Has anything like this ever happend to any of you?

Thanks all – for your opinions and input. I have decided to take the original post down. She contacted me and was upset about this post. Now I feel bad about this. Why? Well, because I didnt want anyone to get upset, feel bad or hurt feelings. It is what it is I guess. I dont like causing trouble and I meant no hard feelings about this. I am, as everyone else in life, still learning and growing as a human.

This is not what I wanted to do. The main reason I did this, was because I am not the most experienced at this hobby and, well, just to see if I was totally out to lunch with my thoughts or just to see if anyone had similar experiences during their hobby career.

It was not my intention, and I don’t think I was, in the original post, to be mean, rude or to hurt feelings or even slam her. After all I didn’t even say who this person is. I meant no ill will towards her or anything like that. Total curiosity to see what others thought.

I suppose I will move on from this, and she has promised to donate my donation to CHEO so at least some good comes of this.

For the person that this happened with, I hope you take care and I wish you all the best. Sorry that this has happened this way, and sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was just laying out the information and just wanted to know what others may have done. Again, I was not meaning to be insulting or rude or mean. If it came across to that way..well, sorry. Unfortunate that this has happened the way it has.

Thank you to all the Cerbites that shared their thoughts here.

It is nice to know that Im not completely insane lol. Anyways…

Edited by spaceykca
because i didnt mean to hurt anyones feelings...

Omg...poor you :(. What makes your post especially sad (not in a bad way!) is that you are so NICE about it! Since I don't know the SP concerned, I can't really say whether or not you were played, per se. There are a number of reasons why she might be this way. For example she could just be really bad at time management or she could have a substance abuse problem causing her to forget or oversleep. Regardless of the reason, it was really wrong and inconsiderate of her to give you the run around, no matter how "apologetic" she was about it. We ladies complain about no-shows and time wasters, but you guys don't always have it easy either. I honestly want to give you a great big hug right now! You seem like such a nice guy :).

As for advice on how to proceed, well...I'm not really sure. She seems like a lost cause. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Ah well, cest la vie?anyway ? would love any opinions and such?

Wow dude that sounds similar to a few situations i've been thru.

keep this quote in your head for the next time it happens : "If someone offers you a pre-paid session as an apology, just take your loss and move on..."

Making a classy exit is better than feeling like a dope for falling for the same thing over and over again. good luck.

That was quite the ordeal, and I must say after your 1st encounter with her, I would of left too. So don't worry about your mind,emotions running wild anyone would of felt paranoid.

I would of left too, just like you,but I would of insisted of part of donation back and if fact gone back for it that day.

Sorry but the norm with myself is that 2 strikes she is out, therefore I guess I would of swallowed the loss of the donation.

Now you ask at the bottom "Shall I even bother to keep trying?"

Something tells me that you are possibly very intrigued by her, and would like to see her? Ask yourself, do you really want too? Or is it a monetary issue where you need to fulfill your loss?

If you are keen send her a message and see what kind of response you get, or ask for your cash back and see what she has to say as well.

I completely feel for you situation. and much as "life happens" on our side, many gals definitely offer the promise to make it up to the gent...and follow through.

I will be amazingly honest here...on the flipside i have had 6 same-day cancellations before last night...and two last night being the bulk. personally i find it disrespectful to cancel less that 24 hours in advance. i almways ask for a client to donate a small fee for a cancellation fee should he really feel remorse about cutting off a meeting. Many gentlemen have abidided sendinga $50 or so EMT to my email in remorse....the ones who were ready to book a 2-hour apt yet felt they weren't feeling well an hour before the call yet didnt't respond to the cancellation fee request......i will most likely not hear from them again.

I had a morning client yesterday that cancelled (after making a confirmed date the night before) this morning say 'I just scheduled myself for too many meetings this morning...so I'm sorry i wont be able to fit you in after all"

this client has made my telephone blacklist without even knowing so. I'd rather keep it that way.

Very much the same I wonder about a girl who chooses to accept another gent and keep another waiting when she should be makig her appointment up to the initial gent...after reading your story i wonder if the gal in question was even expecting to actually hear from you again? I'm very sorry you had to play the waiting game...but i would not have done so myself, and rather implimented that if you had played her "waiting game" and were now subject to favouratism, that it wasn't fair and that you would not be promoting her business any furthur to anyone who asked....mainly to give the gentle notion that if she took her job seriously, she would treat her clients with more respect.

emails amd phonecalls can be sent on both ends but if you are emailing mainly with a lady it is best if you find her working number and try to contact her on that basis...as many ladies will not always be at their computers on their off time. however if you have agreed on a certain time and she is not responding or bothering to check her work-messages or answer her phone, i would waive this girl off and know that there are many other gals out there that take their jobs seriously enough not to sent such a horrible first, second and third (etc...) impression of themselves in this industry.

you are not an idiot....but I would have not given her so many chances...in the end, she treated your appointment in question as a back-burner-date for some reason and chose to see other clients before you...this is WRONG WRONG WRONG. A learning experience for you but still wrong on her end to take advantage. I wish you happy hunting from this point on and I hope this experience does not spoil you from encounters in the future.

:-)

I have been your shoes before (figure of speech) and have been burned like you in the past. I understand she is a reputable sp but this is unacceptable to cancel on the same client 3 times in a row and never with a real valuable reason (3 times).

I understand what you went through but for some reason I would have taken the donation back after she offered it to you and might have even rescheduled with her and the third time this would have happened I would have taken that money and seen another lady. Case closed.

Good luck spaceykca.

This time, I am running a little late because of traffic, so I text her to let her know that I may be 10-15 minutes late. I get there 15 min late as I thought?I ring the bell. I hear her yell ?come in!?, I wait a moment, cause that?s not what im generally used to? she yells it again? so I open the door. She laughs and says??oh my god, Im sorry!? I thought you were someone else?.

Am I lead to believe that she was expecting someone by while being on the call with you ?

IMHO This breaks the informal confidentiality agreement that exists between the two of you and would be a huge deciding factor for me.

spaceykca... Hmm... Okay, well, I guess I'll just say it... In my not-so-humble-opinion you should just move on.

None of what she's put you through is acceptable. Ya, ya, things comes up sure... blah, blah, blah... whatever.

I don't know about everybody else, but in my business when "things-come-up" and I miss appointments and deadlines or start screwing up projects for no professionally acceptable reason I lose clients.

You are far too kind spaceykca. I truly believe the world would be a much better place with more people like you in it - BUT it's not, because there aren't... It's very unfair for that lady to treat you like that, but you are being unfair to yourself by letting her do it. Most others out there aren't like you, and you would do well to keep this in mind I think.

I'm not suggesting you need to be a jerk, I'm suggesting that you don't allow others to be jerks to you.

I think it's really too bad you left her the donation. I hope that if something like this happens to you again you first: DO NOT leave the donation; and second: don't let it go on for so long.

You sir, sound like a really good person - I don't believe that you deserve to be treated in this manner.

• Like 1

Sorry man but in my view..eat it, move on and learn from the experience. It illustrates that as important as screening is to providers it's equally important for clients. This would has never happened to me, albeit I'm a very part time playa.

I have a carefull screening process that I use and it's pretty subtle and most likley have no idea I have one. It does mean I see very few providers.

We come and leave this world with very few things and one of them is our word. If I give it, I mean it. If I say I'll be there then I'll be there and I expect the same consideration. If for some reason I were to cancell inside of 24 hours which has never happened by the way, then I feel I'm obligated to pay an agreed upon cancellation fee that might be half of the agreed upon rate and perhaps all of the fee. It's about a losing out of a revenue opportunity for the provider if I commit and then not follow through which isn't fair. Just like a restuarant if I reserve and can't make it, I'm going to give them plenty of notice so they don't loose a revenue opportunity.

We should be working together to raise the standards of both clients and providers.

Peace

Mr Green

Chalk it up to an unfortunate loss...move on! This, or should I say these, situation is totally unacceptable. There are no valid excuses for that many f**k ups!

Live, love, learn and life goes on. Consider it Her Loss.

In general, in the business world - 3 cancellations can be seen as unprofessional 'bad faith'. IMO: Becomes buyer beware afterwards if the client wants to expose their assets to such a level of risk when precedent has shown little to no return on ones investments. Whether financial compensation (or otherwise) can be negotiated in returning the venture to profitability, is something one has to explore if only deemed probable, being there any cost-benefit left to the endeavour at all.

Good Luck! (...and don't get caught with your portfolio down again ;) )

Live, love, learn and life goes on. Consider it Her Loss.

In general, in the business world - 3 cancellations can be seen as unprofessional 'bad faith'. IMO: Becomes buyer beware afterwards if the client wants to expose their assets to such a level of risk when precedent has shown little to no return on ones investments. Whether financial compensation (or otherwise) can be negotiated in returning the venture to profitability, is something one has to explore if only deemed probable, being there any cost-benefit left to the endeavour at all.

Good Luck! (...and don't get caught with your portfolio down again ;) )

"Shthpns!"

What does that mean? I feel like im missing a joke lol

Again - thanks all for your comments and insights.

Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

"Shthpns!"

What does that mean? I feel like im missing a joke lol

Again - thanks all for your comments and insights.

Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

Shthpns = shit happens (without the vowels)

Shthpns = shit happens (without the vowels)

AHHHHH... now i feel silly... lol... I that it was an acronym of something so was wracking my brain trying to piece it together... Thanks Miss Ava!!

AHHHHH... now i feel silly... lol... I that it was an acronym of something so was wracking my brain trying to piece it together... Thanks Miss Ava!!

My pleasure :)...and trust me, there's no need to feel silly!