Holidays/Decorations/Lights

Guest webothscore

So last night I see a house with Christmas lights on. Was it just to get them up and test them? What ever happened to Thanksgiving, Halloween and paying tribute to Rememberance Day before Christmas? I love Christmas but come on. I can understand the stores selling stuff, but decorating already? I like to wait until second week of November to decorate for Christmas. I am still planning out my Thanksgiving meal and have yet to do any Halloween decorating. Thoughts?

I believe in taking each holiday as it comes. I celebrate both Thanksgivings and Christmas goes up on the American Thanksgiving weekend. It seems that as a society we are in such a rush about everything that we make shit up to rush...

cat

• Like 1

Xmas lights don't get turned on until December 1st. I found it particularly irksome that my local grocery store seemed to have Halloween candy out at the end of august.

• Like 1

Back in the retail-working days, the mall would start putting Christmas decorations up on Hallowe'en, right at store closing. I started dreading Hallowe'en because it marked the start of two months of horrible "seasonal" music.

(Quitting + zombies = I love Hallowe'en again.)

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

Maybe they did the same as Mr Green, by leaving them up all year round. I have seen a few houses like that.

Or maybe they thought to put them up while the weather was still nice, I remember when I was a kid helping my father put them up freezing my ass off!

Back in the retail-working days, the mall would start putting Christmas decorations up on Hallowe'en, right at store closing. I started dreading Hallowe'en because it marked the start of two months of horrible "seasonal" music.

(Quitting + zombies = I love Hallowe'en again.)

Lmao. Yup I dreaded that too! That Christmas music on all day can drive a person insane after a days work.

I love all that goes with each of the holidays but I agree being timely is important. Decorating to early is annoying. December is for Christmas, October-thanksgiving and Halloween, March-April is Easter and November is for remembering, that's how I see it:)

• Like 3

'Cause I'm a redneck woman

I ain't no high class broad

I'm just a product of my raising

I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw'

And I keep my Christmas lights on

On my front porch all year long

Too lazy to take them down and put them up each year. However, I don't turn them on until the American thanksgiving. That's when all the decorations go up.

Should be interesting this year, putting up a tree. Between the cats and new puppy, I suspect all non-breakable ornaments and tree tied to the walls!

I hung a small Christmas ornament on my apartment door that said, "Be Merry", two years ago. I left it there year round to remind everyone who came over or walked by to still "be merry" throughout the year! :)

I'm not remotely interested in thinking about Christmas. Summer's still clinging on by its fingernails, and I'm enjoying it for as long as it does...