No Blocked Numbers

It's a give and take, it can't be all by the provider's rules, just like it can't all be by the client's rules. At some point people have to come to a compromise.

And that would be why you have the right to choose the provider that meets your needs and the providers have the right to refuse those that don't meet their requirements! :)

• Like 8

1337132316350_7979843_large.png

Why Yes Gen !! I believe you stole that text from the 10 commandments perhaps. ?

Ya can throw all of the top Geniuses in the world in a think thank and they won't get around that rule ;)

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat
Why Yes Gen !! I believe you stole that text from the 10 commandments perhaps. ?

Ya can throw all of the top Geniuses in the world in a think thank and they won't get around that rule ;)

Who's to say those top geniuses don't already have pussies of their own? ;)

Wow, there's my ass kissing done for the day and it isn't even 5:00pm!

what's the difference between a blocked number and an unlisted number? I'm guessing that they are the same thing?

An unlisted number is one that isn't present in any commonly-available telephone directory, whereas a blocked number is one that doesn't show up in call display when you call someone else.

The former is something that's controlled by others, and you can only change it by asking them to take you out (or put you back in). The latter is something that you can change from your own phone, every time you make a call (if you can be bothered).

At least, I think that's right. I may be wrong, in which case someone will doubtless correct me :)

It's a give and take, it can't be all by the provider's rules, just like it can't all be by the client's rules. At some point people have to come to a compromise.

There are 2 sides to everything, some are more popular than others.

There are 2 sides to everything, some are more popular than others.

There are 2 sides to everything! 2 labia minor, 2 outer labia, 2 breasts, 2 ass cheeks, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 lips, and perhaps 2 arms, 2 legs...

But only one brain and you have to get past that to get to the 2's that bring the pleasure to the equation. The brain is the most important thing to seduce, follow the rules set by the grey matter and you're on your way to the centre of pleasure! Otherwise, there is always fleshlights...

cat

• Like 6

There are 2 sides to everything! 2 labia minor, 2 outer labia, 2 breasts, 2 ass cheeks, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 lips, and perhaps 2 arms, 2 legs...

There are a lot more than 2.

I need to put this one out there.

I notice many indys and some agencies ask for numbers to not be blocked. I appreciate that this was originally to let them a) have a number to call you back on and b) to give some level of security as the number could be traced if something happens.

But in this day and age with sms spoofing websites and disposable phones or sim cards bought with cash, is it really required?

Can anyone else comment on this with regard to their opinion and how technology has changed the face of the business such that using a non blocked number gains little with regards to the SP security?

OMG get a pay as you go, do not make things so complicated for yourself. There are super cheap-no paper or e-bill that any s/o can trace back to you annnnnnnd you will no longer have to block your number so this way sp's will answer your call ;) Its a WIN-WIN :)

• Like 3

Guest realnicehat

cat

There are a lot more than 2.

I'm not sure what kind of sexy mutants you're seeing but if you know a provider with more than two breasts please share her contact info ;)

This is why I prefer texts to phone calls, much harder to fake a number in text.

I certainly don't recall ever getting a text from a private number! lol

Also, I have an app that automatically rejects private/blocked calls....Cause let's be honest, that asshat who blocks his number tries to call 18 times in as many minutes. Irritating much???

I know sometimes it's hard to read tone in a post, so my post below is being written as an attempt to explain one point-of-view for not answering blocked numbers, it's not written in any confrontational way, and definitely not an 'I'm right, you're wrong' or anything like that.

Thanks Cleo, the rest of the messages really were taking on the tone of "my way or the highway", or "because I said so". You are actually taking the time to explain the reasoning as you see it.

For the info calls, after I answered the questions, the call would go one of three ways: the gent would accept the info, and decide to call back to book with an unblocked number. This was the least common result. The more common was to either try and convince me to give him my location info on the blocked number, and the second most common was for me to realize the man was jerking off on the other end of the line, no intention to actually book.

Websites like cerb show us the wonderful side of this business; it helps you gentlemen to see how many other gentlemen there are that take part in this hobby. So it's easy to think it's simply gentlemen calling for info and hiding their privacy - but sadly, in reality, most of the time the people hiding behind those blocked numbers are not gentlemen: they are creeps.

Okay, I understand now, I guess my perspective was that most blocked numbers were just people seeking info, because that's what I would've done. But it looks like there's another group of people that are just creeps, which I hadn't realized were so prevalent.

I wonder if these creeps show up depending on where you advertise? Where did you used to advertise before, and did it have an effect on which type of callers you got?

• Like 4

Thanks Cleo, the rest of the messages really were taking on the tone of "my way or the highway", or "because I said so". You are actually taking the time to explain the reasoning as you see it.

Whiteman, ladies always have valid reasons to ask for specifics (no blocked calls, or a reference, etc.) and it is not this way because we want to make your life difficult or just because we want to make you jump through hoops ;)

Guidelines/rules/instructions are in place to protect ourselves from xyz because of the delicate and unique circumstances we face as companions.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. The client doesn't make the rules and the ladies' "rules" are not up for negotiation. If one disagrees with them, he should move on to the next lady who has a more flexible "set of rules" that fit one's comfort level.

If I may ask, although sex work is a unique industry, where else can you go as a client and ask businesses to compromise on their rules/standards/etiquette? Do you think it is acceptable to do with SPs because, well, they are only SPs and don't deserve the same respect as other business owners do?

I am asking the above so I can understand the reasoning behind it and not to be confrontational ;)

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
adding a comment
  • Like 4

I have no problem calling from my phone, unblocked of course.

I like to make an appointment 1 or 2 days in advance, call to confirm 3-5 hours before and then 10 minutes before. Most appreciate this. IT also allows them to call me should something arise on their side.

I have no problem giving out my CERB handle b/c I am booking with a CERB lady. This way she has a better feeling of this stranger coming into her private residence.

• Like 1

I wonder if these creeps show up depending on where you advertise? Where did you used to advertise before, and did it have an effect on which type of callers you got?

I think there were more creeps back in the CL days, but back then I advertised in the same three places I do now (here, EC, and BP), and there isn't much difference.

This is by far THE MOST disturbing thing I have EVER read on CERB and believe me I've read some interesting threads.

It is ALWAYS 1000000% THE LADY'S RULES!

You do not make the rules, EVER. You can inquire about services provided but you DO NOT dictate what a girl will or will not do with you, how she screens her clients, never YOUR CHOICE!....HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING???

Yes, I am yelling, caps lock was not an accident there. I am infuriated by this remark... Even though I know most of the ladies here don't like being compared to other business, I personally don't see a difference (If we believe we're "different" then no wonder the public shuns us, I'd rather be accepted among ALL professions than cast aside, my POV), so here goes:

Do you walk into a restaurant and alter their menu?

Do you buy a car and tell them what you are going to pay for it?

Do you tell your physician which medications to prescribe you?

No. No. No.

DO NOT PRESUME TO DICTATE HOW WE BUSINESS OWNERS RUN OUR BUSINESSES. OUR BUSINESSES, NOT YOURS.

disgusting.

/end rant

• Like 3

I think there were more creeps back in the CL days, but back then I advertised in the same three places I do now (here, EC, and BP), and there isn't much difference.

For me, it is easy to see CERB as a community mostly populated with caring, intelligent, adult men and women.

And then a comment like Cleo's catches my eye and it's like walking into a cold shower. And I remember that even here there are bound to be a few card-carrying asshats. When I read things like that I am surprised, on some level or the other, that providers even open their doors to us. But I'm happy they do! :)

Note: The previous comment was not specifically aimed at anyone participating in this discussion or any other.

• Like 6

For me, it is easy to see CERB as a community mostly populated with caring, intelligent, adult men and women.

And then a comment like Cleo's catches my eye and it's like walking into a cold shower. And I remember that even here there are bound to be a few card-carrying asshats. When I read things like that I am surprised, on some level or the other, that providers even open their doors to us. But I'm happy they do! :)

Note: The previous comment was not specifically aimed at anyone participating in this discussion or any other.

I liked your post fine sir ! The important part !!

But I am silly and from Manitoba and have been called a "jackass" from time to time to time to time to time !!!!! often

What do I have to do to be called an "asshat" ?? hahahaha

andddddd ...... hijack be gone !!!!! over and out good buddy. 10/4 cya on the flipside

It's very easy to read the discussions and become disillusioned thinking that every guy on here is as great at the ones who post. But they're not. In fact, the two biggest creeps I've met, came from right here on cerb.... The procedures are there for the big, sometimes dark, sometimes scary, part of this business that you guys just don't see on here. But that doesn't mean it's not there.

I hear you, Cleo. I guess a good analogy to what I was saying is that sometimes it is easy to lay on the beach, eyes closed, enjoying the rays and the sound of the surf and, for a bit, forget about the sharks and jelly-fish swimming just off shore.

And I get that in any population, there will be the strangest of folks - and not in a good way. Now that you mention it, the scariest guy I've interacted with in the last 30 years was here. Former member. Don't miss him.

So yeah, if it makes you safer to require me as a prospective client to touch my left ear with my right thumb while humming God Save The Queen, I'm gonna start humming! :)

Additional Comments:

This is by far THE MOST disturbing thing I have EVER read on CERB and believe me I've read some interesting threads.

It is ALWAYS 1000000% THE LADY'S RULES!

You do not make the rules, EVER. You can inquire about services provided but you DO NOT dictate what a girl will or will not do with you, how she screens her clients, never YOUR CHOICE!....HOW DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST SUCH A THING???

My dad taught me that if you keep poking that hornet's nest with a stick, you're gonna get something and it's not gonna be pretty.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that there was one poke too many here - and there was a well deserved response.

Edited by bcguy42
Accidentally conflated two responses in one message.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what kind of sexy mutants you're seeing but if you know a provider with more than two breasts please share her contact info ;)

Eccentricia Gallumbits, the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon Six. Some say her erogenous zones begin four miles from her actual body (a former client reckons it's more like five). The Big Bang may just have been one of her orgasms.

Sorry, I don't have her contact details...

Yeah, there is no compromise. If I have a set of rules, or contact rules, and someone decides on their own they don't want to follow those rules, then it tells me that they also cannot be trusted to follow my session rules. Too risky.

Too bad you are limiting your selection of sps to see based on your inability to compromise on this issue.

And just so you know, you are getting this scolding from an sp who does answer blocked number callers, and payphone calls. I have a number of regulars who call from either, and a new client I met today called from a payphone.

Additional Comments:

I am very surprised to hear that some will answer blocked calls and suspect these are few and far between. No SP worth her salt would do this. And if you do, you're asking for the lowest common denominator in clients. Obviously desperate for money for some reason or other that does the rest of us no favours.

I will attempt to not be heartily offended by this assumption. :( just because I value you as a professional :)

When an sp does answer block calls and payphone calls (and fwiw, a lot of calls from hotels are showing up blocked when they call from their rooms) in my case at least it has nothing to do with desperation, but experience. I've been answering the phone for over 10 years, back in the day when everyone who needed an address would have to call from a payphone, and including the days where all celphones showed up as blocked numbers.

You figure it out. For me, complete time wasters are texters, simply because now they can do the same thing as blocking their numbers by using texting programs, or callers spoof numbers, or whatever. For me, a number can't beat my experience. The worst thing about block #s tho as mentioned is client tracking and knowing for sure, if I can't recognize the voice, that I've seen them before, or even scheduling. Getting 3 different callers using block numbers all indicating similar times, and one calls for the address, who knows which one is the right one. That is the risk they take tho, for not sharing their number, that I give out the time and address to the first call back.

I have a list ten miles long for no shows and time wasters and wankers and ignorantly obscenities where I have their phone #. A number showing or not, it won't turn an ass hat into a gentleman.

Guest En***y

Yes it isa no brainier and if you really want to get in contact with someone , you can do it here first to get the sp or mp number first, and then I think you should feel comfortable to call from a personal cell phone.

The one thing I wish all the ladies did do is , If I call but decide to not leave a message, please don't call me back saying you called. I had this happen before when an MP called me back about 5 minutes later and my female friend asked who was that calling and i had to come up with a quick and smart response unexpectedly. So I guess if you do know our number please use them wisely as us guys aren't always willing to try to cover up who we are talking to infront of friends or partners.

Energy

If I call but decide to not leave a message, please don't call me back saying you called. I had this happen before when an MP called me back about 5 minutes later and my female friend asked who was that calling and i had to come up with a quick and smart response unexpectedly.

Another option would be for you to leave a message, stating that you do not want a call back. When a call has been missed by such a short time, you will get some providers calling you back (a longer length of time, maybe not so much).

• Like 2

Guest En***y

Yes I think you are right, I will leave a message saying I called but please don't return your call until a specific time if you can, that sort of thing.

I am sure it will iliminate the unexpected return call.

Thanks for your advice.