I got freaked out today.

Prior to that comment, people had already started

Without knowing everything that the OP did, without finding out if he tried to make amends, this thread just went down a bad path.

I kinda think you are over playing the blame thing.... the op did in fact back out that's not blaming that's stating a fact...i don't know placed in the same situation I might have done the same... i simply went on to say that if I did "I" would pay for the ladies time.

The OP was great...this was a very real and interesting topic.... a I am glad he brought it up. The fact that we might not all agree on what we should do in this circumstance is not surprising.... does not make someone good or bad.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I frequently use hotels, and i routinely give details on where the room is. "take the hallway to the left of the front desk", or "turn right when you get off the elevator".

Its easy to do & helps keep us all discrete. It seems appreciated.

This is a really interesting thread ;-)

Cheers,

Porscha

• Like 1

There are some big hotels here with lots of business travellers coming and going all day. Those places are ideal.

It would be easy for a travelling lady who does not know the city to pick a bad hotel. Even in the same chain ie Hilton or Mariott, individual hotels can vary wildly in their layout.

I suppose we could list hotels that are extremely bad. But it might be a bad idea to name ones that are good since it would attract attention to them. Or make their desk staff extra suspicious.

Additional Comments:

I frequently use hotels, and i routinely give details on where the room is. "take the hallway to the left of the front desk", or "turn right when you get off the elevator".

Excellent advice. Standing around looking lost will make anyone stick out.

when I've stayed in smaller, boutique style hotels with awkward lobby entrances ... or large hotels with a huge lobby and confusing entrances I always give clear directions to the elevator.

For example, "walk in straight ahead past desk turn left to elevator" ... or ... "walk in and head towards front desk turn right just before it and elevators are down the hall"

...for both his comfort and my own. It's a couple of extra keystrokes and it keeps him from looking awkward, uncomfortable, or like he doesn't belong, plus it ensures he makes it to my door :)

• Like 2

Guest P**aq
when I've stayed in smaller, boutique style hotels with awkward lobby entrances ... or large hotels with a huge lobby and confusing entrances I always give clear directions to the elevator.

For example, "walk in straight ahead past desk turn left to elevator" ... or ... "walk in and head towards front desk turn right just before it and elevators are down the hall"

...for both his comfort and my own. It's a couple of extra keystrokes and it keeps him from looking awkward, uncomfortable, or like he doesn't belong, plus it ensures he makes it to my door :)

Great advice!

I myself turn my phone on vibrate, hold it up to my ear, and have a pleasant conversation with myself as I walk past any hotel employees. The likelihood of anyone interrupting me to ask me questions is extremely remote, especially if I am talking to my imaginary friend on the other end.

Just a suggestion that works for me.

• Like 4

Once ,This kind of incidence happened with as well. I walked in to Holiday in and it seems this lady clerk at recepation was waiting for me . How I can help you sir , I just smiled and said I am here to see my friend and let me ask her which room excatly she is in and took out my cell phone and dialed to SP . I walked toward Elevator waved a thanks to her . So , It saved me from any question from this clerk .

I always apply this trick in all hotels and walk comfortably by these recepatinists

I myself turn my phone on vibrate, hold it up to my ear, and have a pleasant conversation with myself as I walk past any hotel employees. The likelihood of anyone interrupting me to ask me questions is extremely remote, especially if I am talking to my imaginary friend on the other end.

Just a suggestion that works for me.

GREAT advice! I do this too when I am making a hotel visit. Works every time:)

I just wonder how the person at the front desk doesn't know you are a guest at the hotel already, but you checked in earlier when other staff were on shift. As a general observation, having been to a few hotels (ok more than a few, both incall and outcall) in my day, both within this lifestyle and for other reasons, my experience is hotel staff ask questions for customer service, not to interrogate. Take the question as a customer service question because they see you as a customer.

Remember hotels are in the business of providing rooms. They know people go there, whether for affairs, romantic escapes with a spouse, to see companions (btw for the first three, look at how many hotels on their websites offer romantic weekend escape deals), a place to stay while on holidays, a place to stay while on business etc etc etc. And a staff member making a customer feel uncomfortable is going to hurt the hotel's business, something hotel management doesn't want. Insofar as a hotel is concerned you are doing nothing wrong, you are a reason that they are in business.

So more for future reference to anyone who feels nervous. Walk in like you belong there...because YOU DO BELONG THERE :-)

A rambling

RG

• Like 3

That did happen to me a few months back. It was at a well known hotel downtown off Portage. I walked in like I knew what I was doing. This was about 2 AM. The hotel desk clerk greeted me and asked me right away how she could help me. She questioned who I was seeing and wanted the full name and room of the person. I gave a fake name and told her I may have made a mistake. I left and phoned the SP as soon as I got to my vehicle. She told me she had to switch hotels because of this. It must happen a lot.

Guest ATasteOfEve

I was in another city, staying in a downtown hotel (not a dump) and booked a guy to come over. I reserved prime time for him and when he got to the hotel and into the elevator he got all paranoid because there was a man in the elevator who happened to be getting off at the same floor as me. The guy got spooked and simply didn't show up and when I texted him to see why, he suggested I was a little shady and that he didn't trust that he wasn't being set up. Jeepers! As if I have time for that...Maybe he had just smoked something and was in the twilight zone...Lol! Needless to say, I was insulted and lost the money for that booking. Grr

Additional Comments:

SPs need to stick up to these hotel managers. They like to play God sometimes...As if no one ever has sex in their rooms- paid or not! Simply tell them it's none of their business who you've invited to your room and ask them if they insult all of their paying guests in this manner. I'm wondering what they will do when prostitution truly becomes legal. Would it be discrimination then?

I was in another city, staying in a downtown hotel (not a dump) and booked a guy to come over. I reserved prime time for him and when he got to the hotel and into the elevator he got all paranoid because there was a man in the elevator who happened to be getting off at the same floor as me. The guy got spooked and simply didn't show up and when I texted him to see why, he suggested I was a little shady and that he didn't trust that he wasn't being set up. Jeepers! As if I have time for that...Maybe he had just smoked something and was in the twilight zone...Lol! Needless to say, I was insulted and lost the money for that booking. Grr

Additional Comments:

SPs need to stick up to these hotel managers. They like to play God sometimes...As if no one ever has sex in their rooms- paid or not! Simply tell them it's none of their business who you've invited to your room and ask them if they insult all of their paying guests in this manner. I'm wondering what they will do when prostitution truly becomes legal. Would it be discrimination then?

First prostitution is legal.

Second, how do they know it isn't two adults meeting for a romantic escape...they only know it's prostitution if you let them know it's prostitution

Third, yes maybe identify yourself, but you sure do not have to say who you are going to meet (if asked say you have a discrete relationship)

And under the philosophy sh*t goes downhill, if the desk staff treat you rude, call the manager, if the manager rude, ask for head office...nobody likes their fiefdoms disturbed, if you are going to be the disturbance in their (in their mind) empire, they chose the path of least resistance

And with hotels, maybe you might get upgrades, be it a better room, free parking etc etc etc

BTW once on the elevator press a couple floor buttons, just so the hotel staff can't narrow down who you are seeing (more a peace of mind thing and to protect the lady)

YOU BELONG THERE AND YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG

A rambling

RG

I make sure i know where the elevators are when I walk in so that I am not turning in circles trying to find the elevator. I have been asked by staff if they can help me but that,imo, is just them trying to help out a lost patron. I have never had a problem with this.

Like RG says I always push a couple of floor buttons so it it is hard to tell which floor I get off on.

If a hotel employee (suit) gets on the elevator with me and gets off on the same floor I simply "answer" my phone and push the down button on the elevator like something came up and I am going somewhere else.

Bottom line, it is no ones business where you are going, it is a hotel, people meet in hotels all the time. I have had business meetings in hotel rooms, and lots of pleasure meetings. A sign in sheet is not required.

Just sayin.

Lol... maybe it's just me but the only concern I have when entering a hotel to meet a lady is meeting someone I know...lol... like my wife... other than that it's a public place staff can ask whatever they want... i am just polite and say thanks but I am good.

We all need to relax.

Just my opinion.

Lol... maybe it's just me but the only concern I have when entering a hotel to meet a lady is meeting someone I know...lol... like my wife...

If you run into your wife at a hotel, you should wonder if she's there for the same reason. Maybe even the same person, lol. There are couples rates you could take advantage of.