Hello all,

I'd like to have honest feedback from you SPs out there.

In this day and age, do you think that men potentially seeking an SP face/deal with any stigmas (whether they are fair or not)?

Thanks

I don't know if you'll get the "honest" answer you are looking for

Because, in my opinion, we are opposite sides of the same coin, and thus are, or should be stigma free in this mutually beneficial community

Anyone stigmatized by another, be it a lady stigmatizing her client, one she agreed to see, or a client stigmatizing a companion, one he contacted to see first needs to take a good look in the mirror.

No one here is in a position to judge anyone for being here, and as for stigma, if a SP or Client believes someone else deserves to be stigmatized for being here, he/she, and everyone deserves the same stigma

And an SP publically stigmatizing clients/potential clients also may find she no longer has clients

In short, people living in glass houses don't throw stones

A rambling

RG

• Like 2

I will be honest with you, YES, there are still many stigmas attached to both sides of this industry which is why most people are very discerning about who they tell about either being a client or an SP. There are still so many people who have no idea about this industry or who is involved in it making judgements every day based on what they were told or past stigmas. much of that isn't true but there are some minds you can't change.

I will say this, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to indulge in this industry for whatever reason. It has been proven that sex is a need and is one of the things the human brain craves along with water, sleep and food. Everyone has a different reason for being here and all are legitimate and worthwhile.

This is why CERB is such a great place because all the stigmas are left to those outside and we are a like minded community supporting one another in the pursuit of whatever we need. SP's support clients just as clients support SP's...they also support one another client to client and SP to SP.

Within this industry, you are free to explore and enjoy without stigma. Outside the industry there are still many stigmas that many work daily to alter, fix or change, promoting sex worker and client rights, liberties and safeties. If you are concerned about stigmas, indulge carefully, wisely and be discreet. This is your choice therefore it is good for you. Share it with those who will also see it that way not with those who will judge you....unless of course you want to pick up the gauntlet for the industry.

Good luck!

• Like 7

Hello all,

I'd like to have honest feedback from you SPs out there.

In this day and age, do you think that men potentially seeking an SP face/deal with any stigmas (whether they are fair or not)?

Thanks

Absolutely! and especially now. The law has stigmatized clients and so will anyone now that was once in the in the grey area about it. Because for many, once something is determined to be illegal, then for them it becomes immoral.

But all along there have been men and women that hold the opinion that men who pay for companionship are lacking in some department, whether that be looks, intelligence, position, or something else. This "theory" is so wrong, yet believed by many.

Women in this business are also stigmatized by society, by their peers, by some clients as being "victims", of a lower class, untrustworthy, unlovable, etc. I can't count how many times over the years a client has said to me "what's a nice girl like you doing in this business" The saddest is when stigmatization is made among peers, which happens far to often.

In the end it doesn't matter what others say or think of you, what stigmas may be created towards what you do, who you see, etc. It only matters how you think of yourself. Many may try and break people by creating stigmas, when they do you just have to become unbreakable-I have:)

• Like 7

I agree with Cristy. It is so insulting when a client tells you that you are "intelligent enough" or a "great girl" to do something else! (not the same question as: "what decided you to do this?" which I always answer with no difficulty, because this is a general question that you could ask to anybody). Although the client at that moment thinks he is being "nice" to you by offering you a "compliment", at this moment, he does not even realize that it speaks a lot about himself: he admits that for him seeing a girl is shameful, and that he has issues with it, but still, he goes and sees a girl because he needs or wants it, whatever the need or the want is... If he did not have biases or stigmas about this industry, he would not think this way. This hypocrisy about a human being's fundamental needs - being touched, being caressed, enjoying sex, or simply enjoying a lady's company without involving sex - seen as something shameful is one of the big lies that society loves to maintain. This is why C-36 is so pernicious, as it mixes judgments, morals and values from one political party to impose it on a whole society. A violent and insulting disaster that helps to create more biases and stigmas.

Another irritant is when potential clients try to negotiate the donations for our time. Negotiating them is a no no, and some people do not realize/understand how insulting this is to discuss this. It is an industry, not a meat market...

• Like 6