Question... Why do some of the ladies type the phone numbers like 4}1{6#5)5:5^3?4{7}5

Personally, I think when you disguise your number, you do lose out on classy older gentlemen.

You are absolutely right. If I need sex only, I go with a hottie with funny number. If I need gfe, I go with a classy girl.

Guest **ck***o***ee

I do that sometimes to avoid my number being googled because if it was my ads will appear on google, linked to the phone number!

No bad intentions just something personal for me!

Vianca

I can understand not wanting ads to show up on Google or other search engines but it's not totally fool proof

I checked some numbers who use spaces or / and other ways well the ads show up on Google still so not sure if your doing it for that reason it is actually working for you

I checked a number like this one wont use actual as I dont think it is appropriate

613...-**5...-3**4

Ads from CL and other sites still come up on Google

Well lets agree to disagree, oh by the way once they figure out your phone # they an google it anyway.

And I would never be a client of yours, because I feel thatI don't have to figure out. There are allot of other SP's who will take my money gladdly.

Just because you have money:lol: Don't mean a thing! :handjob:

Since I don't own a BB, I didn't realize you could look at an ad and click on the number and it would dial.

So do I understand this correctly that you can dial from the following, standard presentation of writing phone numbers?

(613) 315-2210

Sorry to sound stupid, but what about the brackets around the area code and the dash the phone number?

Someone enlighten please.

Edited by Mature Angela
Add text
  • Like 1

I'll do a test:

(613) 555-5555

613-555-5555

613 555 5555

613?555?5555

613/555/5555

Posted via Mobile Device

The bb recognizes that as an appropriate phone number format and it works fine.

Posted via Mobile Device

That makes sense.

Guest W***ledi*Time

I confess that when I see funny numbers and symbols and fonts and colours in ads, my eyes tend to glaze over, and my automatic reaction is to associate the whole thing with other less reputable advertising sites. I am aware that this personal reaction of mine is not necessarily justifiable, especially since I do in fact know and have visited a couple of great ladies that now use the funny-stuff ad approach on Cerb. So although rationally I know that this negative association in my mind is not always fair, there it is anyway -- my reflexive urge to shun these ads.

But that's just me. To each their own -- each lady surely knows what works best for her in practice.

Since it doesn't matter to me (really) either way, I changed the format in my signature.

Being from the old school, I think it looks better.

Trying to catch up in the new school, I realize for those who want to connect via the web, it's easier.

I'll let you know if it increases business!

I was wondering what was better though -

(613) 315-2210 OR

613-315-2210

I would think with the area code being part of the actual phone number now days, leaving off the brackets and opting for a simple dash is more logical.

What do you guys think?

I was wondering what was better though -

(613) 315-2210 OR

613-315-2210

I would think with the area code being part of the actual phone number now days, leaving off the brackets and opting for a simple dash is more logical.

What do you guys think?

Brackets implies optional. The dash says its needed. Go with the dash.

Brackets implies optional. The dash says its needed. Go with the dash.

Good point. That's what I did.

Interesting, where did you pick up that tidbit of info? Just wondering

Here's my take on it:

Brackets are usually used in writing to indicate something that is "set apart" from the rest of sentence. It is usually meant to clarify something but if you removed what was within the brackets, it shouldn't adversely affect the original sentence.

So when it comes to a phone number to put an area code in brackets would imply that it's optional. So that would be in places where you don't need to dial all 10 digits. The area code is included in brackets to clarify where the phone number is from.

In Ottawa, because we use 10 digit dialing, it makes sense to use the dashes.

Although if you used the brackets, people would still get the point because we're used to dialing all 10 digits now.

But that's apparently the "old" way of writing phone numbers.

oh by the way once they figure out your phone # they an google it anyway.

That's not the point. I don't care if a client googles my email address or phone number. What I care about is someone I know from my personal life googling my email address/phone number and finding an advertisement offering erotic services.

Ottawa uses 10 digits?:mrgreen::lol:;)

places where you don't need to dial all 10 digits.

In Ottawa, because we use 10 digits

we're used to dialing all 10 digits now.

Here's my take on it:

Brackets are usually used in writing to indicate something that is "set apart" from the rest of sentence. It is usually meant to clarify something but if you removed what was within the brackets, it shouldn't adversely affect the original sentence.

So when it comes to a phone number to put an area code in brackets would imply that it's optional. So that would be in places where you don't need to dial all 10 digits. The area code is included in brackets to clarify where the phone number is from.

In Ottawa, because we use 10 digit dialing, it makes sense to use the dashes.

Although if you used the brackets, people would still get the point because we're used to dialing all 10 digits now.

But that's apparently the "old" way of writing phone numbers.

Thanks for letting me know, I guess I am too much of a noob to understand that or, atleast get it the first time :lol:

Guest b**g**_1*

It might be the same reason some people will type an email address as: yourname[at]hotmail[dot]com.

It's so that bots can't pick it up to scam.