Mr Harper and our Vets

Well said. This prime minister and his government are off side with so many issues of concern to the average citizen, hopefully he isn't able to gain another term. He was quite happy to send the troops off to some very dangerous missions and it's now time for him to ante up and care for them, may of whom are very damaged. You only have to witness the number of suicides among the returning Afghan vets to realize how serious an issue.

As for Fantino, he has no idea what constitutes common curtsy, it was quite a picture of the older vets turned out smartly with their medals to face him, almost seems like he didn't have the spine to face them.

• Like 4

As you may have guessed from some of my previous posts I am not a fan of our current Prime Minister. I consider myself to be a fiscal conservative so in a number of ways I should have a fair amount of common ground with the PM but to be honest I find my self repulsed by the fact that he is the leader of My Country.

It comes down to the fact that, to me, the Prime Minister is just not that nice a person...he is petty and vindictive in the way he operates and goes out if his way to cause difficulty for those who he feels have opposed him politically.

I can respect the fact that people will have different political views on what is best for this country but what I cannot accept is the lack of respect that the Harper Government shows to people who disagree with them. He talk of integrity in government yet he associates and promotes people with little or no integrity (Duffy, Wallin, Chief of Staff and Senate leaders who worked with the PM to cover it all up).

Yesterday's treatment of our country's veterans is just another example of how this government treats those who they disagree with but good for the veterans they are standing their ground and showing the PM and the Minister of Veterans Affairs as the scum bags they really are.

Mr Harper you could learn a lot about Service to your country, about leadership and about integrity from our Canadian Veterans.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

Petty, punitive politics. That what this government is all about.

Someone who can't take responsibility for his own actions, but is constantly trying to shift the blame onto others, could well learn a few lessons about honour and courage from those who've risked their lives on our behalf.

• Like 5

First it was the senate scandle he did not know about it yeh right and then now what he and his party is doing to our veterans who fought long and hard for peace for our country and when it comes time to vote I hope all of us wonderful canadians look back and see what our goverment are doing to our vets Thanks and god bless to our veterans

• Like 2

Guest P*rry

Veteran Affairs Minister Fantino acted in a rude and disrespectful manner to the Veterans he was scheduled to meet. Situation was made worse by his arrogant attitude shown in the aftermath of the incident. He's lost my respect. IMHO he should resign from his portfolio.

Christie Blatchford wrote a very good article about Fantino's background. It appeared January 30, 2014 in the Ottawa Citizen. Gist is that Fantino has a history of being a bully. That's not exactly the type of personality that should be serving our Veterans. Another poor choice by the Prime Minister.

Well well well. CTV News this morning is reporting that Veterans Affairs is planning to close some PTSD clinics in Quebec and is carrying out surveillance on Veterans who are presently claiming benefits. Why does this not surprise me.

As well I have not received any response to my note to the PM's office.