24 days and counting...

It's now been 24 days that I have stopped smoking...

I have been thinking about quiting for a long time but any smoker will know that we need that extra motivation. Well I was so sick that I gave myself a good kick in the butt....

I don't miss the taste or the smell but the habit is hard to get ride of...

If you have stopped smoking, what kept you away from it and kept you motivated.

I need some positive comments to keep me going...

Bring it on cerbies!

Bianca

• Like 9

Never smoked so sorry I don't have any good tips for you.

Congratulations on the first 24 days... keep up the good work.

• Like 1

i've smoked for years quit a few times but always started again last time i quit for 9 weeks lol had some issues to deal with but i'll quit again. You feel alot better when you quit i only found it hard for the first couple days hard not to have a smoke with a beer they go together. Good luck with the quitting keep us posted try chewing toothpicks lol works for me

• Like 2

Well, first things first, congrats on the first 24 days, Bianca and best of luck keeping at it.

As for me, I smoked when I was young and at 19, I quit. Got the flu for a week, didn't smoke and after that just did it cold turkey. Now, of course, the habit wasn't as bad so I didn't have as hard a time with the withdrawal. So I don't know how much advice I can give but I just think it's mind over matter as much as anything else.

On a side note, wow, 36 years since I did that and now just passed 18 since I quit drinking. Dang, I'm getting old.:frown:

• Like 1

I started using e-cig , been smoke free for 3 months now.

This on just fell in my lap as a friend had given me an e-cig to try.

After about a week I noticed I was smoking less and decided to go for it

It's the stressful times that pushes one back to smoking.

I'm working on lowering my intake of nicotine but I have to say

The e-cig works

• Like 1

I started using e-cig , been smoke free for 3 months now.

This on just fell in my lap as a friend had given me an e-cig to try.

After about a week I noticed I was smoking less and decided to go for it

It's the stressful times that pushes one back to smoking.

I'm working on lowering my intake of nicotine but I have to say

The e-cig works

the e-cig works to but now there going to ban useing them in places where you can't smoke

I have been smoke free for many years now but took several attempts to finally kick the pack a day habit. I got to a point where I really wanted to quit and did it cold turkey, no nicotine gum or patch. Avoid being around other smokers when they light up, the temptation can be hard to resist so avoid situations that increase your cravings. You are off to a great start, take it one day at a time, I know you can do it Bianca!

• Like 1

Congrats!

I'm an occasional smoker, so for me picking them up or putting them down is as easy as deciding to. Of course, I still get cravings for a couple days, but I don't enjoy being a full-time smoker. I like smoking, but not for more than a few weeks. Then I quit for a few months. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm fucking weird.... :D

• Like 1

Guest *l**e

way to go Bianca...very proud of you. I've never smoked, But I would think that a lack of dying by suffocation might be a good motivator...lol...kidding.

keep working hard and enjoy all the extra time and money you now have,

...If you have stopped smoking, what kept you away from it and kept you motivated.

I need some positive comments to keep me going...

Bianca

Congrats Bianca - you beat the addiction part. The rest of the battle is behaviour. Changing behaviours takes about 2wks to kick-in.

I was a pack a day guy for about 20yrs. Got fed up with the smell & expense. Used the patch & was very grumpy for a week. Without a doubt, I enjoyed the smoking but accepted that it was time to stop.

For a couple of weeks after I quit, I smoked a pencil when I got the urge. Stupid, I know....but it got me through hard moments (didn't do it in public either).

Hang-in there kiddo. The urges will go away with a bit of time. Had any smoking dreams yet?

• Like 1

Congrats Bianca - you beat the addiction part. The rest of the battle is behaviour. Changing behaviours takes about 2wks to kick-in.

I was a pack a day guy for about 20yrs. Got fed up with the smell & expense. Used the patch & was very grumpy for a week. Without a doubt, I enjoyed the smoking but accepted that it was time to stop.

For a couple of weeks after I quit, I smoked a pencil when I got the urge. Stupid, I know....but it got me through hard moments (didn't do it in public either).

Hang-in there kiddo. The urges will go away with a bit of time. Had any smoking dreams yet?

I would rather put something else then a pencil or toothpick in my mouth...hmmmm hahaha...obviously it would look a little inappropriate in public :D

Thank you everyone for taking the time to write a little something, I really appreciate it. Now if you notice I little extra pounds on me, you will know why ugh ;)

Bianca

Glad to hear you kicked the habit.. Smoking that is. You may have quit smoking but you are smoking HOT !! I must say.

I only wish I could quit. I cough way to much I've been smoking way to long. We all hate giving our money to the government and what do we do smoke.

I tried e cig just to have something in my hand going to my lips. It's that kind of habit.

Good luck Bianca I hope it works for you.

I see you are in my home and native land. The Rock !! enjoy..

• Like 1