BBM for Android and iPhone (in addition to existing BlackBerry users)

Now that BBM is going Multi-Platform (BB, iPhone and Android), just curious to know if providers would be interested or entertain the idea of sharing BBM Pins for communication as opposed to text messages?

Here are some more details about BBM if you have never used it before:

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/09/bbm-for-android-iphone/

Posted via Mobile Device

I guess would be that they share with regular clients and not just anybody or add to their advertising contact info.

Then again I think most ladies use regular phones for their business than their own personal phone like a smart phone.

Guest realnicehat

Then again I think most ladies use regular phones for their business than their own personal phone like a smart phone.

I can't remember the last time I met an SP who wasn't using a smart phone for business.

Guest S*rca****sid

This seems like the last life line for Blackberry. They are planning on laying off 40% of their workforce.

It's rather interesting that Blackberry didn't make a Windows phone version for BBM.

I cannot imagine BBB becoming popular on IOS or Android with all the the options already available. Unfortunately this once great Canadian company has reached the end of the line as a smartphone company. They were way too late jumping on the touch phone bandwagon.

The only real value left seems to be their patents.

I know last year when I signed with Rogers my 3year contract included my choice of any smartphone be it Blackberry, iPhone or Android

I didn't even consider Blackberry they had a couple days when their network was down and there were rumblings back then...didn't want to end up with an electronic paperweight

Decided on Samsung Galaxy Note largely because of its big screen

No complaints it does what I want it to do

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have a BlackBerry Bold and a Galaxy S3 phone and I wont be going back to BlackBerry after my current one dies of old age. The Galaxy S3i s so more advanced then Blackberry now.

Guest S*rca****sid

Seems like Blackberry will be bought out and go Private. It's rumored the company that will buy it will get out of the Handset market and focus on it's strong infrastructure for other mobile markets.

BBM is by far the best chat App available. Based on the 20 million plus downloads made in its 1st week of availability I suspect it will continue to be a success. That said I am not sure it will be widely used by SP's or hobiests as people will need to add them to their contacts and for most of us we would not want to have our spouses stumble across the contact... i phone number in your text can be explained a contact is a little harder.

If BlackBerry was smart they would have a way to hide or lock private contacts.

From what I know the IOS and Android versions have been very popular. You have to remember that it uses the Blackberry network and is very secure. As video chat becomes the rule, I'm betting BB will find ways to monitize the BBM system. Also there are applications of BBM that can be used in the business world. I have a Z10 and find it to be a great phone, and with the new software release a lot of the Android apps will be easily ported to BB10. Lastly I think BB will survive, and if they don't build the handsets someone will.