The Vikings On History Channel

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I recently got caught up on The Vikings Season 1 a couple of weeks ago . It is shot in Ireland and the scenery are great. Season 2 is now showing and the plots are thickning. This season has a lot of promise. What do you think of this show? If you like A Game Of Thrones you may enjoy this series.

I have yet to start the second season myself, but as an amateur history buff, I enjoyed the first one. It inspired me to go back an read a lot more about the earliest known days of the Vikings. The show takes some liberties, but is entertaining. I hope it doesn't abandon it's current tone for cheap shock value or soap opera-ish story arcs.

I watched the season 2 premiere last night. It lives up to expectations, and certainly gives us a bit of an insight into the ways and attitudes of Northern Europeans in those times. I really like it.

It was one of my favourite shows for a while, but unfortunately I moved about 3/4 of the way through the first season, and didn't get TV until long after the season was over. I may have to see if I can find the first season somewhere to get caught up so I can start season 2

I've also been enjoying it. As Lowdark says, it certainly isn't historically accurate in some respects, but the characters, dialogue, and story are all entertaining.

What I really like though is that, unlike a lot of "historical" shows, it doesn't simply have characters with today's values and beliefs and slap them in historical costume. It actually tries to show a different period in time where people had different worldviews that seemed as normal to them as ours is to us, and it doesn't do so in a "look how silly these people are" kind of way.

Season 2 looks to be every bit as entertaining as the first season. Ha,ha....don't blame Ragnar for trying to convince his wife to let him have 2 wives....that Princess Aulag he hooked up with last season is HOT! Really enjoy this show so far.

Just had a chance to see the season 2 opener that I had recorded on the PVR. It promises to be as exciting as the first, lots of blood and intrigue.

Season 2 looks to be every bit as entertaining as the first season. Ha,ha....don't blame Ragnar for trying to convince his wife to let him have 2 wives....that Princess Aulag he hooked up with last season is HOT! Really enjoy this show so far.

Ragnar certainly is a ladies man, isn't he?

I think both wife & son will come back to re-join the clan for the sake of survival. They both seemed pissed and they do have a beef to settle with Mr. randy Ragnar. I think the boy was brave to accompany mom in her moment of pique. Principles are fine, but to survive in the middle of frigging nowhere, you have to be practical in such matters and depend on safety in numbers. Besides, what's not to like with a lady like Princess Aulag?

Vikings is a fantastic series!!! It's probably now my favorite show on the tele at the moment. Plus both Katheryn Winnick and Donal Logue are Canadian, so always good to see.

I was anxious for the shows return and have not been disappointed. This show always keeps you guessing on where it is going. Really got to wonder about Princess Aslaug pregnancy though, seemed somewhat timely for her.

-Alg

I really enjoy this show and find that the story line keeps improving. If you like Game of Thrones you will like this show.

Guest N***he**Ont**y
Is this found on Netflix?

No it is not. It is on History Channel and History Channel VOD.

I loved the first season, but haven't started watching the second season yet. I should have kept my eyes closed for this thread, it looks like theres some spoilers!

Ragnar is beautiful, but Floki really makes me tingle -- he's played by Gustaf Skarsgård, brother of Alexander Skarsgård who plays Eric in True Blood. That family, damn.