OH....oh....my cat is in heat......

She is adorable and seeing her rubbing around everything is painful.....my little darling is a rescued Kittie and she has an appointment for ther neutering on July.....what can I do?

Does anyone know about this???

I love er, she sleeps with me every night and is so cuddle y, so warm, so affectionate....she is less than 8 months old, and today sne was rolling on the area tugs and making this funny noises....

let me know if you have had a cat in heat....I am puzzled....

Love to all, as always

Tracie G.:oops:

She is adorable and seeing her rubbing around everything is painful.....my little darling is a rescued Kittie and she has an appointment for ther neutering on July.....what can I do?

I love er, she sleeps with me every night and is so cuddle y, so warm, so affectionate....she is less than 8 months old, and today sne was rolling on the area tugs and making this funny noises....

Love to all, as always

Tracie G.:oops:[/QUOte] i would get her in asap i believe the min for spaying is 6months! Call around to various vets and see what they say

Posted via Mobile Device

Hi! Had my cat (a she, adorable too, very affectionate) spayed at a little over 6 months. It is the minimum. I did not want her to miow and roll around especially at night. I had her declawed at the same time as she is an inside cat (less stress on a cat as it is one anesthesia).

She is till affectionate minus the noise and inconvenience of being in heat.

Call around, youll feel better and in the long run so will your cat if she stays inside.....

I wish girls went into heat in that way....I'd love to see my favourite girl rolling around on the carpet making noises just waiting for it! Meoww!! Grrrrrr.... :69:

Yes, months is the minimum.....

Have a cute kitten, first time she went into heat, watched her rub everything, and purring and meowing...then she got so loud late at nights that i made a bee line to the vets....

She was a little worse for wear for a few days, but all is well and she has forgiven us now....lol

I checked with my cat people and they agree to get her spayed as soon as you can - if not, you better make sure she doesn't get out the door when she's in heat or one of those horny Tom Cats (you may actually hear) roaming around will be sure to get her.

I got 3 cats. Gin and Tonic I adopted at 5 months old from the cat rescue they came netuered and spayed. but my third one Indigo I got him at 8 weeks old. so right at 5 months I got him neteured/spayed.

Even now I think they go into some affection mode. my girl cat who is generally a very anti-social she is rubbing herself on me all the time now.

Basically give her the attention she needds, make sure she does not get outside you do not want kittens. and keep her distracted.

as for my boys they are always looking for love so they know how to ask for their belly rubs.

Now my Gin she is about 2 years old along with her twin brother. and Indigo is now a year old. All my guys have thier claws I do not believe in declawing inside cat or not. I make sure they have plenty of space to play and use thier scratching post.

The most cat furniture you provide for your cats the more they will use them . and also if you get huntng toys for food they will be more active as well.

I wish girls went into heat in that way....I'd love to see my favourite girl rolling around on the carpet making noises just waiting for it! Meoww!! Grrrrrr.... :69:

You're so funny - picture this girls: Capitalman outside your place meowing and scratching at the door to be let in.

Oh where is Pistol Pete when I need a picture?

Once I get in, look out!

cats10.jpg

You're so funny - picture this girls: Capitalman outside your place meowing and scratching at the door to be let in.

Oh where is Pistol Pete when I need a picture?

• Like 1

Love to all, as always

Before my cat was fixed, I also had a long and painful wait. My poor baby, Lexus, was in pain and I was like you looking for an answer until her long awaited appointment. My sister is a vet tech and was working in a cat hospital. She told me that cat nip works quite well. I know it isnt recommended for younger cats but it worked like a charm. I didnt give my Lexus the leaf stuff, I bought it in a spray bottle and just put a little on her post when I saw she was getting antsy. It worked pretty good for me.

She is fixed now and a happy little camper, but she has her days where she wants that little bit of extra love - and I always give it to her, since she is always sure to give me my kisses & love everyday :)

Good luck with your kitty <3

Hugs

- Belle

• Like 1

Before my cat was fixed, I also had a long and painful wait. My poor baby, Lexus, was in pain and I was like you looking for an answer until her long awaited appointment. My sister is a vet tech and was working in a cat hospital. She told me that cat nip works quite well. I know it isnt recommended for younger cats but it worked like a charm. I didnt give my Lexus the leaf stuff, I bought it in a spray bottle and just put a little on her post when I saw she was getting antsy. It worked pretty good for me.

She is fixed now and a happy little camper, but she has her days where she wants that little bit of extra love - and I always give it to her, since she is always sure to give me my kisses & love everyday :)

Good luck with your kitty <3

Hugs

- Belle

I started my indigo on cat nip right when I got him at 8 weeks, now I don't use it as much but there is still some cat nip resdew around their cat stuff. they didn't enjoy the spray they rather the plant stuff

and also the cat grass/wheat grass works wonders they love it and it's natural and helps with thier disgestive system.

I didn't realize it takes so long to get an appointment to get a cat fixed. Or am I missing something here?

I didn't realize it takes so long to get an appointment to get a cat fixed. Or am I missing something here?

it's your vet. mine is never that busy I got my guy in 24 hours. plus they called me to remind he needed to be in after he did all his first year shots.

and I got 3 cats it gets pricey, and 2 of them are due-in for their yearly check up.

Yes Angela, it takes time....the ting is that my neighbors may complain and Capitalman is around....I already had my problems with issues of this sort....I am going to call around and for love to her and understanding about her pain I ave to do something (also for my sanity). Now I tell you the funny ting about this...some of you know my "fat cat"...he is 13 years old, fat and comfortable around food and pillows....he is neutered and never has been around a kitty in heat because I do not let them go out the door. Well, well, yesterday night, he tried to "help" and it was almost funny...he never made it, but he tried is best, ha, ha, ha....I guess I have to fix this sooner than soon!!!

Again, I am so proud of all of you!!!! Thanks for all the answers.....

Many hugs

Tracie

(Capitalman, could you send me that picture at [email protected]????I loved it....thanks brother!!)

Miawwwwww......:mrgreen:

My "cat" person suggested you give these folks a call for faster/cheaper service:

Ottawa's Spay Neuter Clinic

26 Concourse Gate, Unit no 5,

Ottawa Ontario,

(613) 798-8970

Spay Neuter Clinic Hours of Operation:

Monday: 7:30 a.m.- noon, 1:30 - 4 p.m.

Tuesday to Friday: 8:00 a.m.- noon, 1:30 - 4 p.m.

Closed Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays.

The Spay/Neuter Clinic is a City-operated facility which provides dog and cat sterilization services. Spaying or neutering pets reduces the number of unwanted domesticated animals and the cost of animal control.

Okay, first off here I am not a cat person...but I'm curious, what exactly is cat nip and what does it do? Does it make your cat stoned or what?

Okay, first off here I am not a cat person...but I'm curious, what exactly is cat nip and what does it do? Does it make your cat stoned or what?

It varies from cat to cat. some will be calm from it, some are hyper off the wall and mellow. for humans if we boil it into tea it will help put us to sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria

there is some vids on youtube about cats on catnip, but I can't say that is accurate because all 3 of mine act different on it.

I had Mina for over a year before I felt comfortable getting her in to be spayed. Although her necessities had been met in her previous home, I don't think she got much human interaction and was very much not socialized. Frankly, I wanted her to be better about being handled before taking her in.

But we had a hell of a time with her going into heat. At the height of it, sleep was out of the question. I looked around online, and there is a massage you can give your cat to help alleviate a bit of her distress. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BRUISE HER! This has to be done just so. On either side of her tail are little indented areas, just enough to fit the tip of your finger into. If you massage very gently on one side or another, she will probably start making a low growl, then let out a loud meow when she's satisifed. (IKR! I never got paid a cent for providing this service either!!)

Be particularly careful to avoid touching your cat's anus or genitals as you can easily damage them. She may, however, require a gentle wiping with a wet-one or wash cloth a couple times a day.

BTW, Mina went from not liking to be touched at all to demanding multiple massages a day (just regular back rubs, ear rubs, leg rubs, tummy rubs these days). I got swatted last week for stopping before she was ready! As I type this, she is whacking my arm to give her some attention!

Good luck! And believe me, you're going to love having her fixed.

BTW, Mina went from not liking to be touched at all to demanding multiple massages a day (just regular back rubs, ear rubs, leg rubs, tummy rubs these days). I got swatted last week for stopping before she was ready! As I type this, she is whacking my arm to give her some attention!

Geez with a deal like that, I'd be wanting them too! When I die, I want to come back as one of your pets, Christine!

Thanks for the link, very interesting!

Is there such a substance for women I wonder? :cooter:

It varies from cat to cat. some will be calm from it, some are hyper off the wall and mellow. for humans if we boil it into tea it will help put us to sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria

there is some vids on youtube about cats on catnip, but I can't say that is accurate because all 3 of mine act different on it.

Additional Comments:

Gross!! Now THAT is why I'm not a cat person!

Be particularly careful to avoid touching your cat's anus or genitals as you can easily damage them. She may, however, require a gentle wiping with a wet-one or wash cloth a couple times a day.

Additional Comments:

Gross!! Now THAT is why I'm not a cat person!

A word of advice: don't have kids.

(... or actually, even a spouse. Living with other humans can get particularly messy. ;) )

Love to all, as always

I have a horny orange tabby tomcat over here at my house if your cat needs to get laid. LMAO!! He is the one in my avatar on the right. He was also a stray kitten and has an appt next week to be neuteured. It took me a long time to get an appt with the Spay and Neuter Clinic but is less expensive than the vet. My other 2 cats had their surgery there back in 97' without any complications.

My cat got out of the house a few weeks ago and there was a huge cat fight that went on for a half hour. I think my cat was fighting off some other male cat so he could court some female.lol. Nothing is worse than the sounds of them fighting. Just be sure your cat doesn't escape if you live in a house.

For a quick fix, try some catnip. i know this sounds odd but it does work. I grew up with 50-60 kittens since I was 6 years old and this always seemed to do the trick when a cat was in heat.

• Like 1

Although not as cheap as the Spay & Neuter Clinic, taking your pet to a rural or small town vet will usually cut your vet bill in half, roughly. And often we like the care better. Many of the veterinary clinics in town seem more into getting you on a regular schedule for vet visits and doing every test they can think of on them, which is probably great for their bottom line, but maybe not necessary for or in the best interests of the health of your pet. The small town/rural vets seem less predatory.