What do you do to stay in Shape

Hi

I've been trying to get back into shape the last couple of year. As I get older I would like to be in great shape. But due to various injuries over the last couple of years due to physical problems. I have been limited to what I can do. But now that I have started recovering, I am back at full speed to get back in shape. I go to Good Life to do weights and dumb bells and chin ups. Using mostly machines so that I can lift safely. At home, I have a Soloflex machine, dumb bells and rubber tubes, and a treadmill. I recently bought a Concept 2 rowing machine. Now the rowing machine, the family uses and we are getting in great shape using it. I think that it is the best purchased I've made so far for exercise. It burns a lot of calories and uses a lot of muscles.

What is your fitness routine. What have you found works and what doesn't .

Let's spread the knowledge :)

• Like 2

If you go to Goodlife, I highly recommend their BodyPump class. Men tend to shy away from the classes as it is predominantly attended by women, but it's a great class. Low-weight, high rep, and it's fun. First-time men usually try to be all tough and put very heavy weights on their bar, only to realize halfway through a track that it's too much, lol. But it's awesome too because you put your own weight on, so the intensity level is up to you. I go 2-4 times a week.

RPM classes are also great, and are a killer cardio workout.

Guest realnicehat

Absolutely nothing but that's all about to change.

Plan is to really focus on diet, weights at the gym, TRX training and cardio on the bike at home.

I run 7k every other day to try and keep in shape. Need to do more weight work though.....when winter settles in I'll move my running inside at the local YMCA and hopefully add more weight training into my workouts. Really feel bad when I miss a run, need that endorphin release!

Guest *l**e

I used to be a personal trainer so know many methods of working out. As I have gotten older, I have simplified things a bit and I am in the best shape of my life; 180 pounds, 13% body fat, visible abs and great cardio.

Here's what I do;

every morning while I get ready for work I do 100 pushups. Even if it takes 20 sets of 5, do them. Get up, do some. pee, do some. brush your teeth, do some...etc...get your 100 in.

At some point in the day I do a simple 30 minute circuit either at the gym or at home.

Do 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times/week

In the evening, if you are watching tv, do some ab sets, or at least some stretching.

Your biggest meal should be lunch, not supper

No food after 8 pm...7 if you can do it.

Booze only on weekends

You don't need sweets every day, but have them now and then.

It's not fancy; following this I lost over 40 pounds and am now top shape.

People I train nowadays are having great success with this routine and find it is not as cumbersome as many other methods.

Guest B**na***oy

I have a cable and pulley home gym. This is a very good investment as it is a sturdy and safe machine to use alone. I also have a treadmill and of course an abs bench.

I train every other day and like to change my routine frequently rather than going thru the same repetitious motions all the time. Last month I participated to the Army Run, it was a very pleasant activity, I will do it again next year.

I lift weights, do circuits and plyometrics 6 days a week. I try to spend as much time as I can outside :)

But other than being active, if you wanna feel and see results you have to adjust your nutrition, eat clean/healthy! This will be the key to fuel and recover your body

• Like 4

Alotta beer, bacon and carbs. Tipping back the beer works the biceps. White bread was making me fat so switched to rye bread but just eat more of it. Slap on some processed cheese and processed meat and make a dagwood. Heavy sandwich is like a small weight lift. Using my legs on my recliner to kick it down when my beer is empty or need some potato chips gives my legs a workout. right hand gets some work when I flip the lever for the recliner. ahhh Left hand works the remote and I have a very strong thumb.

Other than that I work an average 12 hours a day and love my recliner when I get home ! Hockey season too :)

• Like 2

What do you do to stay in Shape

My routine:

Monday's: Blondes

Tuesday's: Brunets

Wednesday's: Redheads

Thursday's: Surprise day - wear a blindfold until after

Friday's: Anything goes on Friday!

Saturday's: Wank off thinking about a great week

Sunday's: Rest day

• Like 1

I lost over 40 lbs almost 2 years ago, and a massage was my treat to myself...what a can of worms that opened up lol

Anyway...eating healthy is probably 80% of the process.

I do all the gym stuff (cardio, weights) 3x a week, hockey, golf etc, and also added HOT yoga in in the last 6 months....It's great! You may even see the odd sp or ma there ;-)

• Like 1

Used to train 5-6 times a day, 1-1.5h each time...mostly weight training and just a bit of cardio...I hate cardio lol. I havent trained reg for quite a bit now and my body is telling me its time to get back on track. Diet is def the key to keeping in shape...no secret there!

If anyone is up for a challenge...crossfit is a good one...intense but short group training works cardio and muscles...and fun too...hard but fun!

• Like 1

I like to do the plank on the massage table!! lol

For me it is all about keeping active. I don't play as many sports as I use to so I try to go for a walk each day around noon to get some fresh air. Then ideally I like to get to the gym 3-4 times a week and do either a fitness class (I actually like the Bodypump class) or a spinning session or if the weight area is not busy then I will do my own workout. I love to cook, bake and eat so my biggest challenge is limiting my intake to less than my workouts! Bottom line - if you burn more calories than you consume then that is a good thing. :)

Guest A*ro**n

Running 5K every other day. I agree with others though, if you can adjust your diet to reduce the sugars and carbs, that goes along way to boosting your energy and dropping some weight.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to cut out preservatives. It means you have to plan your meals and cook, but it becomes second nature pretty fast and it's FUN. I can guarantee you will drop weight from that alone.

In addition, DRINK MORE WATER! No one ever drinks enough and this contributes to bloating and all types of other issues.

Thirdly - just move. You like going to the gym? Then go. If you like walking, walk. Take the stairs. Park at the far side of the parking lot. Have sex :) Whatever to keep yourself MOVING !!!!!!!!!

It doesn't have to be complicated :)

• Like 3

Have sex :) Whatever to keep yourself MOVING !!!!!!!!!

It doesn't have to be complicated :)

My only exercise is sex and shopping :)

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

Due to a back injury years ago from Judo and a knee surgery error I have to do core exercises pretty much daily or my back and/or knee will flare up.

Most of what I do is body weight such as crunches, push ups, plank, knee bends and pull ups. It takes about 10 minutes to complete my routine and I do it 3 times each day, before work, on my lunch hour and also when I get home. The secret for me is I do it first thing. I try not to let anyone distract me from this routine and after awhile it just becomes habit. The additional incentive is if I go too long without doing this I will be worse off.

10 minutes of anything a day is a good place to start and then you can adapt it to better suit your lifestyle.

Guest webothscore

For sure, using your own body weight (resistance training) is very effective and makes sense.

I have got into running, but play golf and bowl too. But I really need to watch my diet, and maybe do a bit more core type workout. That said, some is better than none.

Gym 2 times a week.. and try to squeeze some cardio workout the other days in the week.. I try to eat as healthy as possible.. I ve never been big on eating sweets... but sometimes i wish I had more time to workout more...

Starting to eat too much. but at the same time i seem to be bulking up.

Going to have to do a lot of training over the holidays to make sure I don't gain too much weight. Too much work to get it off again. But the rowing machine is doing a great job of burning the extra calories each night. Some treadmill and 1 or 2 hrs a week in a infrared sauna and dumb bells almost every day are doing a great job of reshaping my body. But my appetite is going up also. I used to skip breakfast or lunch, but now I am eating full meals again. Have to not over do it over the holidays and try to exercise a lot for the next 2 weeks while I'm on holidays.

Most common New Years Resolution is to lose weight and get into shape.

The last couple of weeks, have been eating too much. Now it's time to get this extra weight. Starting to workout regularly, alternating between rowing machine, tread mill and dumbells at home and going to the gym once or twice a week to use the heavier weight machine. What do you plan to do to get int shape in 2014 :)

I go swimming and I do a lot of walking. Sometimes yoga (yin/hatha combination for preference), if I can swing it. Also: Livingroom dance parties are the best. :-)

Guest c**io**m7

Tight regimen of 3 meals daily with high protein snacking, 15 minutes of cardio each morning followed by alternate days of directed exercise. Shoulders and back one day, legs, abs and arms the next.

I have no fancy equipment nor do I use the gym, just my basement rafters, floor, physio elastics and various pieces of concrete...from pavers to 16 inch blocks.