I recieved this message from a general member, I have never contacted before

"Could you send contact information

loju "

I find this kind of message very intrusive to someone I have never talked to before.

It makes me feel like my viewing on this board is being tracked as I go to view oher links or SP's web sites.

Things like this would make me stop going to an SP's web site, and if I found I was being tracked , I would have to file a law suit.

I have already been tracked on this web site before and for a false reason and accussation.

loju "

I find this kind of message very intrusive to someone I have never talked to before.

It makes me feel like my viewing on this board is being tracked as I go to view oher links or SP's web sites.

Things like this would make me stop going to an SP's web site, and if I found I was being tracked , I would have to file a law suit.

I have already been tracked on this web site before and for a false reason and accussation.

If the blue highlighted quote was the entire message, I don't really see the message as intrusive.

Just a member asking for some information.

If the message makes you uncomfortable you can simply report it to the Mod.

• Like 1

loju "

If she makes you uncomfortable just tell her were to go! If she is not established like some of our lovely CERBY's, and she has no info on the site, why should you give up your personal information?

Apex

Is this an SP or a hobbyiest who is contacted you.

Not sure why they'd be asking for your contact information - did they elaborate why.

I agree that if you find it intrusive, report it to the MOD.

If the blue highlighted quote was the entire message, I don't really see the message as intrusive.

Just a member asking for some information.

If the message makes you uncomfortable you can simply report it to the Mod.

In my opinioon the message you highlighted is as if someone wants your information for the wrong reason.

It as if they want intel on you to use against you.

I am highly offended by it, because it does not say why they want the info.

You have no idea who is sending the message and if you can't see why its harmful can I have your home phone # so I can rob your place.. by using the reverse telephone directry.

Is this an SP or a hobbyiest who is contacted you.

Not sure why they'd be asking for your contact information - did they elaborate why.

I agree that if you find it intrusive, report it to the MOD.

It is a hobbiest and a male person.

I for one do not...and I do it politely...pass out information to people unless they hve contributed to the board.......

As most of you know I have a problem with "lurkers"...so when asked for info I politely tell them to get on the board...let people know you, then once you have some reputation you will be given information more freely....

and it it all polite....which is difficult for me...........

There is the option to add any user to your ignore list if you do not want to accept any pm or see posts from that person. I agree with letting mod know if anyone harrasses you or leaves offensive comments. Btw what is loju? Getting better at decifering but this one has me stumped:bowdown:.

You can also let this person know your displeasure in their message. His intent may not have been to offend you but it obviously did.

Did you just assume he was asking for your info? Think your being very paranoid...

To me this PM is asking you to send "Contact info" for a lady you posted about.

He is a new member so he obviously does not know how the site works yet. I think he thought that when he asked you this you would somehow know what post he was PMing you about. I suspect that you most likely posted some info about a lady and said PM me for more info or something along those lines.

Try replying back to him and asking him what contact info he was asking for as he failed to mention any details in the PM.

Your assuming he is asking for info about you.

AND YES, In your control panel you have a "Ignore List" http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/profile.php?do=ignorelist

• Like 1

Good to hear. I say.. Don't always assume the worst... it's not good for your soul ;) your going to give yourself an ulcer !!

Good to hear. I say.. Don't always assume the worst... it's not good for your soul ;) your going to give yourself an ulcer !!

I guess it threw me off that he was a general member since 2007, but I checked how many post he's had since then, 10.

But sorry it still comes off as creepy.

As far as I am concerned, any unsolicited PMs are Spam.

Short PMs such as the example posted in this thread says a lot about the immaturity of the PMer - seriously. No one knows how to write a proper letter anymore? All stupified from too much texting?

• Like 1

My dad has said that:lol: But true!

As far as I am concerned, any unsolicited PMs are Spam.

Short PMs such as the example posted in this thread says a lot about the immaturity of the PMer - seriously. No one knows how to write a proper letter anymore? All stupified from too much texting?

I do agree with you on that one. Maybe not the spam part but the rest for sure.... That is a pet peeve of mine as well (AND I GET LOTS OF THOSE!!!)

sorry for this but I;ll ive you an example how word meanings change

my co-worker describes butch as a straight person who dresses like a man

butch when I was growing up in the 70's meant a the female partner who acted as the male dominant partner in a lesbian couple.

Tomboy was a straight female who enjoyed sports an acted male but preferred men as a partner.

Now with rap music, more meanings to words have changed and the gneration gap has spread

When I first saw the heading in the list I thought it was "Intruisive Massage" and I was all over it lol

Just an example of how one person says ont thing and another person jumps all over it.

Anyone who thinks they understand someone from a few pm's is not playing with a full deck. Even reading 100+ posts from someone does not give you the full story.

• Like 1

So sorry E.D. I sent to you in error.

I am really surprised this has blown-up into a full post. Like I mean really, if you found the message instrutive simply delete and block the sender.

Hate to think what would happen if you were really being stalked!

So sorry E.D. I sent to you in error.

I am really surprised this has blown-up into a full post. Like I mean really, if you found the message instrutive simply delete and block the sender.

Hate to think what would happen if you were really being stalked!

I accept your apology Jack, but I tried t keep your name out of it and what does "loju" mean

loju is an SP term mre frequently used in the US.

So are you saying louju means "SP"?

I have NEVER heard that. The slang term Loju is a level of drunkeness/intoxication - almost passed out drunk (in a state of "loju").