I have been pondering a question that has been bothering me as of late. I am wondering why do certain people, and for the purpose of this thread by people I mean "the ladies," not respond in a prompt manner to email's or PM's? I have tried to contact a certain lady twice in the past week to week and a half. I have yet to get a response! I understand that I might not be worthy of a response if my messages were crude, ignorant, inappropriate or consisted of some other form disrespectful language. I think I can confidently say that I have NEVER posted or sent a disrespectful message! So I am left wondering does this person not want my business? Because that is essentially what we are all engaged in...a business of sorts. I can not for the life of me (wow that is a real Maritime saying) figure out why people do not respond to messages in a prompt manner. Obviously I have seen something in either her website, her profile or just her profile picture that caused me to explore a possible meeting. I also know that she has visited my profile page here on Cerb and would thus know that I am not some crazed axe murderer with a poor reputation. Having said all of that I realize that peoples lives are busy and complicated both personal and professional I mean. So obviously a little bit of time to respond is both given and expected but really a week and a half while still being active on Cerb?? If she does not want to meet could a simple reply stating that she is not available, not interested or possibly just has to wash her hair on that day be too much to ask? I must also clarify that not all ladies are this way, in fact before this I had yet to message a lady on Cerb who has not responded promptly and professionally! So there it is one of my annoyances as it were, so please ladies and gentlemen if you are contacted by someone be respectful enough to respond to the message in a polite and prompt manner!

I have been pondering a question that has been bothering me as of late. I am wondering why do certain people, and for the purpose of this thread by people I mean "the ladies," not respond in a prompt manner to email's or PM's? I have tried to contact a certain lady twice in the past week to week and a half. I have yet to get a response! I understand that I might not be worthy of a response if my messages were crude, ignorant, inappropriate or consisted of some other form disrespectful language. I think I can confidently say that I have NEVER posted or sent a disrespectful message! So I am left wondering does this person not want my business? Because that is essentially what we are all engaged in...a business of sorts. I can not for the life of me (wow that is a real Maritime saying) figure out why people do not respond to messages in a prompt manner. Obviously I have seen something in either her website, her profile or just her profile picture that caused me to explore a possible meeting. I also know that she has visited my profile page here on Cerb and would thus know that I am not some crazed axe murderer with a poor reputation. Having said all of that I realize that peoples lives are busy and complicated both personal and professional I mean. So obviously a little bit of time to respond is both given and expected but really a week and a half while still being active on Cerb?? If she does not want to meet could a simple reply stating that she is not available, not interested or possibly just has to wash her hair on that day be too much to ask? I must also clarify that not all ladies are this way, in fact before this I had yet to message a lady on Cerb who has not responded promptly and professionally! So there it is one of my annoyances as it were, so please ladies and gentlemen if you are contacted by someone be respectful enough to respond to the message in a polite and prompt manner!

I assume for the purposes of the response you are referring to an independent provider? If you were referring to an agency, I can understand the business analogy better, but if its just one human being probably being contacted probably by a lot of men, I dont think you can assume anything. If the lady you are trying to contact is younger and less experienced, maybe she simply isn't organized, doesn't recognize the "business" concepts you mention in your note, is having her e-mail edited by her boyfriend ... who knows (smile). I know for a fact that a number of our better known independent ladies get a ton of e-mail, and sometimes its an honor just to get a reply.

If you have a timing issue, like a trip to town or something like that, try putting in your subject line, "Request for appointment ... checking one last time!" or simply "Request for appointment ... February 28th (or whatever date applies)" and see what happens. I certainly wouldn't assume you are doing anything wrong. If it doesn't work out, don't let it bug you and move on to the next wonderful lady on your list.

Good luck and best wishes.

Guest s******ecan****

In my experience most SP's respond promptly. I once had an SP take 2 weeks to get back to me, so long that at first I had forgotten all about it lol!

I have only once had an well known Indy on Cerb fail to respond at all to a PM. Perhaps she accidently deleted it or perhaps it is simply the way she chooses to deal with PM's from gents she is not interested in seeing (those who know me know my PM's are always, polite, and concise).

We also need to keep in mind many of the SP's also have incoming traffic from their websites, other boards, and phone/email from existing clients.

Guest f***2f***

The ladies are better qualified but i know from the Indies that their time is money. If you write a long email that asks a lot of questions that you could have gotten the answers to on her site you are likely not going to get an answer.

There are a lot of time wasters out there friends and a lot of people who have no intention of booking. Similar to the guy who walks into a car showroom and says "just looking" but takes an hour of the salesman's time asking questions. He's just killing time cause the wife is at the supermarket but the salesman could be talking to a real customer instead of wasting time and losing money.

Read her ad or site, make your decision and send her a consise to the point email. Some of them get a lot of mail so don't write a small novel...it won't get read...If she doesn't answer move on...plenty of choice out there.

Indies do their own email, pms and texts and she doesn't read her stuff or answer while with a client...be patient.

Edited by f***2f***
added content

Speaking for myself I do try to respond to emails within 24 hours but if it is a pm from cerb that does not go to my phone and I am not as quick to respond to them unfortunately...as for phone messages I will own return those if the gentleman has left a message stating it is okay to do so ...I always hestitate to return a phone message in the evening or the next day as I am not sure if he is in a position to accept a message at that time...so i do feel bad as i work elsewhere and do miss alot of phonecalls and hesitate to return them as I dont want to put the gentleman in a sticky situation so i definitely prefer initial communication through email,,,xooxalex

Personally all I can think is...why care? There's either a reason for it, or there isn't; she's too busy at the time, taking a break, not interested, not organized, etc, etc. If you're a good client, it's her loss, no need to think about it for a second. Move on to something else...

Guest f***2f***
Personally all I can think is...why care? There's either a reason for it, or there isn't; she's too busy at the time, taking a break, not interested, not organized, etc, etc. If you're a good client, it's her loss, no need to think about it for a second. Move on to something else...

exactly....but if it's a pattern it is probably the client not the sps...review the way you send emails and figure it out.

I'm just responding to Steve's "voice" in his post.

I hear your frustration man. She must be pretty hot to inspire your words. Actually, I really liked your post because it get's down to the emotions that drives a lot of us. I sympathize. It royally sucks, but what can you do?

Try not to take it personally. Maybe she's away or easily distracted or has a lot of other emails to respond....a lot of what-ifs. Try pinging her again maybe she lost your original email? Good luck!

Guest W***ledi*Time
Personally all I can think is...why care? .... Move on to something else...

I agree with you BN!

On the other hand (although not wishing to speak for Steve) there are a lot more something (and someone) elses in Ottawa than on Prince Edward Island to move on to. In rural Canada, the options on the top-lady front can be extremely limited. This means that every single attractive possibility is like gold. So it's not quite so easy for rural guys to just shrug and move on without a feeling of regret, and of an opportunity lost.

On the other hand (although not wishing to speak for Steve) there are a lot more something (and someone) elses in Ottawa than on Prince Edward Island to move on to.

Haha, not something I took into consideration!

Still gotta move on though, probably money well saved...

Try not to take it personally. Maybe she's away or easily distracted or has a lot of other emails to respond....a lot of what-ifs. Try pinging her again maybe she lost your original email? Good luck!

Nope - pinging someone 3-4 times in a two week period isn't going to get you a response. It will quickly put you on an ignore list and from the sounds of things, it takes a lot less than 3-4 messages to get onto this lady's ignore list. (Not calling you out Jabba, just a difference in opinion).

You know best steve, when it is time to stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt and what to do. Granted limited selection in your region (as other members have pointed out), but you know what you need to do.

Nope - pinging someone 3-4 times in a two week period isn't going to get you a response. It will quickly put you on an ignore list and from the sounds of things, it takes a lot less than 3-4 messages to get onto this lady's ignore list. (Not calling you out Jabba, just a difference in opinion).

Ya - yer right Seymour. I'm getting old & forgot about Steve's multiple pings.

I've gotten PMs from members (on another board) that for some reason or another didn't sit well. I didn't respond. Steve, I'm not suggesting your attempts to make contact were anything less than gentlemanly...

I once know a SP who has limited Internet access, so she responded to e-mail only when she could. Also, best way is still to call if you prefer an immediate answer to your questions.

SNS724

Well, I've replied to the other thread and I'll do it again, this is like any other business where you owe any client or potential client whatever reputation you have. Success in as I said any business is not only about the service provided but the attention you give your clients.

How many of us switch companies because after we sign a contract they forget about us? or even worse before us deciding to get the service from them they are already ignoring us, is same here, attitude says a lot of a person.

As for not having time to reply? doubt it, internet access could be but if a provider know this is her case she should post another way to contact her. That's my thoughts, I may not be right.