Why don't clients upgrade their avatar?

Okay, good point... it's time for a change.

Nah. I've gotten quiet attached to mine. Worryingly, I really like my current profile pic too, so I'm probably stuck with both for a while...

• Like 2

I know I was a member of CERB for a number of years before I actually started using an Avatar.... as was said earlier I think I kinda saw it as a place where I came and read but did not really participate so i never really felt a part of the community so did not think I needed details in my profile or an Avatar. Since I have become more active in the hobby and started posting more often I felt I needed to complete the profile info and add an Avatar if I wanted to engage other active members. Maybe the question is how do we get more of the "?" to engage.

I'd suggest engaging strangers or newcomers in the conversations is how you get more people engaged and interested. If they are just not interested you'll never know they are there.

• Like 3

I like mine, it depicts the type of guy I am, and it's one of my "several" favourite sex positions plus I've had since inception of avatars. It will remain with me until my time is up here.;)

• Like 4

I agree your avatar is important but for those who never post i can see why they never change it.

on a side note i do not know if i will ever change mine as it is a good reflection of me. ( at least i think ) :)

• Like 1

One other reason for never changing (upgrading) an avatar is it becomes as identifiable to a client as his handle...and we don't go changing our board handles. Our avatar is as much our signature as our handle

It could get confusing if we kept changing our avatar

As for the ladies, I can understand them changing their avatar, with current photos of themselves. Just so potential clients know what the ladies look like

A morning rambling

RG

I'm quite happy with Philip J. Fry. It's been my avatar for years and have no plans to change it.

• Like 1

Since we are talking about Avatars, I personally think that the only people who should have a picture of them in the simplest apparel should be the Service Providers...

• Like 3

In the spirit of good relations I have updated my profile picture. I am wearing regimental dress.

I have also updated my signature.

Please let me know via PM if you find either offensive. If there are no complaints then I will also update my avatar.

Cheers,

• Like 1

No noooo Mr. Bill ... I mean, Mr. Bean.

You do realize that my initial thread was only asking members who still have a "?" as their avatar to add an image to their avatar, not the members who currently have an image? Although, I would like to see your dress ... or, regimental skirt ... or dress or whatever. No!!!! I didn't mean to say that publicly. ... Where's the delete message button? ... Oh good, I found it! ... Wow! I finally deleted this public message! ... God, I didn't want that to be posted to the public to read. Whew!!!

In the spirit of good relations I have updated my profile picture. I am wearing regimental dress. ... Cheers,
  • Like 1

No noooo Mr. Bill ... I mean, Mr. Bean.

You do realize that my initial thread was only asking members who still have a "?" as their avatar to add an image to their avatar, not the members who currently have an image? Although, I would like to see your dress ... or, regimental skirt ... or dress or whatever. No!!!! I didn't mean to say that publicly. ... Where's the delete message button? ... Oh good, I found it! ... Wow! I finally deleted this public message! ... God, I didn't want that to be posted to the public to read. Whew!!!

I's just having a wee bit of fun ;)