. Threads are born and die and get resurrected all the time.

I don't see any particular reason to push them off into a separate section, any more than we'd want to for the song thread or the silly game threads or anything else. It's pretty obvious from the thread titles which they are, and I don't see that it's a big deal to just not read them, for those folks who don't want to. Or to have to click through to page two or three or four of the general section to find other threads.

Although, Mod, if you're reading... one thing that would be nice would be a way to increase the number of threads displayed per page in the forum index pages, kinda like you can increase the number of posts per page when viewing a thread...

Personally, I would love it if the game threads were in a smaller section. I've had to go 10 pages deep at times to find a particular thread. I know, not exactly a hardship......I do like Meg's idea about a frivolous section.

Thanks for all who participated but judging but the lack of overall membership response it seems like it might be an "if it ain't broke" situation.

While I do very much enjoy the picture threads, I find it's now getting to be a bit much. Like most others commenting on this thread, I find the General Discussion section is being overwhelmed by picture threads. It seems to be getting harder and harder to find anything but in General Discussion.

I think a separate section, that doesn't auto populate in to the announcements would be a reasonable compromise. I still want to look at pics of hot women...who doesn't? I just think they should be in a separate section. Just my nickel for the day!

• Like 1

Two points:

My attitude toward threads that don't interest me is simply to ignore them. It's easy enough to find what's potentially interesting amidst the stuff that isn't.

If members posted more recommendations, the picture threads would be less prominent.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

It could be a great idea to create another section to post picture threads and similar type threads since CERB has a "New to this" section or a "legal" section, etc. Picture threads seem to be very popular and should have their own section.

Make the "General Discussion" section for discussing solutions to the worlds problems, such as hygiene?

Guest realnicehat
Two points:

My attitude toward threads that don't interest me is simply to ignore them. It's easy enough to find what's potentially interesting amidst the stuff that isn't.

If members posted more recommendations, the picture threads would be less prominent.

I'm sure that most people's attitudes towards posts of no interest is to ignore them. I was simply curious to see if there was any value to a little separation amongst the general posts.

The Ottawa discussion area has been divided in to four sections (SP, MP, Dancer, Fetish) making it easier for people find what interests them without having to sort through what doesn't. Why couldn't that be done in the general area?

In discussing Cerb with a couple of different providers recently, one mentioned that she loved posting in the picture threads while another said she misses some of the more serious conversations that used to occur. There are still a lot of good discussions happening but perhaps they are getting lost amongst the games and pictures?

I think the prominence of the picture (and game) threads is due to Cerb being a community. People don't just come here to read ads and recos, they also come to socialize and have fun. Perhaps this wasn't the original intent of the site but that is definitely what it has become.

As far as more recommendations are concerned, I would love to be able to post 3 a day, as I'm sure most guys would. As soon as I win the lottery I will. We have members here who are working up the nerve to see their first provider, but still provide interesting posts and a view of this lifestyle that many of us may have forgotten.

Personally, and I know I'm repeating myself, I think the games and picture threads would benefit from their own section right up near the top of the board. I don't think they should be pushed aside, I think they should be highlighted. My only concern would be the possible extra work created for the mod should the threads need tracking to keep them in the proper area.

So I did a quick count of threads (could be more) in the general discussions area and there is 21 threads, just a FYI

-Sexy Black and White pics

-Sexy Showers and Bath pics

-Photo's with Mirrors

-Smiles By Cerb Women

-Creative or Artistic pics

-Food and sex pictures

-Pictures of girls with Wings

-Pole pictures

-Freaking hot fripples

-Babe of the day

-I love tattoo's

-Stockings

-Bikini Season

-Beautiful Lingerie

-Legs

-Redhead Appreciation Group

-This is hot

-Best bums on the planet

-Awesome abs

-I like boobies ( :) don't we all :) )

-Tan lines

I am fine with the "older" pics threads, like I like boobies, tattoos, ass thread etc...

But now the "pictures with wing", pole,black and white, soon enough it will be a thread for outie belly button.

We have all the wonderful albums the ladies create for us, maybe more members should show their appreciation there instead of adding to these never ending threads.

• Like 1

These albums the ladies create for us, is their personal property,and should only be posted in threads with their written permission.

We have all the wonderful albums the ladies create for us, maybe more members should show their appreciation there instead of adding to these never ending threads.
  • Like 3

These albums the ladies create for us, is their personal property,and should only be posted in threads with their written permission.

I think he was saying that members should go and visit sp profiles to view their albums rather than posting more pics in more picture threads. I don't think he was saying sp photos should be in the picture threads :)

Maybe there is a little used subforum that all the picture threads (all 21 I see lol), can be moved to and new ones, (ack! more????!!!) can go there instead. I am not sure where, just a thought that wouldn't require creating anything.

Or merge them all into one thread, make that a sticky and no new just for pics threads can be created, all go to the one place, and the rules for picture posting laid out.

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat
...merge them all into one thread, make that a sticky and no new just for pics threads can be created, all go to the one place, and the rules for picture posting laid out.

I'm not sure if making rules or limiting threads is a good idea, especially if they are just harmless fun that a lot of people really like. The playful attitude of this board is one of the reasons I visit on a daily basis.

Yes, there are a lot of picture threads. But if you spend enough time here you realize there is a lot of repetition. It is the rare thread that is started without the second post being "lots of good information here:" with a link attached.

If the result of this thread was to limit posts that other users enjoy I would greatly regret starting it.

I like Cerb the way it is, with it's one simple rule: BE NICE :)

100% agree, everyone loves to look at pics but its more difficult to keep the good conversations going when all you can see on recent posts is pictures. Seems to take away from the purpose of the board. That being said looking at a new tattoo girl everyday always makes me hard :)

I contribute fairly regularly to a number of picture threads, but do agree there has been a proliferation. I tend to post in 3 or 4 of them; tattoos, this is hot, beautiful lingerie, fripples. I have no issue with picture threads being in a separate section, although in general I think the board works pretty well, so I also don't see there being a pressing need for change.

Porthos