Guest S******s*m
Whatever you charge there are guys who will think you are either very reasonable or very expensive depending on their perspective. In other words you can't appeal to everyone. As an individual contractor you can decide how much you are willing to work for and stick with it as long as the market will bear. The economy is getting tough on all of us..

Carrie, good thinking.

So many factors to determine the value of an encounter, I believe you touched on what many do not clearly see unless they dig a little deeper in their specific market. Visiting hobbyists do not see what you see so questions may arise.

It is well known that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my opinion, so is value provided by SP's. Many of us, I would argue, determine value based on a comparison of services previously enjoyed. There are models out there (Kano Model) on how value from a customer view point is measured - there are basic needs, performance and exciters.

It is reasonnable to think that someone, when requesting details on rates may be trying to understand the "base" for which companionship is sought - spending high $$$ has its risks to be delighted :cool: or disappointed :sad: (if you don't hear positive comments, chances are the encounter may have met basic needs but did not meet expectations). High reputation SP's , while able to demand higher rates, also put themselves in a position where performance is expected from their customers.

Soooo, SP's who are able to delight their customers (provide exciters - unexpected and very much appreciated extra services) tend to receive more repeat clientele than the ones providing the very basics. Elementary dear Watson :rolleyes:

Many hobbyists have provided their feedback on what they like to bring on an encounter (clean shaven, freshly showered, etc...) and based on the feedback of a few SP's, looks like these elements are at the very least a performance enhancing opportunity (YMMV) - so gents, the Kano model works both ways! That's my nickel...

Being very new on here, but not new to the business, I have had a lot of trouble with setting rates.

Obviously the more involved the circumstance and longer the 'date', perhaps there should be a difference in structure of 'price'.

I have had requests (not here, but on other sites)where once a man has given me his request of what he is looking for ( I do ask for details on what they are looking for, to make sure that it is a service that I provide)only to be told things like, "if I wanted to pay that much for sex, I would have gotten married", or something similar to it.

What a lot of men don't realize, I found, is that we are providing a service to them. We pay complete attention to them for the time period that we are with them. We take everything into consideration when meeting them whether it be for the first time or another date.

I try to set my rates to take into consideration that if I want a high end client, I have to have high end lingerie, immaculate grooming, appropriate clothing and shoes, and have fabulous dental work.

I have had requests for so called 'full service' but can I do it for $45 for an hour! I politely decline. I am never rude, just polite at all times.

What some men have to realize is that we provide a service for them, they are expecting more than what the wife/gf/SO gives to them, and we do it without question or headaches. They want the all encompassing beauty queen look, without taking into consideration what our costs are to maintain this.

I had a guy just today tell me that he refused to introduce himself to me when I showed up in the location, as I didn't look like my pictures from the ad I had running...... I am naked from the back in one picture and seductive in high end lingerie in the other picture!

He actually wanted me to show up in a very public hotel lobby looking EXACTLY like the picture!

I was dressed appropriately according to the instructions he sent me, but I waited for an hour and then went home, I got an email from him stating he saw me and that I didn't look like the pictures!

There is no way that I would ever go see a client in a public place dressed just in my lingerie, or naked!

I wasted three hours of my time, and dissapointed another regular client, as I couldn't provide the regular client with a time today. (and of course I called the regular client and apologized to him, he rescheduled)

I would never think of turning up to a client without being freshly showered, having my hair done, nails in great shape, makeup appropriate for the time of day/event, appropriate clothing for the venue/occasion, teeth brushed/flossed, fresh breath, waxed to perfection, and a light scent and a smile on my face.

Why is is so hard for these guys to realize that we spend time getting ready for them and that costs money?

I would like to have some feedback as to what anyone thinks is appropriate rates for what we do? I carry 1.5hr, 2hour, 3 hour, 6hour, twelve hour and overnight rates.

There are not many of us in Fredericton, and I think that competition is a good thing, as not all SP's will provide the same experience as another SP.

The clients I do have love the effort that I put into making myself look good for them, and it shows in what they give me in return, but how do I set rates properly?

Guest W***ledi*Time
... I have had a lot of trouble with setting rates ...

I would like to have some feedback as to what anyone thinks is appropriate rates for what we do? ....

I think that the short answer to finding an appropriate personal rate level is via the market-feedback loop.

Sure' date=' there's any number of factors that ultimately affect the prices you'll want to charge or will be able to charge, and it's fun to debate the various components and [b']theoretical[/b] considerations ... your costs, your looks, your sexual/interpersonal skillset in all it nuances, your ability to craft an enticing marketing image, your wardrobe, the economic strength of the local economy, the number of providers vs number of potential clients in the local market, what other ladies in the area charge, blah blah blah ...

But, all that aside. Simple practical considerations:

Individual guys telling you that your price is too high is irrelevant no matter how you look at it - your pricing structure is there to screen those guys out! Guys who don't "get it" - those who don't properly value or appreciate the privilege that you're offering to them - are guys that you don't want in the first place. If you are targeting the "high end client" (your words), then market yourself that way - and higher pricing will be part of that strategy.

You already know the least you're willing to charge for your time and services - that's entirely based on your own personal considerations. Keeping this in mind ...

Enter the market-feedback loop:

1) Set an initial price, perhaps based on what "comparable" ladies in your market seem to be charging for "comparable" services, or on any other consideration you choose.

2a) Do you get serious inquiries from
fewer
suitable clients than you were looking for? Then
lower
your price - but
never
lower than the least you're comfortable and happy with!

2b) Do you get
more
serious requests from suitable clients than you were looking for? Then
increase
your price! (Keep in mind that when you're a provider new-to-the-market, you'll tend to get a higher number of inquiries in the short term; this will be balanced somewhat in the longer term by the business from repeat or regular clients.)

3) Repeat this price-adjustment feedback-loop as required.

If you prefer longer appointments, then of course one strategy to consider is to reduce your rate for additional hours; many ladies do this. The same applies to particular services; if there is a particular type of service that you prefer, then consider providing a lower price to attract more clients to the service that you yourself prefer to provide. But also it is appropriate to charge more for services that require greater preparation, either in time or planning effort (greek, fantasy role-playing, etc etc.).

In the end the person that has to be satisfied with your pricing is you!

My two cents for what it's worth, the lady charges what she believes her time and companionship is worth. She knows best what her time and companionship is worth, no one else does.

I assume some of it is local market (ie certain cities have a certain average rate), if the lady is a touring lady then she probably factors touring expenses into her rate (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, some ladies may prefer to see very few clients, but charge a higher rate with longer time stipulated (ie minimum two hours), where as some others cater to the 30 minute to 1 hour crowd and may do volume business

As for me, what is most important in seeing a lady, first and foremost is her attitude. And by that, I mean personality, sense of humour, intelligence (no, I'm not looking for a rocket scientist LOL) but someone you can have a conversation with. Looks and services come into play, but everyone has there own opinion of what and who is attractive. Services, well depends on what you want out of an encounter, and what a lady offers, again subjective.

Age, I don't think that really factors in as much as one would think (I may be wrong) but I know of three great ladies that are 40+, each one (well one I already have) I would see again.

A long winded rambling

But whatever a lady decides to charge, and how to run her business is completely up to her

RG

I feel that firstly, we all deserve more than we get,Halifax especially has a very wide range of rates from 80/hour-to 300 hour.As it was said back in the eighties it was 120 an hour so in 2011 I think it is fair to charge 200 plus per hour.We do have to keep up with the cost of living after all.Also that said, if the sp is doing incall the quality of her location,quality of service and her appearence all play into it.Personally I think it makes sense to ask for more for an incall appt,{however I don't} after all you are providing a "free" place for the hobbyist to relax,shower,and play!That usually saves them at least a 100$ or more!I enjoy entertaining,love men,but it is not easy to do this .A serious sp will put alot of time, energy and money into her dress and appearence and business: manicures,pedicures,hairstyles,tanning,exercise,buying different outfits,lingerie,heels,toys,oils and creams,computer equipment,advertising,ect.All these things play into what a professional sp charges.I don't think a lot of men realize this and alot think a role in the hay should only cost them 100 bucks,realistically what price can one put on sharing your body,mind and spirit with a stranger!!

Edited by cr**tyc***es
misspelling

There have been some practical suggestions about price finding from people with market knowledge, but from a client/purchaser perspective the view involves some perception of value.

I have to say, I look at price last of all when viewing a lady's details. I tend to look at the bio and then browse services and albums, settling upon rates last of all. I pause when I see rates that are significantly outside the range I expect: if much lower, I wonder why and if much higher I wonder about the "Ferrari effect".

There have been some observations on low fees, but I would be intrigued on the ladies' views of those quoting $500+/h.

Am I missing something really obvious? (I don't buy or sell directly for a living)

CB

Thank you everyone for the feedback, it certainly has become a valued source of information.

I took into consideration what everyone has said and I took another look at my advertisements that are out there.

After reading the feedback, I revamped my ads to reflect a 'more quality' aspect of myself ( not that it wasn't quality to begin with, but this just made sens to do).

Taking into consideration the 'cost of doing business' and the fact that I do save clients around $100, as i do provide incalls in a very clean and desirable place, I decided to re-do the ads in order to attract a higher-end client, it worked!

Not only have the responses to my ads been fair and just, I seem to have all but eliminated the so-called 'just want casual sex' person that has no idea what goes into being prepared for a client.

I have been doing this for almost 10 years and usually adjust my fees according to demand and location.

I do consider myself high-end and give clients what they want, so I have adjusted my fees accordingly.

So, I thank every one for the feedback, it was well worth posting!

There have been some observations on low fees, but I would be intrigued on the ladies' views of those quoting $500+/h.

Am I missing something really obvious? (I don't buy or sell directly for a living)

CB

5 years ago when i was solely based in Toronto and only wanted to work on occasion, my donations were $450/hr(daytime) & $600/hr(evenings & outcalls). I visited part time and had no issue getting bookings, and if I had wished to entertain full time I am sure that it would not have been an issue.

Companions will charge a donation that they feel they are worth and one that the market(bad term) will support. What may be out of reach for one is not so the case for another.

Some may not understand why someone would drop $500+ an hour on company, but that is ones personal choice, one that others have no right to criticize judge or bitch about.

Good company comes in all shapes, sizes and donations, when you find what works for you, make the most of it.

• Like 7

I hope I wasn't misunderstood: I wasn't complaining, merely seeking enlightenment. I'm still a relative newbie here.

The "market" (economic sense) appears to work in a fashion analogous to the volume and margin/price calculations in retail. Revenue = volume x price.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question - a failing of mine I have been told. Maybe I should have been interested in the customer view: Is price a good proxy measure for "quality" of company once it is above the "usual range"?

CB

I hope I wasn't misunderstood: I wasn't complaining, merely seeking enlightenment. I'm still a relative newbie here.

The "market" (economic sense) appears to work in a fashion analogous to the volume and margin/price calculations in retail. Revenue = volume x price.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question - a failing of mine I have been told. Maybe I should have been interested in the customer view: Is price a good proxy measure for "quality" of company once it is above the "usual range"?

CB

The first question I would ask, what is the "usual range" and what is above it

I and many others can cite ladies whose compensation for their time and companionship can be on average $200/hr to ladies who charge based on minimums of 2 hour encounters, $900, and even more

A good proxy measure of quality of company, IMHO, is reading recommendations of gentlemen who have seen certain ladies, and determine, based on that whether you would like to meet the lady for an encounter. Just for example, seeing as your reply is in response to Emily's post, I'm pretty sure the two guys (well one for sure;)) who gave Emily rep points have nothing but great things to say about her. And it wasn't the price that decided how great her company is. Likewise there are great ladies that charge in the $200.00 hr range for their time. And they provide great companionship.

What should be the deciding factor for you in seeing a lady, IMO, is if there is a lady you are interested in seeing, then see her. If her rate is a little outside your budget, then save for a few months, and then see her. I know for myself, it isn't the lady's rate that determines if I want to see her. There is something about her, her personality, sense of humour, intelligence, yes looks too that interests me. The rate is merely the compensation for her time and company

I hope that makes sense and answers your question, or some of them

A rambling

RG

CB

The problem with your question is that it does not have a single answer. Every hobbyist has different requirements which can be as fluid as the wind. With a morning breeze, it is a simple itch that needs scratching so a 30 minute special is the order of the day. An afternoon whisper in the leaves may bring visions of slippery fun on his lunch hour. When the wind turns cold he may find himself craving companionship enveloping an extended foray into sensual seduction. His price ceilings are unique to him and only him.

The key is to determine where a provider places her focus on value. There are many providers who provide 30 minute sessions with the same attention to detail as they give for the hour. Another provider charging the same amount perhaps doesn't have the same focus on delivering value regardless of how long you are staying. As every hobbyist is unique, so is every SP and the service she provides unique. The key is understanding that unique in this industry isn't synonymous with quality, it means existing as the only one or as the sole example; we are all individuals.

There are elite providers that carry their pricing based on their looks alone and they cater to the visually stimulated and egoically driven. Then are elite providers that take the time to make it an experience to remember for the both of you. They are intelligent, charming AND beautiful.

It all depends on what you are looking for. There are extraordinary providers in every price range, you simply need to explore and find the one that "fits" you best...

cat

• Like 3

5 years ago when i was solely based in Toronto and only wanted to work on occasion, my donations were $450/hr(daytime) & $600/hr(evenings & outcalls). I visited part time and had no issue getting bookings, and if I had wished to entertain full time I am sure that it would not have been an issue.

Companions will charge a donation that they feel they are worth and one that the market(bad term) will support. What may be out of reach for one is not so the case for another.

Some may not understand why someone would drop $500+ an hour on company, but that is ones personal choice, one that others have no right to criticize judge or bitch about.

Good company comes in all shapes, sizes and donations, when you find what works for you, make the most of it.

if any of us could get 500-600 hr it would be you and well deserved,you are gorgeous!

Is price a good proxy measure for "quality" of company once it is above the "usual range"?

To answer your question as simply as possible, I think it's like any other product/service. Sometimes paying more means better quality, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes paying less does not mean sacrificing quality.

Also "quality" is relative. You may strike out with a high-rate provider, but establish a great rapport with someone who charges less. The human factor is always present.

if any of us could get 500-600 hr it would be you and well deserved,you are gorgeous!

I don't necessarily agree higher rates are 'deserved'. What makes one SP deserve $500-600 an hour for the exact same services, good attitude, clean incall etc. than one who charges $200?

Post Script... I know, I know, traveling entails higher overhead.

I don't necessarily agree higher rates are 'deserved'. What makes one SP deserve $500-600 an hour for the exact same services, good attitude, clean incall etc. than one who charges $200?

I think this is jumping the gun a bit. To say someone is deserving does not necessarily imply that others are undeserving.

I would also say that Emily's experience is beyond "service, attitude, clean incall." I have had the pleasure of meeting her, and seeing a few of her clients, and she just blows me away with her professionalism, intelligence and beauty. There are really few who compare to Emily. Sorry if I made you blush, Em!

I think this is jumping the gun a bit. To say someone is deserving does not necessarily imply that others are undeserving.

I would also say that Emily's experience is beyond "service' date=' attitude, clean incall." I have had the pleasure of meeting her, and seeing a few of her clients, and she just blows me away with her professionalism, intelligence and beauty. There are really few who compare to Emily. Sorry if I made you blush, Em![/quote']

I don't disagree that Emily is tops. I've had the pleasure of meeting her too. :)

The problem with your question is that it does not have a single answer. Every hobbyist has different requirements which can be as fluid as the wind.

cat

I was beginning to feel a bit like "Deep Throat" from Hitchhiker's Guide! I will now spend another 10,000,000 years working out the right question!

Interesting replies though.

CB

I was beginning to feel a bit like "Deep Throat" from Hitchhiker's Guide! I will now spend another 10,000,000 years working out the right question!

Interesting replies though.

CB

Like anything else there are no right or wrong questions and the same goes for answers. If you don't ask you will never know. All I can say is, there is the right companion for you in a package that will work for you. Everyone seeks something different and sometimes it is about trial and error. Other times if the shoe fits wear it....

Donations will always vary as will service....if you find something what works for you go with it...

I was beginning to feel a bit like "Deep Throat" from Hitchhiker's Guide!

LOL. You mean Deep *Thought*, I presume? Deep Throat is something else entirely :bj:

-- Majikthise

LOL. You mean Deep *Thought*, I presume? Deep Throat is something else entirely :bj:

-- Majikthise

Freud and his slip at work I suspect: "throat" or "thought" :-D

CB

To a certain extent, rates are set to attract certain clients, as much as to serve as a signal to the potential clients as to what they can expect. Someone who spends a lot on themselves in other ways (5 star restaurant, 5 star hotels, more expensive lifestyle and homes) are going to spend in that 500/hr (or more range) because they are reading the signals. They can be guaranteed (probably) the sp will be in a location that they will be comfortable going to (whether condo or hotel), that she will provide the more luxurious surroundings he is accustomed to. She will be able to afford the attention to details, whether it is simply knowing which are better types of wine or just serving them. For regulars, she probably give expensive gifts for birthdays and/or Christmas/holidays.

Most people who do more shopping than I do know there is a big difference in the quality of a designer made item and a knock off or a dollar store equivalent. The clothing is constructed better, and with better quality fabrics. It fits better. Accessories last decades because they are made with more attention to the details. For someone like myself (and probably my clients lol), that difference is not important. For people who are more accustomed to that lifestyle, their surroundings actually do make a difference to how comfortable they are going to be.

When an escort understands this difference and caters to that clientele, she is usually successful because there are fewer who do. Meaning she is not competing for clients from the larger pool, but from a smaller market and being one of only a very few for that market to select from, she is usually quite busy in spite of the 'fact' some guys will come up with that she isn't doing more (menu items) than someone who charges 200/hr. Well, that's not usually the point, but also, she is doing more. She is doing what that type of client wants, needs and expects. Which is usually more than simple menu items.

• Like 2

very well said by Cat.

I too understand the methodology of taking into consideration the 'cost of operating'.

Many potential clients think that I just sit at my computer and 'wait for them to appear', little do they know what must go into the business.

As I said, very well put by Cat.

I came in here looking for some help in my own rate structure. I wonder if I can go higher in my rates but then I wonder what factors would make that possible. then I also wonder if what my current rates are I have to settle for them and be unhappy with them.

I have gotten so many people telling me so many different things and I start to wonder if its for thier own agenda or if they are telling me things in my own best interest.

I am not trying to flip flop my rates because then I will appear as someone being inconsitent with business which is not the image I want.

I remember finding an article about rate structure by Amanda Brooks and it had me in a head spin of what ifs and I still don't have a solution in changing things in what way I am being paid for my time.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/95698874/howtocalculateyourrate.pdf (here is the article)

There is my expectations, other providers expectations "advice" , client expectations and the board hobbyist opinion that make the whole decission proccess overwhelming.

it almost feels like I won't obtain my financial goals