SPs - Have you ever comped a client?

Guest M**th**d

Hmmm reading this made me picture you as my....hairdresser/dentist/cleaning lady LOL thank you for those images hehe!!!

Nope.. and never would ask for money in advance either for services if I were tight from a regular client. I would expect my hairdresser/dentist/cleaning lady (if I had one) wouldn't from me either.

What I mean by this is, have you ever seen a client who couldnt pay right away, and let them owe you til next time, or leave a post dated cheque or other collateral? I have had several regulars who have requested this, and it makes me very leery. Just wondering if anyone else has been burned by this, or if you ever have a regular you trust enough.

I've done it a couple of times in the past for regular clients and not been burned. :)

Guest c******n****h

At first glance, the answer is simple. No pay, no play. However we can all make exceptions depending upon the relationship. I have clients in my business who have been unable to pay in the short term and I have covered for them. I would never do this for a new client, or for someone that I did not know well enough to trust. I also realize that in doing so, if the debt goes unpaid, then I am to blame. I can recall an instance where I was going to be a little late and hit the nearest ATM on my way to see an SP with whom I had had a long time relationship with. The ATM was down. I called her to explain and she said not to worry that she would get it from me the next time I saw. I really appreciated the trust that she showed me. I certainly would never try that with someone that I did not know well.

On several occasions I have had clients run out the door (literally) when time wasn't being watched too closely and they were late and they forget to drop the envelope. Or they have something that has come up with a bank machine or timing. Never once have I been burned for it. Comping is different in my opinion tho, it is a free session. If a client is exceedingly generous with the # of visits he pays me, then a session might be offered on the house for a special thank you. This is a business built on relationships as all service businesses are and sometimes comping is smart business...

cat

Hmmm reading this made me picture you as my....hairdresser/dentist/cleaning lady LOL thank you for those images hehe!!!

Well I don't have dentist gear but I have hair-cutting scissors, a maid outfit and I can give you a physical.. close enough?:bddog:

I was always taught growing up that you don't go into debt to enjoy luxuries. If I was a grocery store' date=' I might consider letting someone go into debt to feed his or her family, but going into debt to enjoy a sexual service or any other luxury is just ridiculous IMO![/quote']

Luxury is the word. I consider this hobby as a gift that I offer to me, and would never ask the "gift" to pay for itself.

To ask for credit, or to negociate the rates are, IMO, the same thing. It breaks the mood and put the SP in an odd position. When I plan an apt., I plan also to have in hand the donation and more in case of an extension of the encounter. If I need money or the SP needs my help, it has to be on a more personal level, distinct of the relationship between an SP and an hobbyist. Like many said, no pay, no play.

I had a guy tell me we should have debit machines like any other business because it's considered "Cash".

I told him there was an ATM at the corner. He didn't want to pay the extra services charges. I told him I'd reduce my price by $3.00 to cover that.

He never called back.

Hey, I know that guy!!

lol

To the OP, no, never, nunca, there is really no reason to do that whatsoever, regardless of the circumstances. If they will have the cash later in the week, then by all means come to see me, but no, it is not acceptable to ask. It would be exactly the same as going to your favourite daily coffee place (owner operator, not a chain, for the example) and saying you don't want to pay today, but you want your coffee anyway. Basically, if you would not do it then, or at the grocery store, or the gas station, why to an sp?

Basically it comes down both to respect for the service and that this is a luxury, not a necessity. It is certainly something he can do without for a day or two until the funds are actually in hand, right? :confused:

I think it depends on the relationship. For those that have been together for 2-3 years and regularly its different than once in a while guests. I am a very giving person and think that it works both ways. I would do anything to help out my "special" SP and I know she would do the same.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the relationship. For those that have been together for 2-3 years and regularly its different than once in a while guests. I am a very giving person and think that it works both ways. I would do anything to help out my "special" SP and I know she would do the same.

Once sps consider this not a business relationship, however friendly it becomes, then they are dating that client, imo. If they do not wish to cross that personal line, then they will always always ensure pay for play, and payment at the beginning of the appt, not afterwards. It is there because, at the end of the day, she needs to pay her bills, and needs to do that in order to be available on a daily basis like this. Seeing someone for "free" means she is unable to respond to inquiries or book an appt with a paying client. She may be saying yes for fear of somehow offending the client who is asking for the comp, play now pay later, and goes thru with it. To me, this is not a good enough reason.

If she wants to do a buy 10 get one free card, then that is her decision, and she can offer that as a perk. But she should never be approached or asked for this, imo. It is similar to booking an appt, knowing you are short, but showing up anyway and telling her after the fact. Be up front, let her decide if that is ok or not ok, and then book the appt if she agrees. To me, it is just respectful, and the other, comping, is manipulative and not something that is desireable in a client, imo.

I have a regular, excellent client who pays me upfront with a blank check. At the end of our session we fill in the amount together. The relationship is comfortable enough that this is not awkward. It is a working friendship. It is really a matter of trust for me. What is fine for some may not be for others.

I have a regular, excellent client who pays me upfront with a blank check. At the end of our session we fill in the amount together. The relationship is comfortable enough that this is not awkward. It is a working friendship. It is really a matter of trust for me. What is fine for some may not be for others.

I believe this sort of arrangement is something I could be comfortable with, but it would have to be something that comes with time and trust - certainly cannot be expected from a first timer, that's for sure.

There are special circumstances that warrant certain things, but I believe the key thing as implied in the above posts, is it's something that should not be expected, and both parties need to feel 100% comfortable.

I have a regular client one day realized he was $20 short and said he would go to the ATM and come back. In this case, I told him not bother because he always tipped me. He said he'd give it to me next time - I told him it wasn't necessary, but he did anyways.

If a client is exceedingly generous with the # of visits he pays me, then a session might be offered on the house for a special thank you.

A Birthday freebee would be nice, for a long time regulars only.

(maximum one per year) :wink:

I was a client with astripper/SP If she stayed 1 or 2 hours she would charge me $250 to $500, but if she stayed the night she didn't want to be paid. She did use those 3 little word quite often and then she dissapeared after 3months without a trace.

I'm just curious if this is a situation where say a client would call and ask if its allright if he can pay later, or is this a situation where he/she shows up and is short the money by like 20 to 40$ and you just tell him to pay later?

I had a guy tell me we should have debit machines like any other business because it's considered "Cash".

I told him there was an ATM at the corner. He didn't want to pay the extra services charges. I told him I'd reduce my price by $3.00 to cover that.

He never called back.

You are too funny.

I was always taught growing up that you don't go into debt to enjoy luxuries. If I was a grocery store' date=' I might consider letting someone go into debt to feed his or her family, but going into debt to enjoy a sexual service or any other luxury is just ridiculous IMO![/quote']

You said it dude!

And as for clients who show up without the full amount, you know where you're going and what the fee is. I feel like this is just a way for them to try to get a cheaper rate without actually asking.

Guest Ou**or**n

One time I was so excited for an encountered that I did all my usual prep - shower, shave and all the usual stuff. I headed out giving my normal allowance for traffic and delays and showed up just in time. On the way up the elevator I nearly fell over as I came to the crashing realization I forgot to hit the ABM on the way.

I went a ahead to the lady's apt and immediately told her my faux pas and asked her to wait while I popped around the corner to get the money and explained that I would still be leaving at the expected time. She just smiled and told me not to worry that after the appointment she would be heading out and she'd just come with me. So after the session we headed out together and she waited while I got her the cash.

But wanting to play and pay later because your short on cash is ridiculous.

I wanted to add that on a rare occassion, a regular client has come with enough cash for an hour session and then wanted to extend without having cash on hand. I permitted them to extend with the promise to interac that money when they got home. I'm fine with this, but I will never let someone build up a tab because they can't afford it!

He never called back.

I find it extremely rude that a potential client would quibble over a three dollar ATM charge. In my mind, if you are hiring a provider, the ATM charge is simply part of the cost of doing business. If you're not willing to cover expenses, don't book the date.

Guest f***2f***

There's an old saying in small business that refers to the motto on the US dollar bill (In God we trust). It goes like this:

"In God we trust, all others pay cash."

Gotta say it... I have been comped and have paid forward as well. As has been said a few times earlier, it all depends on your relationship.

The comps came from a regular who called up and then popped over... but she knew that we would settle up the next day over coffee or a snack. Same person was short for a bill and I anted up to help out... she came over a few days later and made good.

Now I wouldn't do this with just anyone... I think it has to be one of those comfort zones where your gut reaction tells you it will be okay.

I find it extremely rude that a potential client would quibble over a three dollar ATM charge. In my mind, if you are hiring a provider, the ATM charge is simply part of the cost of doing business. If you're not willing to cover expenses, don't book the date.

If you think that's bad....

I don't mind receiving texts, but when the client is ready to book, I request that they call me in person so I can hear their voice. I had one guy tell me that he had no "minutes" to call and that he preferred text. I suggested he then go to a pay phone and he said he'd pass because why should he play 50 cents when my requirements made no sense - that everyone else accepts text (which I don't believe).

I have free incoming and free text on my phone for a set price per month and if I want to dial outgoing calls, it's 20 cents a minute - so I always add a $10 card on my phone in that rare case where I need to use my phone to call out. I could see if maybe he was might have the same kind of plan as me and maybe no extra minutes to dial out, but to not want to spend 50 cents on a phone call to book with a lady...

• Like 1

If you think that's bad....

I don't mind receiving texts, but when the client is ready to book, I request that they call me in person so I can hear their voice. I had one guy tell me that he had no "minutes" to call and that he preferred text. I suggested he then go to a pay phone and he said he'd pass because why should he play 50 cents when my requirements made no sense - that everyone else accepts text (which I don't believe).

I have free incoming and free text on my phone for a set price per month and if I want to dial outgoing calls, it's 20 cents a minute - so I always add a $10 card on my phone in that rare case where I need to use my phone to call out. I could see if maybe he was might have the same kind of plan as me and maybe no extra minutes to dial out, but to not want to spend 50 cents on a phone call to book with a lady...

LOL. Some People :shock::shock:

I get so turned off when people don't have minutes lol

Doesn't want to go to the payphone lol..