I would like to share this story that happened to me a few nights ago....

I went to an outcall in Kanata around 10pm...on my way back I noticed that the entrance to the highway was closed!!! OMG...where too now!! I don't know the area at all and my gps on my tablet is not working...can't find a signal!! Always when you need it most. So I Wonder around thinking i can find my way back but...I'm way lost...some guy at a gas station tells me to go a certain way but guess what...freaking road is closed also...UGH!!! détours after détours...I end up in Richmond!!! It was the night where the rogers phone lines were down...my luck!! So what to do...I'm thinking of Carrie but she might be sleeping...then..."ding" a text comes in! Carrie: are you ok? Omg my life saver...Me: I'm lost :(. Carrie: where are you? me: hang on...then I find an intersection and i mention the Streets....she goes...you are in Richmond? you are way lost!!! She texted me all the directions back home....wow!!! What an amazing friend! She realized I wasnt back from my outcall and she reached out to me...THANK YOU my sweet friend, without you I would have slept in my car until the next morning!!!

I know nowadays it's hard to get lost with our smart phones...when the smart phone suddenly becomes a dumb ass...of well...thats what happens...;)

It happened to me in Barcelona many years ago...walking around not knowing where to go...you get that "panick" feeling Inside that keeps you from thinking straight...

Did anyone ever get lost...would love to hear your story!

Bianca xoxox

I'm a guy, so as all guys, I'm never lost - just taking the "scenic" route.

Technology is great, only when it works -- always keep a paper map in your car!

For you younger folks, a paper map is either a big piece of paper or in book form that has all the streets on it :)

Edited by qwertyaccount
  • Like 1

Guest A*ro**n

When I was backpacking through Europe, I got lost in Venice. Luckily there was sign's for a McDonald's that took me back to St. Michael's square.

I was once listed as Missing In Action for 3 weeks in Iraq. When I made my way back and my Commanding Officer explained I was listed as MIA I just smiled and told him, " how could I be missing? I knew where I was the whole time"! ;)

• Like 2

I'm a guy, so as all guys, I'm never lost - just taking the "scenic" route.

For you younger folks, a paper map is either a big piece of paper in book form that has all the streets on it :)

I would say more....guys never ask for direction hahaha

It doesn't take me much to get lost across the river from Ottawa...

Just saying... hahaha

hmmmm...so your not like all guys then...;)

Yes Auroran...."Carrie Moon" showed me the way lol

I agree about the paper maps. I find that when I'm using my GPS in my car I loose track of the bigger picture, always looking for the next turn. The map I can pull up on the phone is pretty small, but still can get me out of a jam.

• Like 1

I hate GPS - they always get you lost. It's not like I can't take direction, but they are always telling you to go left, but you really need to go right. (Or is that my other right?)

I am always getting lost, but I always find my way home. I've gone across the country, even drivin' thru Montreal. That was the worst! Believe me.

Don't ever ask me for directions though. Even Carrie can't help you find out where you are after I've given you instructions!

• Like 1

Not at all... for some reason they like to make road really complicated in the QC area ...

I hate going in circles. If I think I'm lost I shrug; either fire up the GPS/Phone or stop and ask somebody... no time to waste and gas to burn lol.

• Like 1

I can understand where the OP is coming from for sure.

However, when I'm riding my bike, getting lost is part of the journey and I wouldn't have it any other way. Not knowing where I'm going or better yet, where I'll end up is part of the adventure.

My GPS gets me into trouble as much as it gets me out of it.

Guest S*rca****sid

Speaking for myself, simply put... No. Never. I grew up in the country and as a kid I was very adventurous. Always off somewhere on my bike. I was a boy scout and learned to read a map and compass, and on frequent camping trips wondering the woods. It has become so inherent that the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west (same with the Moon); knowing what part of the sky the constellations are located in the sky at night. I never really think of it now.

A little trick for some of you city dwellers who get lost often... if you don't know what direction you're driving in, have a look at some of the houses. If you see a satellite dish stuck to the side, it's always facing South. So if the dish is facing to your left, you're heading West, and of course if it's facing to your right, you're heading East.

I have to say that I've never been south of the equator yet. I'm sure the first time I see the toilet flush in the opposite direction, it will disorientate me for a couple days.

I get lost all the time. I tend to ignore the GPS. The path least travelled is often the most interesting.

• Like 3

Lost....I have never been lost, a few times I have been in a different location then I meant to be....but never lost.

Actually the last time I was lost was the last time I had a playdate. Had been given perfect instruction on how to proceed through the lobby doors, going directly to the right room. I did get lost trying to leave...lol. But I blame that on the utterly mind blowing activities of the previous two hours.

After a couple of cups of coffee I'm now awake enough to remember a couple of times that I was technically lost.

I was using GPS navigation, and the map in the GPS was incorrect leading me to streets that don't exist on the wrong side of a lake, or the wrong way on one-way streets.

Paper map & compass to the rescue!

• Like 1