Question for touring ladies

Would it be rude or impolite when someone new is visiting your town and they mention their hotel choice and you know it's somewhat low class to tell them so ? I know as a travelling businessman I'd like to know if my choice was a poor one. In this case I asked if they had stayed there previously and were familiar with the hotel or not and didn't get a reply, in a second email I mentioned she is a ten potentially staying in a two star at best that most like me would not have a " reason " to be seen in or around. It may be that she cannot change or is travelling and has not been able to check her mail or maybe I offended her I,m not sure. The one thing I am sure about is that there are substantially better choices for the same or similar price - so speak up or shut up ?

• Like 1

It is easy to misjudge hotels especially if all you have for reference is Expedia. I was in a hotel last night that sucked but had a good rating.

Don't always blame the girl either, some agencies are penny pinchers and there is nothing she can do about it.

• Like 1

I think you were helpful not offensive. Only thing you could have added is some suggestions of some hotels she may find more comfortable. I know one sp told me she always uses in holiday inns as they are fairly consistent value for dollar and have a good rewards program. I don't travel alot but from what I have I agree with that. I have ended up in some awful places trying to save money. the pictures looked way better on the internet. don't mean to turn this into a hotel review board. Lol

• Like 1

Bottom line, don't try to save money on hotels. Go with well respected names that you can count on no matter what. Choose one or two , become members there are they will never let you down .

As a lady that travels I want my hotel to reflect part of who I am and the sort of experience we are going to have.

Walking in to a small room that is dingy is a huge turn off and will not attract the type of gentlemen I wish to visit with.

• Like 6

She was very very thankful as a potential client had made the suggestion to stay there and she was totally unfamiliar with local "business friendly choices " . I did provide more suitable options which she took advantage of and she was able to change early enough not to lose a deposit. the original place is 40 years old rents by the week and month-well you get the picture !

• Like 3