Call me...nonono, you call me

I just wanted some advice about e-mail and phone etiquette and how the other ladies respond? On numerous occasions I received e-mails saying something like "call me" or "today? 555-5555" or "you're hot. call me". I never reply to these- mostly because I would feel like an idiot calling:

him- "hello?"

me- "hi, is umm..the rude guy I don't know there?"

him- "speaking"

me- "oh, yea, you messaged me?"

him- "yea, how much?"

me- "for what?"

him- "how much?"

me- "uuhhh...who is this?"

him- "Kevin"

me- "Kevin?"

him- "Kevin"

me- "Do I know you?"

him- "Yes, I messaged you"

As you can see, this could go on forever with increasing awkwardness and annoyance on my part.

Do most girls call guys when they write this? I thought that they should call us? Or at least tell me their name and why they want me to call in an e-mail? Am I being difficult here to ask for some sort of introduction?

You are NOT being difficult!

I do not respond to one line emails or texts that start with yo babe or your hot.

If I answer a call and get that kind of response, I usually just say good-bye and hang up.

You don't need to waste your time, these type of people are usually not serious about getting together!

I'm sorry, I should'nt laugh... But LOL! Girl this have happend to all of us...

For me, usually, either I book the call without reminding him I'm into domination, charging hell prices and pissed him right of when he comes, or I just call to tell him he's an idiot, and ask for a reference, which, obviously, he does'nt have, so he's not e-mailling back...:twisted:

Hi Auralie,

I can only speak for myself. Whenever I make an initial appointment with an SP/MP it is only after having completed as much background research as I can about the person, i.e., read CERB profile and view pictures, if any; read SP/MP's web site in its entirety; read any reviews on CERB or elsewhere.

My preference is to exchange introductory PMs or e-mails with the SP/MP indicating that I am contemplating making an appointment within a date range for a specific time preiod (number of hours) and whether it will be incall or outcall.

I agree with you that the ladies would prefer as much up-front information as possible so that they will be in a better position to reply to the "gentlemen" with appropriate details.

It is the old dilemma: how can you respond intelligently when there is a lack of information to beign with? ;-)

P.S. Just love those "naked chef" menus!

i was wondering when is it appropiate to call back ? jow long is too long some times i dont get to answer my phone all day and if some one leaves me a message at 10am should i even call them back when i start at 4 that day ?

maybe they called from work ? what if they are at home now , what if they found someone already? allthese things go though my mind ? how bout if they called the day before lol

just looking for opinions

thanks

xoxoxoox

Kaylee Kisses

I hate calling back too especially if they don't leave a timeline...so in most cases i don't unless i know them.

Text messages from unknown people are a pain in the ass...so if i don't know the number or i'm bored and maybe want to vent then i will play the text game..haha..the last text game was from a dude in Hali saying he met me at a club...lmao...so right off i knew he was looking for something free...i don't go to clubs...so not a chance he met me in one...so the easiest way guys is to email us or pm us on here...telling us something about yourselves adding your references {which you have checked with the other lady already} and letting us know how to contact you...we can call back when you give us a timeline..

kisses,

Emma A

Emma, I couldn't agree more. Although I always agree with your point of view. Ladies, I know within every community we are going to have a couple A****oles. But I find the ladies of CERB of high calibre. What that means is that the gentlemen should be of the same class. Thus this means clear and open communications, respecting each others boundaries and discretions, and treating each other to amazing company. Thats why I'm here and would expect that all the women settle for nothing less. If you feel you're not be treated to the professional level which you treat others - move on and leave those gents to find women of their equal. IMHO. WC.

• Like 1

i was wondering when is it appropiate to call back ? jow long is too long some times i dont get to answer my phone all day and if some one leaves me a message at 10am should i even call them back when i start at 4 that day ?

maybe they called from work ? what if they are at home now , what if they found someone already? allthese things go though my mind ? how bout if they called the day before lol

thanks

xoxoxoox

Kaylee Kisses

All of these scenarios are exactly why I don't call people back. I feel it is just too risky. You never know; they could be at home with their family or out with their girlfriend. I would hate for my phone call to be the cause of conflict between a gentleman and his SO.

Guest C****** K***e

Personally, I don't like calling back for those same reasons (who will be answering?) I have actually been left messages telling me to call back, but leaving no name, and, like Emma A, lots of texts with no names. I've come to make it a point to remind people to leave their name when giving my number, but so far it hasn't changed anything. I'm hoping it's a learning curve and the effects will take place soon!

To be quite honest if the guy has "NO BALLS" to leave his name, why bother with him...right? When I call or text, I always say "Hi_ _ _ _ _ _ _ its Pete "

Personally, I don't like calling back for those same reasons (who will be answering?) I have actually been left messages telling me to call back, but leaving no name, and, like Emma A, lots of texts with no names. I've come to make it a point to remind people to leave their name when giving my number, but so far it hasn't changed anything. I'm hoping it's a learning curve and the effects will take place soon!

I usually would just say, hi, I'm returning your call. My # is always blocked, so if he has called a few people, then he will ask who is calling, and we go thru the info.

I usually reply to all polite emails that my advertising tells them to phone for details. I include the phone #. I do not reply to 2 word emails. I do not allow texting, for the same reason. Personally, I need the voice to confirm gender and sincerity and courtesy. Emails and texts can be abused, and have been.

For the OP, you should simply do whatever it is that you request for contact. If you do not request them to send their phone #, but prefer them to email you or phone you themselves, then just remind them of that. Don't bother calling them. To me, it could well be they are not providing you with a legitimate phone # (no name included) and you might end up in a very awkward conversation with who knows who. If you are ok with a phone call, email them back with your # and tell them to call.

For someone who does not give a good call back time, the basic rule is one hour. If you return it within an hour (always block your number, do not say Hi, Its Sexy Sadie calling to book you for that PSE you are looking for, just say you are returning their call (no names used, his or yours) and hope you are calling at a convenient time), otherwise no.

If you have varied hours, but your ad is out there, just change your voice mail message so anyone leaving a message hears your hours. as in, I'm not available right now, but if you leave a message I can return your call after 4PM, or call back after 4:00 to speak to me directly. If they leave a message then, and don't give a time, then you can be assured they can take the call.

Yeah, every time I call and end up leaving a message, I always give my name and a number, I also ask to call me back within a certain window of time, sometimes that is all day.

BUT I always add to every message that if they call me back, that I may be very vague in my responses and just talk about meeting or a future appointment. Hard to explain booking an SP while in line at Starbucks for coffee. :-) But people overhearing me booking an appointment or to say let me call you right back always works fine for me. They don't know know that I'm getting action! As long as I don't get a stiffy while I'm thinking about the SP I will be meeting, that's a lot tougher to explain. I mean, sure I like my coffee but not THAT much! :roll:

I always leave my name, number, time in which it is okay to call me back till, and how long I wanted to book for, I have had lots of call backs and they have all gone smooth.

thanks

xoxoxoox

Kaylee Kisses

I just caught up with this thread, and realized by the date its directed at me. Sorry Kaylee, I did try to book the day before (via email) and did call before noon. Guilty on both accounts. Still getting to know the etiquette:lol: