I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill

Guest Miss Jane TG

This is a government which seems to be quite adamant about getting the job done. They came up with a bill as they promised in less than 6 months. They seem to be following their timelines very well in accordance with Bedford decision.

So, yes in the ordinary sense a proposed bill is not a law, but given the circumstances I doubt that the final version would be much different. Even if they adopt minor adjustments, the main course (i.e. Nordic model) is coming. It is going to be a reality for a while and adaptation is the only way survive.

One further thing that came to me over the last few hours.

PLEASE engage the potential leaders that are vying to fill the position that Shawn Atleo left as National Chief of the Assembly of First Nations.

This bill completely ignores the outcry of the First Nations in regard to the disappearances and murders of 3000 Aboriginal women. In fact, it further endangers the countless women who may fall or have fallen victim to creatures like Robert Pickton, many of whom were First Nations.

The United Nations is investigating the disappearances and the unheeded call for government action to solve this horrible phenomenon. THIS BILL FURTHER JEOPARDIZES THE PLIGHT OF ABORIGINAL WOMEN.

In an era where the Conservative government values international reputation as highly as it does, it certainly can't afford overt UN condemnation.

More food for thought.

• Like 3

THIS BILL FURTHER JEOPARDIZES THE PLIGHT OF ABORIGINAL WOMEN.

I agree completely with that. Not only aboriginal women but all of the women on the fringes of this business. I can never understand the politicians who hold themselves up to be the protector of certain vulnerable members of our society by creating policies that only drive those most vulnerable farther underground and putting them at greater risk. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, though. Most of these politicians are born with a silver spoon and don't really give a rats ass about the less fortunate, despite their proclamations from on high.

• Like 1

There is nothing we can worry about or try to control until this bill is etched in stone. My prediction is that it will be modified. There will be ways around this. Find your trusted providers and stick to them if you are concerned.

• Like 1

The Cloth has too many rips and tears in it.

It's impossible to make a Suit out of it.

Very true. Those who think there will be major changes to this bill don't know much about how our system works or how the current government conducts itself.

• Like 1

Very true. Those who think there will be major changes to this bill don't know much about how our system works or how the current government conducts itself.

Sad but true. The current government has no respect for experts in any field, be it science, elections, crime or prostitution. Not only do they disregard experts, they ridicule and insult them like childish bullies.

The Tories claim openness and transparency as a core value. They misled everyone.

I have tried writing my MP on this and other subjects, the only response he has are standard party platforms. Worse yet, I am now on the Tory mailing list and get "Dear Supporter" letters asking for donations to the PC party.

Might as well argue with a lamp post.

The people that can also affect change is the Senate. The can recommend changes and stall a bill. The senators say a few are original Conservatives and Liberals. Contact them as well Not the Reformacons as is in power now. The fight now should not be about prostitution, but about human rights, dignity, safety.

• Like 2

The people that can also affect change is the Senate. The can recommend changes and stall a bill. The senators say a few are original Conservatives and Liberals. Contact them as well Not the Reformacons as is in power now. The fight now should not be about prostitution, but about human rights, dignity, safety.

While I agree that this fight should include all avenues even our illustrious senate I would not hold my breath waiting for them to wade to deeply into this....they don't exactly have a track record of going against the government.

Just my opinion