Thank you Boomer.

I am actually surprised that the government has even produced these discussion questions. Since they did, I shall take my time to reply to each of the questions with thought and care.

I read somewhere that each time a government gets an "opinion" from a member of the public they "count" that as representing a larger number of people because so few people actually will take the time to communicate on serious questions.

Thanks for the link.

• Like 3

in my reply on one of the questions i pretty much said their bias was showing, when it came to

4. Do you think that it should be a criminal offence for a person to benefit economically from the prostitution of an adult?

Don't let them sway you with the obvious bias of that question, because it will trick you into agreeing that sps won't even be allowed to pay an agency fee, or an mp room rental, or for advertising, or even if they want to use a driver. It could also lead to them being unable to rent accomodations for incalls.

• Like 4

in my reply on one of the questions i pretty much said their bias was showing, when it came to

Don't let them sway you with the obvious bias of that question, because it will trick you into agreeing that sps won't even be allowed to pay an agency fee, or an mp room rental, or for advertising, or even if they want to use a driver. It could also lead to them being unable to rent accomodations for incalls.

Excellent point Fortunateone. That was a major part of the Bedford decision , if I am correct. It goes to safety. That's why I will be taking my time to consider and reply.

• Like 1

Fill out the form. My view is basically that we don't need any additional laws.

I agree. I said that the municipal governments are more than capable of regulating. That and Worker Safety protocols, just like any other workers.

There are plenty of laws already out there that protect workers in all kinds of situations, including smuggled, coerced, or slavery. The laws can protect them, and prosecute criminals from exploiting nannies and construction labour, why not sex workers.

• Like 1

hello from vancouver!! hope all is well out east and that you are all trying to stay warm!!

i took the survey also and noticed that you can answer the survey more than once...

i am sure that the feminazis will use this to their advantage so am wondering if people think we should do it too...

it does prove that the survey is completely anonymous so clients and sp's can both safely take part...

love susie

• Like 4

Guest *l**e

I filled it out today and will help spread the word as much as I can. I'd hate to see any new laws come into effect that will harm our community.

The last question, I decided not to say I was writing on any organization benefit. By saying I was an SP, I was concerned they would look at me as being too biased. I wanted them to know that not just SP's have these opinions, but so do regular Canadians. I wanted to, but then last min said, nah...I am just a Canadian with an opinion.

I heavily based my answers on the fact that cases of pimping ( extortion), and violence, trafficking etc were HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES not prostitution issues. I also mentioned that Canada could benefit from taxes on income, etc. I mentioned how much better it could be if agencies/agents had to answer to a labour board and police in cases of abuse, like any body with a job who got a punch or enticed into drugs on the job, from their boss hahaha...The lady could file a proper complaint. I also said a person sitting there with no food and no heat feels degraded more then being able to go make 1000.00 to fill the fridge and get the lights back on!

• Like 1

i took the survey also and noticed that you can answer the survey more than once...

Does anyone know if this actually works?

It strikes me that it would make sense to discount duplicate submissions from the same IP address, especially if they're close together (you could perhaps just hit submit/back in your browser a lot... I don't know if this works).

They may also discount responses that are identical. I bet many organizations are providing "sample" responses for their foot-soldiers...

• Like 2

Does anyone know if this actually works?

It strikes me that it would make sense to discount duplicate submissions from the same IP address, especially if they're close together (you could perhaps just hit submit/back in your browser a lot... I don't know if this works).

They may also discount responses that are identical. I bet many organizations are providing "sample" responses for their foot-soldiers...

On the survey webpage is the following link to their privacy policy.

"The Department of Justice employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected."

They do record IP addresses so I wonder if it could be argued that multiple responses from the same address could be construed as an attempt to damage the site, or at least as an attempt to skew the information collected.

I shall be making a single reply.

You are correct Phaedrus - it would be nice to know for sure.

• Like 3

good point i am also only going to answer the 2 times i did. the second one was short answers and just a test of the system....

susie

I have my written answers for this survey. I am wondering if there is any member who is confident of their knowledge of the Bedford decision that would proof read my response to that specific question for purposes of accuracy. If so, please send me a PM. Thanks in advance.