No Blocked Numbers

I will attempt to not be heartily offended by this assumption. :( just because I value you as a professional :)

When an sp does answer block calls and payphone calls (and fwiw, a lot of calls from hotels are showing up blocked when they call from their rooms) in my case at least it has nothing to do with desperation, but experience. I've been answering the phone for over 10 years, back in the day when everyone who needed an address would have to call from a payphone, and including the days where all celphones showed up as blocked numbers.

You figure it out. For me, complete time wasters are texters, simply because now they can do the same thing as blocking their numbers by using texting programs, or callers spoof numbers, or whatever. For me, a number can't beat my experience. The worst thing about block #s tho as mentioned is client tracking and knowing for sure, if I can't recognize the voice, that I've seen them before, or even scheduling. Getting 3 different callers using block numbers all indicating similar times, and one calls for the address, who knows which one is the right one. That is the risk they take tho, for not sharing their number, that I give out the time and address to the first call back.

I have a list ten miles long for no shows and time wasters and wankers and ignorantly obscenities where I have their phone #. A number showing or not, it won't turn an ass hat into a gentleman.

I sincerely hope I have not offended you nor anyone else by my assumption. I really suspected this was the norm and next to no one answered blocked numbers. I guess I am wrong and I apologise.

Having said that, I agree with what you are saying regarding client tracking. And yes asshats are asshats, number or not.

I admit to being very surprised though.

I sincerely hope I have not offended you nor anyone else by my assumption. I really suspected this was the norm and next to no one answered blocked numbers. I guess I am wrong and I apologise.

Having said that, I agree with what you are saying regarding client tracking. And yes asshats are asshats, number or not.

I admit to being very surprised though.

No worries, I am not easily offended, :)

I can see it in a lot of ads, etc, and I understand the reasoning behind it, I am just concerned that the sps who do make this request don't think it alone is a good screening tool and relax. The majority of bad date listings have phone #s, so a number alone is not a sign the guy is concerned about being exposed as a bad date. And so a block # doesn't always mean the guy is trying to hide being a bad date.

if god forbid anything should happen, I think someone's block # can be revealed by LE investigation, but this requirement of a number showing has led to people spoofing numbers, using google voice or other IP phones that show a number on call display, but don't actually link to any real person, and burner pay as you go phones that do the same thing. A number may show, but the person who used it can never be found. A number registered to a real person who blocked it by accident or design, and the times of these numbers showing on call display, they could be found.

Well, that's my rationale anyway lol. I don't think anyone should do anything that leads to any discomfort. And I also don't think any client should think they are above the rules set up by those sps who want a number to show up. It just shows a lack of understanding at best and lack of respect at worst. Either way, blocking the number deliberately when the sp has specifically said not to, is obviously going to lead to her being snippy on the phone if she answers.

I get snippy with texters. If my ad says don't text, it means don't text. I don't have text messaging and getting a text is annoying lol

Additional Comments:

Yes I think you are right, I will leave a message saying I called but please don't return your call until a specific time if you can, that sort of thing.

I am sure it will iliminate the unexpected return call.

Thanks for your advice.

it's surprising how few people leave messages, so I can tell you right now any message you leave is well appreciated. A lot of sps with texting will look at the phone call and assume you want a reply, just as you would had you sent a one line text to them. They really don't see the difference. You called, you must want to talk to them, they are doing you a favour and calling you back. Simple. Not welcome at some times, but for them it just makes sense. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.

I recently got a cel phone set up just to forward calls and to answer when i am out. It apparently doesn't have voice mail, so anyone calling won't be able to leave a message. If anyone else had a setup like this, they'd know a caller can't leave a message, and very likely might call them back as well.

And some people are just unaware of the ramifications of calling you back 3 hours after you phoned and did not leave a message, but you can't really do much about them other than block their number from reaching you ever again. I'd do that with agencies or mps that call their client list whenever someone new arrives, because I have heard they do that to drum up business and that can't always be a convenient phone call to get lol

• Like 1