car vandalism @ a spa

Hey guys, I have a sensitive issue right now. I went to a SPA this afternoon and when I left I noticed someone keyed the entire door of my car. I really want to nail the guy who did, but I am hesitant about filing a police report. Does anyone have advice on this matter., should I worry about being honest in where I was?

Thanks

to be honest do you know for sure it was a guy....just saying... but if you know it was a guy then i would call the police or go park it somewhere else then report it

to be honest do you know for sure it was a guy....just saying... but if you know it was a guy then i would call the police or go park it somewhere else then report it

I have a feeling it was the person who was parked beside me, because when I left the car was gone and the scratch was there. I'm just worried if I have to go into detail that I went to a massage parlour...

best thing to do is go park it at a mall then call

So yeah, I went home and filed a police report. Didn't have to mention anything about what I was doing and such

Guest S*rca****sid

I'm not sure what the difference would be if it was a man or a woman?... just saying...

I don't see the problem with reporting that you were parked in front. There are many businesses in the same building. I'm always getting batteries from the place around the corner.

I'm not sure what the difference would be if it was a man or a woman?... just saying...

I don't see the problem with reporting that you were parked in front. There are many businesses in the same building. I'm always getting batteries from the place around the corner.

Yeah, I went ahead and filed a report. Also, I wasn't claiming that a man did it in my OP, I understand it could've been anybody

I think it's highly inappropriate to post this on cerb. For one thing, how do you know for sure it happened there, and second of all, even if it did, who's to say it had anything to do with you being at ******? It's a shared parking lot open to anyone walking or driving by.

I do not think this thread follows the spirit of the board ("if you do not have anything nice to say", you shouldn't say anything at all").

I think it goes without saying that if you plan to claim this damage on your insurance, you need a police report, but as far as catching the culprits, highly unlikely.

• Like 4

I think it's highly inappropriate to post this on cerb. For one thing, how do you know for sure it happened there, and second of all, even if it did, who's to say it had anything to do with you being at *****? It's a shared parking lot open to anyone walking or driving by.

I do not think this thread follows the spirit of the board ("if you do not have anything nice to say", you shouldn't say anything at all").

I think it goes without saying that if you plan to claim this damage on your insurance, you need a police report, but as far as catching the culprits, highly unlikely.

I should have been more clear in my OP ... I am not looking to place blame on *****. All I'm saying is I want to report the vandalism, which I am certain occurred at that parking lot, but I was worried that I needed to be specific regarding my activities there.

I came here to ask like-minded people (in the discussion forum of all places) how to go about the situation. Instead, I'm being unnecessarily judged on my choice of words.

• Like 6

Guest *l**e

everybody calm down...lol...just a little misunderstanding here.

The OP was not saying that the damage had anything to do with being at the location mentioned. He was asking for advice regarding whether or not the cops would ask about his activities at the time of the crime (which he wants to keep hush hush)...no harm no foul...however, he could have stated "I was at a MP/Spa location" instead of naming the specific spa perhaps to make it less "personal" to the spa named.

The lady who was correcting the OP, I think misunderstood the OP's intent and was simply trying to maintain the spirit of the board...not judging the OP...

everybody simmer down now!! lol

Guest S*rca****sid
everybody calm down...lol...just a little misunderstanding here.

The OP was not saying that the damage had anything to do with being at the location mentioned. He was asking for advice regarding whether or not the cops would ask about his activities at the time of the crime (which he wants to keep hush hush)...no harm no foul...however, he could have stated "I was at a MP/Spa location" instead of naming the specific spa perhaps to make it less "personal" to the spa named.

The lady who was correcting the OP, I think misunderstood the OP's intent and was simply trying to maintain the spirit of the board...not judging the OP...

everybody simmer down now!! lol

I have to agree with you Il Re, I didn't think or feel the OP was making any insinuations towards any particular business.

I don't think anyone would have thought twice if the post had started off with: "I was parked in front of Walmart when..."

I have to agree with you Il Re, I didn't think or feel the OP was making any insinuations towards any particular business.

I don't think anyone would have thought twice if the post had started off with: "I was parked in front of Walmart when..."

Whether the OP was making any insinuation towards the spa or not, the thread title is not flattering.

And Wal-Mart are not advertisers here.

I was visiting a s Spa/Ma would have sufficed I think.

• Like 3

I removed the name of the spa from this thread as the spa name is irrelevant and this is probably a ONE TIME issue and no need to scare anyone from going to this particular spa in fear this would happen to them (it would just hurt the spa's business)

• Like 7

I removed the name of the spa from this thread as the spa name is irrelevant and this is probably a ONE TIME issue and no need to scare anyone from going to this particular spa in fear this would happen to them (it would just hurt the spa's business)

Perfect solution, no need to mention any specific spa at all. And the meaning of the original message becomes even more clear then.

• Like 2

I suppose this is resolved, but isn't the police report simply going to be asking the address of where the incident occurred, not what you were doing when you were parked in a parking lot at the address of the incident?

if you park your car to go do something, it rarely has any relevance at all regarding filing an accident insurance claim because your car gets dinged while you are away from it.