What do you do when your out shopping with your family or SO and run into a service provider you have visited, do you ignore them completely (which is hard to do) say hello or nothing at all. I recently ran into this shopping and just gave a little smile and got one in return. I'm sure it has created awkward situations for others in the past.

I would leave it at what you did hope SO didnt see the little smile but if you start talking that could be a whole other story you may not want to tell

We will react exactly the same way you do... Or as if you were a perfect stranger. Little shy smile, little appologies for having bumped in, but that's it...

This is call discretion...

In return, if you don't react at all, and even ignore us, it's all good... We can understand that the situation is no good.

In return, maybe leaving your sp a PM to say hi may be a good idea...

If a client approached me in public I'd be very upset. If I saw a client out and about I would do nothing. Both SPs and clients have their private lives.

For someone I have seen a time or two I discrete smile and a wink ....out of SO's line of sight of course.

For a regular ... would most likely have a cover story all prepared :)

I am a former Boy Scout LOl Always prepared

Loki318

I took a delivery to one of the hotels in Halifax and recognized an SP in an elevator. She said hi to me and being the polite guy I am said hi back. I then looked at the guy she was with and gave him a nod.

On another occasion I ran into another SP and she was with her family. I didn't even acknowledge her which I am sure was a good thing.

What do you do when your out shopping with your family or SO and run into a service provider you have visited, do you ignore them completely (which is hard to do) say hello or nothing at all. I recently ran into this shopping and just gave a little smile and got one in return. I'm sure it has created awkward situations for others in the past.

I'd say a smile and a nod would suffice; You did the right thing.

As a side note to all, remember, with this hobby, discretion is paramount and yes - it extends into the real world. Consider the lady's position; She may be with her family or SO, and certainly would not appreciate being outed by a client approaching her.

I'd say a smile and a nod would suffice; You did the right thing.

As a side note to all, remember, with this hobby, discretion is paramount and yes - it extends into the real world. Consider the lady's position; She may be with her family or SO, and certainly would not appreciate being outed by a client approaching her.

Absolutely agree, and just want to add the discretion thing works both ways. A smile and nod which essentially amounts to a positive acknowledgment of the other person is the proper thing to do.

I've had it happen and unless I'm on my own, please don't approach me. A brief nod or smile to acknowledge me will suffice.