Info For Ottawa Sex Workers

Well done Emily. I hope nobody ever has to use this line, but if needed it's nice to have the name of a sergent that will listen and act upon the info to apprehend the culprit promptly.

Trish Ferguson is a very good, discrete, and kind police officer who truly cares about sex workers and does the best she can with the tools she has. She is a good person to reach out to if there are any problems...

..but yes, hopefully no one needs to call her.

Thank you for posting this Em!

Nat xox

• Like 8

Guest S****r

Thanks, Emily J. I was looking for her name just this week all over cerb and couldn't find it. Had to PM someone to get it. I think a sticky is a very good idea.

I think a sticky is a very good idea.

I would suggest a sticky here, and perhaps one in the bad-date section, as that would seem another appropriate location to have the information available.

Trish is away on course. I was robbed yesterday. Anyone know where I report this? Who is replacing Trish? Who else deals with sex trade workers?

• Like 1

I'm really sorry this has happened, Valerie =(

Kelly Lyle would be a good person to get in touch with. She's with OPS and also sex worker friendly. I'm trying to find her contact information online but I'm having a bit of a hard time. Can someone help me find her info?

If you call the general OPS line tomorrow, and ask to be transferred to her, they should give you her extension.

• Like 1

Trish is away on course. I was robbed yesterday. Anyone know where I report this? Who is replacing Trish? Who else deals with sex trade workers?

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you will find the help you need. Robbery could happen to anyone, so I am not sure if you could just contact the police department?

I just copied these from Emily's original post - hopefully Trish's replacement will be monitoring the voicemail.

And I too am sorry to hear this happened.

Sergeant Patricia Ferguson

Sexual Assault Section

Tel. 613-236-1222, ext. 5463

Or, to anonymously report to the police any kind of bad behaviour you've experienced:

Bad Date Line

Call 1-800-303-5407 - anonymously.

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/ServingOttawa/SectionsAndUnits/saca/baddateline.aspx

If you wish to speak with an officer regarding an assault or receive more information regarding the investigation process, you may contact the Sexual Assault Unit directly at 613-236-1222, ext. 5944.[/i]

I ended up dealing with Trish again over the recent robbery. She was very helpful in explaining how to proceed and what information I need to provide and what information I did NOT need to provide.

• Like 3

Guest fra***s62

Thank you for the contact info and links. You are a great resource, and advocate for the industry.

It is a strange state of affairs that needs to search for police that will help SP's. The average police officer should protect and serve sex workers. That should be the standard.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Trish has left SACA and will no longer be able to be a point of contact for us. (I don't know where she is going or what she will be doing, just that she is still with OPS, but I hope this is a positive for her.)

Here is her replacement's information:

Sergeant Alison Cookson

Sexual Assault and Child Abuse

613-236-1222 ext 5463

[email protected]

• Like 5

Guest ***rd**n
It is a strange state of affairs that needs to search for police that will help SP's. The average police officer should protect and serve sex workers. That should be the standard.

I agree. When I go to the massage parlor they want to see I.D. when you get a tan, yet nobody asks for I.D. when you get a massage. Strange. I understand everyone wants to be discreet. However discretion is a two way street and I don't think any of the parties involved would want to risk that. Besides if you are a hobbyist and afraid of being found out, try a new hobby like collecting stamps or like the fortune cookie says stick with your wife. I remember going to a strip club in the states and I had to show I.D. or else no C.R. room. Yes places have cameras and bouncers but those are reactionary measures. I think clients should show I.D. it could help catch a stalker. Clubs or parlors should issue membership cards. After 10 visits you get a freebie, like the Subway card or something. Sex workers are people to and shouldn't be dismissed. If you ever saw the movie Turbo Kid. The girl gives a blunt lesson in self defense. Go for the eyes, throat, groin. Be careful out there.

After 10 visits you get a freebie, like the Subway card or something.

Geez! What Subway do you go to?

:biggrin: