Do dogs go to heaven?

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=533004

Miquelon posted the best picture in the funny pictures thread. It was concerning an argument between the Catholic church and Presbyterian churches.

So do they? I have relatives who are fanatical religious people and they are always telling me that animals don't have souls. My retort is then perhaps that's why I like them better, lol and if that is what's required for entry into heaven well I've concluded I don't want to go. I don't want to be somewhere that has no other beings other than human. Nope if there are no dogs it's not a place for me. So I guess I can go on sinning without remorse, lol!!!

• Like 2

I am pretty sure my guy has a heart. He is sweet and gentle. He loves me and his sisters (cats). To have a soul is to have a heart, so to me....dogs do go to heaven. I hope to see my past pets there someday....but not soon I hope.

The only dogs that don't go to heaven become hot dogs.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Dogs are BYLxhAyCEAAOeLO.jpg:thumb

Of course dogs go to heaven. They are spiritual and loving. Even the Prince Of Thieves Looks upward to the Universe In Awe!

I hope Heaven has a lot of trees, fire hydrants, parks, throw sticks, balls, chew toys, bones, kibble, beef (no pork please - makes my guy barf), blankets, grass (my guy loves the feeling of grass between his toes), cozy fireplaces, loving hands to give skritches, groomers, hugs.

Whew - did I get 'em all?

• Like 1

Guest a**4*

All animals great and small go to heaven I hope to see my dogs I had a long time ago one a Lab and the other a Lab mixed with Golden

Dogs are BYLxhAyCEAAOeLO.jpg:thumb

Of course dogs go to heaven. They are spiritual and loving. Even the Prince Of Thieves Looks upward to the Universe In Awe!

If that is your dog, you are very lucky. He/she has a face I could just eat up!!

I'm from Missouri (the show me state) so if there is a heaven (a whole other discussion) then sure dogs etc go to heaven. Perhaps I'll see my goldfish Flounder there.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y
If that is your dog, you are very lucky. He/she has a face I could just eat up!!

Yes he is my dog and he had been made infamous here because of my postings of his misadventures in another thread.

I believe they have souls...my friend's dog passed away last week and here's a video of her other dog saying goodbye..

If you don't believe they have souls after this i don't know what to tell you.
  • Like 3

Heaven is what you make it to be. Dogs, cats, lovers, kids. Everything you loved will be in heaven with you. The more fun you live, the better heaven will be for you. That's my own personal philosophy. Right now, as I'm posting this, I'm watching Scooby Doo with my 3 year old daughter resting against my shoulder. This event one of many that I will relive over and over in my heaven.

• Like 1

I believe they have souls...my friend's dog passed away last week and here's a video of her other dog saying goodbye..

If you don't believe they have souls after this i don't know what to tell you.

Thank you Emma for posting that- very touching. Hugs to them.

Guest c**io**m7
Why go to heaven when all my friends are in hell? Lol

I'll see you there!!

Cristy...keep on sinning. Imagine the huge cerb social we'll have in hell a few decades from now!

Well, without delving into the metaphysics of all of this, I really don't believe in heaven or hell. So, from my point of view, make your heaven where you find it. Right here and now. And that simply means treating everyone in the best way you possibly can, including the 4 legged friends.

Porthos

• Like 1

Simple logical exercise :) (Actually I agree with you, porthos, but can't resist)

Heaven is a place of perfect happiness.

Dogs are an essential part of perfect happiness.

Therefore there are dogs in heaven.

• Like 1

Contrary to popular belief, I am not dead nor am I bound for heaven. I think hell is a bit extreme... I'm actually looking for some kind of alternate afterlife... like Valhalla.

Valhalla is the viking paradise where you get served by lusty buxom maidens in metal bras and horny hats. I believe the size of the horns indicates the level of readiness. If there is an afterlife... Valhalla is whether this dog is headed.

• Like 3

Guest ChantalSummers

If there is a heaven I totally 110% agree!! Dogs are the most loyal and loving souls.

If god created all creatures then why wouldn't they go to heaven? They are kinder than most human and when do you see a dog commit a sin? We human do more often than not.

• Like 1

I had a dog that lived for 21 years. He was my partner, my best friend, my companion. He was like a son to me and never let me down. If there is a heaven, I know my trusting, loyal friend has gone there. May he be waiting for me when I arrive. The reunion would be amazing. :-)

• Like 2

I don't really believe in heaven/hell in a classic sense, but in a more metaphorical sense, my idea of heaven would be a place where dogs were treated as members of the family and could go anywhere a person can without consequence because I truly like my dog more than most people!

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat
Heaven has never been proven to be a place so trying to figure out who and what is going there is an exercise in silliness. lol

That's the only kind of exercise I like.

Heaven also hasn't been disproven either...

Not that I'm a big believer but if it is there I'm sure there is a doggy door in those pearly gates.

Pretty sure my spoiled pooch is living in heaven on earth right now.

Heaven has never been proven to be a place so trying to figure out who and what is going there is an exercise in silliness. lol

I appreciate your opinion and thank you for your post but if one believes in anything it is never silly, especially and, if it brings you happiness and comfort:)

• Like 1

To quote Will Rogers:

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

I couldn't have said it any better.

• Like 2