This is a recommendation site so why don't some guys recommend?As

Another thing to keep in mind: some people aren't comfortable writing in any venue. It may be a language barrier, could be dyslexia, could be a fear of writing, could be many different things. My mother gets so nervous even typing a simple email it can take her hours to do so. Does that mean she shouldn't be a member of any online forums?

Just because someone doesn't want to sit down and write about their encounter does not mean they didn't enjoy it, it does NOT mean they need a kick in the ass, and it definitely does not mean they don't belong on cerb.

First of all, I never said that they don't belong on CERB or any other forum. Please don't try to twist this into anything other than what it is.

I have to disagree with most of this and I'm sorry about your mother.

If they are on this site, which is what I'm talking about, not the Joes that walk in off the street, then they already know how to read at least. Otherwise, they're just looking at pictures.

Their handicap or inability to write something is no excuse. As mentioned below, there's help in that area for whatever problem they have. Just a quick note is all it takes. It doesn't have to be a novel.

Everyone also seems to be taking the kick in the ass comment rather strongly. I guess since I use it in my every day chit chat when I hear anything negative, it may be taken out of context here. Hell, my son and dog need a kick in the ass every day. Doesn't mean I'd actually do it. lol

Come on people. Lighten up. This thread was originally started because some girls deserve and/or need their recommendations. For whatever reason you may come up with for not giving them one, I seriously can't do anything about that but you already know what I think about excuses. I don't know any of you from a hole in the ground.

If you can write, be respectful and write one. If they don't want it, they'll delete it. Simple as that.

First of all, I never said that they don't belong on CERB or any other forum. Please don't try to twist this into anything other than what it is.

If they are on this site, which is what I'm talking about, not the Joes that walk in off the street, then they already know how to read at least. Otherwise, they're just looking at pictures.

Their handicap or inability to write something is no excuse. As mentioned below, there's help in that area for whatever problem they have. Just a quick note is all it takes. It doesn't have to be a novel.

Everyone also seems to be taking the kick in the ass comment rather strongly. I guess since I use it in my every day chit chat when I hear anything negative, it may be taken out of context here. Hell, my son and dog need a kick in the ass every day. Doesn't mean I'd actually do it. lol

Come on people. Lighten up. This thread was originally started because some girls deserve and/or need their recommendations. For whatever reason you may come up with for not giving them one, I seriously can't do anything about that but you already know what I think about excuses. I don't know any of you from a hole in the ground.

If you can write, be respectful and write one. If they don't want it, they'll delete it. Simple as that.

Wouldn't it be quite a complete waste of time for someone to write a recommendation only to have it deleted?

I wonder who are these lady's who seem to need these recommendations so badly? Have I been with any of these lady's?

In this world you get much more with a more gentle approach!

Guest a**4*

Seeing you are so concerned about writing recommendations for these ladies you should write these recommendations and stop telling others what to do so don't judge others,judge yourself look in the mirror

I am reading on with this post now only to find out if it can get any more condescending than it is after this comment.

This, coming from the same poster who objects to "Trolls" on another post today

• Like 7

Nice to see you made your 500th post in this thread alb49. Congratulations.

And in case Hector17 thinks this is condescending as well, sorry to disappoint you dude. It's legit :-)

As I apologized on the other post, I will do the same here. I had no intentions of making everyone's hair stand on end but it appears I have. At least with the other post I did get some valuable information before it blew up that I can pass on. This one... not so much.

I was pounced on right from the beginning so it appears I did offend some people. Again, I'm sorry for that. I only wanted to know how we could try to get some recommendations out there. Nothing more and nothing less.

Now this post has turned into a regular 90210 episode which makes this post pretty much useless to anyone.

For those that don't get any recos but deserve them and want them, I'm sorry. I tried. As you can see by this thread. The majority don't think they're important or needed. You'll have to find another way.

I like the points made by the other posters, that some men just don't like to post... but I disagree with this one. If you'd like to write a recommendation, by all means post it - whether it's repetitive or not. A good timew is a good time, and we like to get those recos, whether you're writing something similar or not. I do understand the reasons why some men don't write them, but I do think repetition shouldn't be a factor. I don't think it's redundant, instead I think it shows that a provider has continuded to provide good service, so she has continued to receive good reviews :)

I totally agree cleo..well said....keep repeating lol!!

• Like 2

Emily I definitely agree with you. I don't like his know it all attitude. But in fairness to him, he has three recommendations to his credit (I checked ;-) ). But this thread, and his thread on no shows makes me wonder about his true motives in posting, especially in such a strong condescending attitude to the CERB members.

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I will always consult before writing a recommendation before posting. Some ladies do not want a recommendation to be posted.

And in case Hector17 thinks this is condescending as well, sorry to disappoint you dude. It's legit :-)

As I apologized on the other post, I will do the same here. I had no intentions of making everyone's hair stand on end but it appears I have. At least with the other post I did get some valuable information before it blew up that I can pass on. This one... not so much.

I was pounced on right from the beginning so it appears I did offend some people. Again, I'm sorry for that. I only wanted to know how we could try to get some recommendations out there. Nothing more and nothing less.

Dude. You've got a remarkable talent for delivering an apology in a way that says "what a shame it is that everyone but me sucks".

I completely agree with MightyPen:

Plus saying "thinks this is condescending" even your apology sound like you are condescending others. Just slapping in a "sorry" does not* make everything okay.

"At least with the other post I did get some valuable information before it blew up that I can pass on. This one... not so much."

READ READ READ. There is a LOT of VALUABLE INFORMATION here posted by providers and hobbyist; it just you have to take off your blinders and see it on broader view.

blind·er:

1. blinders A pair of leather flaps attached to a horse's bridle to curtail side vision. Also called blinkers.

2. Something that serves to obscure clear perception and discernment.

Edited by Areez
  • Like 2

When I came to cerb I logged on registered and made mistake after mistake, one being asking a couple of clients to leave me a reco if they liked my service. I felt pressured to need them and that having them would make me a more respected provider. I never read the cerb rules, nor did I know the etiquette. I've since learned and in time have realized that a lot of men read and rely on recos yet just as many if not more don't and prefer not to write them also having them doesn't mean anyone is better or worse than anyone else. I have enough repeat clients now to give me the assurance that I provide a great service so I no longer feel the pressure of needing them or even wanting them. Everyone is different and even though cerb is a reco board its also offers providers and hobbyists a whole lot more:)

Very well said my dear.

• Like 1

I will say it here, flat out. Based on your random, out of the blue, posts today the OP is either a troll, or someone who has a complete conflict of interest.

You advertise yourself as a photographer, and I will be careful in what I say here, but it seems you have clients for your service who are in turn providers on this forum. I may be wrong on that belief, but based on how you started this thread I doubt it. So do you not think it is a little self-serving and in complete conflict that you are advocating for those individuals on this board?

It doesn't pass the smell test in my book.

• Like 2

Lets keep the site positive and inviting to everyone. Please and thanks,

And photographers who wish to announce they are photographers on cerb (advertising) they must have a paid account. I froze 4 photographer accounts today.

• Like 3