Regulars or Money/time?

Guest H**ds *n

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from the more recent sp's/ma's on this board about how you view regulars vs money/time.

I completely understand that SP/MA's are in this as a business ... but it also seems like the dollar now is more important than the steady stream of future dollars and happy clients.

I must clarify something first... I meet an SP/MA a few years ago and we clicked really well...great girl - in the 2yrs we were together we never engaged in fullservice...I love giving massages and that's what I offered her and she satisfied me on other ways. She is something I am looking for now - part time with low volume (she just wanted to make a few extra dollars/month)...I didn't get in her way of making more money with higher paying clients - because she only saw me when she had some down time (I gave her 140 each time we meet - definitely no clock watching) . Because she saw it as fun and a way to make a little extra money tax free - her goal was to only make x amount/mth. She broke that down into how many clients she would need to see per week to meet her goal. She had a good number of regulars partly because of her attitude towards what she did.

I have been trying to find a new regular with the same perks - but have been striking out...it's all about the money for your time - which is fine...but why no give and take? It seems like the focus is on making $500/day + regardless of what happens (maybe because that won't happen too often)...but why not be satisfied working less hours doing a better job and being more selective and make 300/day over a long steady period with some guys you are familiar with? I know if I could make X $/week - tax free and having fun for 4-5yrs (or longer)...as opposed to killing myself to make X over a shorter period of time - I would go for the more enjoyable option 1.

I'm the kinda guy that will see someone I like 2-3 times in a few weeks...then reality sinks in ...I want to see her more, but I can't afford it (or I'm being rushed and still feel like a new client after all this time together)... so then I may stop or go once every 6mths to a yr... Now to me as an SP/MA you see a guy coming to you 3 times in a short period of time...they obviously like and if you like them - why not have that conversation about finding a way they can keep spending whatever budget they have on you or 1 other girl only? Because I'm pretty sure we ALL have a budget that we have to work with. Some guys much more than others.

So my question is what's more important in today's adult marketplace - building a good clientèle base (the Winners of retail) or being the Walmart for everyone?

Having a base clientele is a lot better than having to look for new clientele.., but as in any other business even regular clients move around, they come and go and is reality.., sometimes in a temporary basis and sometimes permanently for different reasons. .. so we as MAs or SPs have to be open to meeting new people.. we all have a financial goal to reach.., because we want that extra money or because is how we pay our bills... every case is different

like Emily said we all work to make money no matter what kind of job it is.., and also as it has been discussed in other threads. .. even if you like your job a lot... would you go and work for less money or for free a few days a month. .. sacrificing your own spare time that you wouks normally spent with your friends or family?

• Like 2

I have to agree with what the wonderful ladies here have already said.

At the end of the day this is some girls only way of financial success, and it is a job. One that many of us love and enjoy doing but it is still a job.

As much as I love seeing regulars I expect that every once in awhile they would like to try a different flavor so to speak.... And I enjoy the excitement and thrill of meeting and enjoying the company of a new guest as well.

Now say you see a girl and spend X amount when you go see them... they are you #1 Ultimate experience and say she gives you a break in her fee, because you see her often and you both enjoy each other.... How would that make her feel to know that your willing to shell out more money to see someone that is her direct competition??? Do you think she would feel valued??? or should you be punished because 9 out of 10 times you like Vanilla but every once in a while you want to try Chocolate or strawberry??? Asking or expecting a discount because you both enjoy each other can lead to hard feelings and sometimes more than what this business is......

Just my take on it.

Kisses All

xox

• Like 7

I have seen a SP lady now for over 30 visits over the past couple of years,I pay her the rate she seeks, no questioning,I never asked her for a lower rate as a "regular" .

She truly likes my friendship and after my 10th visit she insisted no more tipping was necessary,and she handed my tip money back I have had bought her some small gifts over the time too. Now I just give her the full rate and she loves seeing me and I love seeing her, I mean how much better can that get?

• Like 2

Guest H**ds *n

Maybe that's what it is - things have changed since I was on the search 3yrs ago...so maybe it's just the change in competition that has affected the new mentally out there for both clients and MA/SP's...and it seems like in this new time as a client I don't feel valued for my contribution just as much as an SP/MA also doesn't feel valued due to the lowering $ associated with her time. However maybe communication is what's needed after an established relationship?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Communication is always important between provider and client.It is the only way to determine a suitable match.

I enjoy seeing the ladies that I meet. Yes I have met a couple of ladies where the encounters are less SP/Client and more two friends getting together. But even in those encounters as with all encounters, I never forget, at it's very core, it still is a business transaction and for the lady it is her livelihood. I have never asked for, nor would I accept a discount if it was ever offered. In fact if a discount forced on me (not hardly likely or expected btw) all the lady would get is a much higher tip to offset the discount...for me I'm looking for, and appreciate the quality time I have with a lady. This lifestyle isn't about discounts.

My experience generally speaking with the ladies I have met, isn't that they are just looking for money/time. Yes they do want to be compensated for their time, it is their livelihood after all. But they want to provide me with an escape, a memory, and hopefully a connection. And the escapes provided have a value far exceeding the donation asked for.

I haven't experienced a money/time attitude from these ladies. I have experienced escapes, ladies who treat me with the same respect as much as I do them

A rambling

RG

• Like 6

I do find stating a "Walmart for everyone" rather undiplomatic. In my opinion that describes a rather cheap way of doing business. I doubt this is not so in many SP's eyes. Some are high volume and some are not. This does not make the SP a big box store rather than a boutique.

This is not a flame to your post Hands On by any means, but rather a clarification on my feeling of using such a term.

Everybody does business differently. And yes, I have grandfathered in some of my Regulars. Does this make me Walmart? It does not. It is my choice to do so. Not because I want them back, I already have them.

My choice is to be low volume and establish a regular clientele. I prefer to spend time repeatedly with the same Gent. For me this is satisfying for both and we can explore further what each likes and wants.

Yes I enjoy seeing new Gents, simply because of the thrill. It does in no way diminish the quality time of my regular clients as they are my sweeties. However I do not grandfather lightly. By seeing me weekly/monthly/whatever does not guarantee this will happen. There has to be communication, trust and chemistry.

Time is really not important with me. Although if I feel you are taking advantage of that I will note the time. I know when an hour is up. I don't need to check the time, and if I am over by some minutes, so what.

I will admit to losing time if I am with 2 or more others though and usually have to be reminded. lol

Bottom line, my fee is for my time, and not negotiable.

• Like 6

I sustain myself on retainer guests, I seldom advertise but when I do it's because I'm seeking just a couple of those who want something long term. I will meet 100 guests to find 2 or 3 that "fit". I enjoy meeting new guests but in reality the vast majority of hobbyists are not good candidates for something long term and are very seldom "take it to the bank" reliable even if the price is right. I understand what the OP is saying but rest assured, so many guests come in singing the "I'll be here twice a month if you work with me on the rate" and when you do, they don't follow thru because what they are doing is simply hustling a deal for the moment. Been there, done that; got the t-shirt, burned it, took a shower and won't do it again.

Now, if a client wants to renegotiate my rate then we look at the triad. Time, service, money. If they want a more reasonable rate, then they either have to sacrifice on time/service ratio OR prepay for set number of sessions to lock in the discount. This way, I know he's coming back. The "we click so therefore financials take a back seat" doesn't pay the bills. I'm low volume, I offer extraordinary service in the lap of luxury and if I had a dollar for every man who "promised" to be a good client I could by a new Volvo. A girl can't take promises to the bank. If a guest wants to have the discussion of keeping the service affordable for the long run with me then he will have to make a commitment that is more than lip service. If he's willing to show that he's serious, then I doubt any provider worthy of her fishnets would decline...

cat

Maybe I'm just dumb, don't know. But to me a lady's rate is a lady's rate, not to be haggled over AT ALL!!! whether you are seeing the lady for the first time or the hundredth time. The reward of being a regular client with a lady is the special connection that can develop between the two of you.

Guys shouldn't be looking for discounts in my opinion from a lady. A discounted rate means the lady has less money coming in and she has bills to pay too. From the lady's perspective why would she want a regular client if it meant she got less money for seeing a regular, she'd be further ahead to just see new clients

This is a wonderful lifestyle, but it is a luxury lifestyle too, if you can't afford to see a lady, then don't contact her and haggle. But like I said, maybe I'm just dumb and don't get it

A rambling

RG

• Like 5

Guest a**4*

I enjoy the encounters i have with a lady I see regularly I never and will not ask for a discount,my encounters with her now have become longer encounters we have a awesome friendship and chemisty,I have been seeing her now for a year and half and i enjoy seeing her because of kindness,conversation for that i always bring her a gift seeing her is priceless and will continue seeing her as long as i can.

Maybe I'm just dumb, don't know. But to me a lady's rate is a lady's rate, not to be haggled over AT ALL!!! whether you are seeing the lady for the first time or the hundredth time. The reward of being a regular client with a lady is the special connection that can develop between the two of you.

Guys shouldn't be looking for discounts in my opinion from a lady. A discounted rate means the lady has less money coming in and she has bills to pay too. From the lady's perspective why would she want a regular client if it meant she got less money for seeing a regular, she'd be further ahead to just see new clients

This is a wonderful lifestyle, but it is a luxury lifestyle too, if you can't afford to see a lady, then don't contact her and haggle. But like I said, maybe I'm just dumb and don't get it

A rambling

RG

Haggling isn't something that should happen but it undeniably does. I am speaking to true negotiating where both sides are committed to reaching an agreement that works for both of us. Because I don't tour and I have a 2 hour minimum that often will put me out of reach for local hobbyists to see regularly, a retainer is a happy medium. They aren't able to hide $800 a month to see me every two weeks because their monthly budget is $500. Am I willing to walk away from that $6000/year if the guest is a perfect fit for me in every other way? No, I'm not because finding a good fit isn't easy for me. I set my retainer rate, they don't and I will gladly tailor it to fit both our needs. They aren't haggling my rate if they are willing to make a long term commitment to doing business with me and pay up front for the privilege of a retainer rate; it's a genuine negotiation. Give me a dozen retainer guests over 100 full fee "sometimes when they feel like it guys" any day...

As it's been said, every provider has her preferred business model. My niche is catering to retainer clients who prefer long term arrangements. Keeps my profile low, my income steady and my job satisfaction level high. Win/win in my opinion and has nothing to do with haggling...

cat

• Like 3

Guest realnicehat
Maybe that's what it is - things have changed since I was on the search 3yrs ago...so maybe it's just the change in competition that has affected the new mentally out there for both clients and MA/SP's...and it seems like in this new time as a client I don't feel valued for my contribution just as much as an SP/MA also doesn't feel valued due to the lowering $ associated with her time. However maybe communication is what's needed after an established relationship?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "things have changed...3yrs ago". Were you being offered a regular discount from all of the ladies you saw back then?

It sounds to me like you were lucky to receive an ongoing deal from one particular lady because she enjoyed your company. I'm not sure why that has come to an end (retirement?) but to expect the same treatment from another lady, especially after only 3 visits, is more than a bit presumptuous.

Who knows, if you take the time to establish yourself with some new ladies you might find yourself getting a volume discount again but if that does occur I hope you see it as the gift it is rather than something you are entitled to.

In my mind there are many perks to being a regular. Saving a few bucks isn't one of them.

Sorry, no but 'things' haven't changed at all. What you found 3 years ago was a unique situation with someone who is what might be called a nonpro. What you are trying to find is another non-pro, but you are seeking her in all the wrong places lol.

I'm not trying to be a hard case here, but usually the rapport and give and take comes only after several visits, and I don't mean the 3 visits in 3 weeks, then you stop calling for 6 months because you aren't getting what you wanted from her (which sounds like unpaid extra time?) but an actual rapport built up over a year or so with several or at least regular consistent visits.

I sometimes have this conversation with someone who is calling for the first time, often about the halfhour rate as in time/cost/services. It always seems to me that they are the ones overly concerned with these things, and less concerned about paying a fair rate (which is always what I am asking for) and not abusing the privilege (by staying beyond the time they have paid for and expecting it to be my gift to them, for what reason I am unsure. I don't know them, I don't owe them anything other than the agreed upon conditions of the session.

I have new regulars who have no issues with the fees, and sometimes feel like giving a bit extra when they feel like they are going a bit overtime. which is great, because you know you are appreciated then. I have others who make the promises of being regulars, but all they need is......fill in the blanks. Most of the time they don't even show up the first time, let alone a 2nd time. To me, 140 seems like a reasonable amount to spend for an hour for a massage session no FS, and if you were getting more time than that, that is on the lady you were seeing, but in no way should determine or shape your expectations of what you are going to be able to get with that same amount now. If you expect or demand or delay in a way to go beyond what the lady is willing to give for that rate, then no matter how much you like her, she will no longer be 'available.'. Sps are often 'unavailable' to guys who are not OK with the rates/times they have set lol

• Like 3

Yeah, this seems like a pretty dodgy offer to me. "If you give me a little off the price now, I really really promise to come back a lot more later!" Uh-huh.

First off I agree with all the SPs' comments so far based on their experience, and their reasons why this isn't really a very good idea from the SP's point of view.

But if you're determined to try, I'd say you need to be the first one to make an investment and take a risk. See your favourite MA as a steady regular for two years first at her full rate. Prove you're a genuine regular. Then maybe you can broach the option to pay her for, say, the next full year in advance with some kind of terms.

But if you don't like the sound of that, then maybe it shouldn't be surprising if the MAs aren't lining up to take you up on your long-term promises, either. Just a thought.

• Like 5

Hello,

I am interested in hearing from the more recent sp's/ma's on this board about how you view regulars vs money/time.

I completely understand that SP/MA's are in this as a business ... but it also seems like the dollar now is more important than the steady stream of future dollars and happy clients.

I must clarify something first... I meet an SP/MA a few years ago and we clicked really well...great girl - in the 2yrs we were together we never engaged in fullservice...I love giving massages and that's what I offered her and she satisfied me on other ways. She is something I am looking for now - part time with low volume (she just wanted to make a few extra dollars/month)...I didn't get in her way of making more money with higher paying clients - because she only saw me when she had some down time (I gave her 140 each time we meet - definitely no clock watching) . Because she saw it as fun and a way to make a little extra money tax free - her goal was to only make x amount/mth. She broke that down into how many clients she would need to see per week to meet her goal. She had a good number of regulars partly because of her attitude towards what she did.

I have been trying to find a new regular with the same perks - but have been striking out...it's all about the money for your time - which is fine...but why no give and take? It seems like the focus is on making $500/day + regardless of what happens (maybe because that won't happen too often)...but why not be satisfied working less hours doing a better job and being more selective and make 300/day over a long steady period with some guys you are familiar with? I know if I could make X $/week - tax free and having fun for 4-5yrs (or longer)...as opposed to killing myself to make X over a shorter period of time - I would go for the more enjoyable option 1.

I'm the kinda guy that will see someone I like 2-3 times in a few weeks...then reality sinks in ...I want to see her more, but I can't afford it (or I'm being rushed and still feel like a new client after all this time together)... so then I may stop or go once every 6mths to a yr... Now to me as an SP/MA you see a guy coming to you 3 times in a short period of time...they obviously like and if you like them - why not have that conversation about finding a way they can keep spending whatever budget they have on you or 1 other girl only? Because I'm pretty sure we ALL have a budget that we have to work with. Some guys much more than others.

So my question is what's more important in today's adult marketplace - building a good clientèle base (the Winners of retail) or being the Walmart for everyone?

Short and sweet .... Work within your budget.

A good clientele base does not come from giving deals. It comes from giving good quality service...or... simply having good folks to deal with .. or an awesome combination of the two

and don't shop at Walmart......that's a frickin zoo there...seriously !! don't go there .... ;)

• Like 5

Here we go again...

I can't help but feel I've heard all this before.

And trust me, if even I've heard it before then the ladies are probably sick to death of it.

• Like 7

Guest webothscore

Although I agree with Phadreus, I will add this late night thought. Not directed at anyone in particular, I am a little surprised that with tens of thousands of members viewing super low to super high rates that $$$ comes up as often as it does. My penis must be very sensitive about talk of $$$, such an antiboner topic. While having gone for massages in the last half year, I have recently initiated contact with SPs about possible encounters, and guess what, there wasn't talk about $$$. Why? Before contacting them, I found their particulars acceptable. Should things flourish from this point on, $$$ will not be mentioned. With the combinations available to us, can this not be the case for almost any client? I say this because I don't feel any more poor or rich than the next guy. Like Lee said, work within your budget. There are some I would love to see, but I cannot afford. Maybe they have a certain market, or maybe they have priced themselves out of the market. Not my business. I am not the one trying to attract clients. I understand what the OP's intention is and I also understand that he is not talking about a "one encounter negotiation", but my thinking can be dissected, forecasted, twisted and turned, but you still come to the same answer of everyone working within their budget, short or long term. Now, if soembody has been with a lady 6 times and she feels that the 7th time should be a generous celebration on her part, perhaps this can be considered a beautiful "gesture" between two people who know and respect each other, not negotiation per se. Again, $$$ avoided. Maybe I was brought up to avoid topics like $$$. I don't know. Even for the massages, I have left a healthy amount of extra roses at the beginning so $$$ is not discussed after that. It was a gesture on my part to operate as such. Although a transaction was involved, the "gesture" of my action had a nice meaning behind it as compared to "if you give me 40$ off now I will try my best to see you over and over". Now in the case of what Cat mentioned, if there is a healthy agreement in that something long term can be worked out with trust and respect, that too can be considered a gesture from one (Cat) to somebody who is coming back over and over (client) which is his gesture of "Cat, I like being with you repeatedly". So, I agree with her thinking in that respect as well. I agree with more than just what Lee and Cat referred to, but I listed these two examples to help a point. Anyway, all that to say, when I contact a lady, I don't talk or write about $$$, even if it is a business at its core. It's a unique and very different service, and I firmly believe the more that think this way the better the chance that this industry can stay unique. I like cerb in that I don't see the sale of orange juice and used blenders on the same page as people offering their time.

Guest realnicehat
Although I agree with Phadreus, I will add this late night thought. Not directed at anyone in particular, I am a little surprised that with tens of thousands of members viewing super low to super high rates that $$$ comes up as often as it does. My penis must be very sensitive about talk of $$$, such an antiboner topic. While having gone for massages in the last half year, I have recently initiated contact with SPs about possible encounters, and guess what, there wasn't talk about $$$. Why? Before contacting them, I found their particulars acceptable. Should things flourish from this point on, $$$ will not be mentioned. With the combinations available to us, can this not be the case for almost any client? I say this because I don't feel any more poor or rich than the next guy. Like Lee said, work within your budget. There are some I would love to see, but I cannot afford. Maybe they have a certain market, or maybe they have priced themselves out of the market. Not my business. I am not the one trying to attract clients. I understand what the OP's intention is and I also understand that he is not talking about a "one encounter negotiation", but my thinking can be dissected, forecasted, twisted and turned, but you still come to the same answer of everyone working within their budget, short or long term. Now, if soembody has been with a lady 6 times and she feels that the 7th time should be a generous celebration on her part, perhaps this can be considered a beautiful "gesture" between two people who know and respect each other, not negotiation per se. Again, $$$ avoided. Maybe I was brought up to avoid topics like $$$. I don't know. Even for the massages, I have left a healthy amount of extra roses at the beginning so $$$ is not discussed after that. It was a gesture on my part to operate as such. Although a transaction was involved, the "gesture" of my action had a nice meaning behind it as compared to "if you give me 40$ off now I will try my best to see you over and over". Now in the case of what Cat mentioned, if there is a healthy agreement in that something long term can be worked out with trust and respect, that too can be considered a gesture from one (Cat) to somebody who is coming back over and over (client) which is his gesture of "Cat, I like being with you repeatedly". So, I agree with her thinking in that respect as well. I agree with more than just what Lee and Cat referred to, but I listed these two examples to help a point. Anyway, all that to say, when I contact a lady, I don't talk or write about $$$, even if it is a business at its core. It's a unique and very different service, and I firmly believe the more that think this way the better the chance that this industry can stay unique. I like cerb in that I don't see the sale of orange juice and used blenders on the same page as people offering their time.

WBS, You keep saying "$$$" but if I promise to read your posts every week what would you think about "$$"?

This rapport being looked for has nothing at all to do with discounted rates

Rapport is about a chemistry/connection with a lady you like. If you find a companion you develop such a rapport with, and you like her, continue to see her. The reward of such a connection is the special relationship that can develop with a companion and gentleman. And a lady may genuinely enjoy the company of the gentlemen she sees, but she still sees them under a money/time arrangement, because it is her profession. It is not at all about seeing a companion for the maximum time possible as cheaply as possible. That isn't a sign of seeking a special relationship. It's just a sign of someone who doesn't respect the lady for the companionship she provides and her livelihood, which she does to pay her bills.

A morning rambling

RG

• Like 6

I think most if not all SP's would prefer some form of regular client base. I think like most businesses it's more costly in time, effort and advertising to develop a new customer than it costs to keep a regular one.

Asked for advice once, I suggested that if one can develop a bit of a regular base client then that allows flexibility and some one can be more selective about services offered their price point and whom they offer their services to.

Just like any business at 8:00 Monday morning the costs whether it's salary, rent, travel etc start accumulating. Everyone has a nut to crack and determining goals is helpful. Is it a part-time gig to top up income, is a full-time gig to pay bills and put food on the table. Is it temporary or a career path. Ultimately it's money in, money out like any other business.

To sum up, I would not request special consideration as a regular and if some one's listed rate is out of my personal comfort zone, there is no need for a conversation about it.

Peace

MG

• Like 3

Ok. I think Hands On has had his questioned answered and I'll hazard a guess that he wishes he never asked. But HO you did get your answer and perhaps learned what you were asking, and then some.

I have found this thread rather interesting to hear the opinions of others and how they view this. Education from experience at its best.

Give and take is something you develop over time but money isn't the issue. There are many other perks than just the almighty dollar for some of us as seen here.

So my question to you is, have you changed your opinion?

• Like 1

This is a great topic, glad I came across it!

I guess from my perspective, yes a "regular" client is a good thing of course, but if I lowered my rate to see you (simply because u see me often) I may be missing on a larger donation from someone else, simply because they don't see me as often? Doesn't seem very fair to me or the gent forking out the full rate. After numerous visits, if both parties enjoy each other, the chemistry has now grown and you're having an even more spectacular time than you did on your first visit... and if I get it right, you think this should cost you LESS?

ERROR CODE 69 : Does not compute

• Like 7