So today was my cousins birthday alot of my aunt and uncles plus my parents were there at this new diner in town .After we finished eating I noticed one of the old bullies from high school walked by me he looked at me for a good bit he must of remembered who I was as I did him he still had that same smirk he did when we were younger.I wanted to say something to him but didn't want to cause a scene.If you seen one of your old bullies what would you do?

• Like 1

Ignore them or smile as that definitely throws them off.

If you're still speaking of them in the terms you used today, that means they took a lot of your personal power way back when. Don't give the satisfaction of acknowledging the past and giving away power now. Or, you could always take the higher path and walk up to them and say "I forgive you" and do....then let it go. Forgiving is not the same as forgetting. Forgiving is for you.

If they're lucky, they have changed their ways. If not, it will bother them but that's on them, not you.

• Like 1

Ummm, smile and say, "Hey, how ya doin'?!"

I had one bully in junior high school, until I retaliated.

Sometimes a punch in the shoulder requires a harder punch in the gut! :D

That's what I tell my kids too; if somebody hits you, you hit them back harder! Screw political correctness. Screw whatever disciplinary actions the principal dictates. Fight back!

• Like 1

Ignore him, don't acknowledge him whatsoever. By acknowledging him you acknowledge his bullying, and that you still to this day remember it. Don't acknowledge him, then it means his bullying (and him) doesn't impact you today

RG

• Like 2

So today was my cousins birthday alot of my aunt and uncles plus my parents were there at this new diner in town .After we finished eating I noticed one of the old bullies from high school walked by me he looked at me for a good bit he must of remembered who I was as I did him he still had that same smirk he did when we were younger.I wanted to say something to him but didn't want to cause a scene.If you seen one of your old bullies what would you do?

i will do the same just move on

Guest B**na***oy

Do nothing.

The sight of someone happy surrounded by family and friends is probably something that eluded him all his life. Let him suffer.

I'd agree with those saying you're probably best off just to ignore him. He's probably not spending time and energy thinking about, and you'd probably be happier doing the same.

What's the quote? "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

One of the problems with bullies is surprisingly often they don't realize they are one! From their perspective they are just messing around, innocently teasing, and with no harm done. Especially years after the fact their perspective of events gloss over. It's unfair, but that's only all the more reason for you to try and not lose any more piece of mind over it yourself.

• Like 3

Or go right up to him, a big, sincere smile on your face and say "Hey! How you doing? It's great to see you! I have to admit, everyone figured you'd be dead or in prison as someone's boy toy by now! Way to keep your head above water!" Then fade back into your group. Maybe not very practical or morally high, but fun.

• Like 3