For the Ladies - First Impressions?

I have been thinking about this for a little while, and wanted to ask the ladies their opinion, so here goes:

When you meet someone for the first time, does it make a difference to your first impression(s) depending on how the gentleman is dressed? I am taking it for granted that the gentleman is well groomed, shaven (or bearded), showered, etc, but I am talking about their clothes. Does it make a difference if the gentleman shows up in jeans/t-shirt versus slacks/golf shirt versus business clothes?

Personally, I like to look my best, as much as possible, so I try to dress nicely for my encounters. As I get to know a lady better, I relax a bit, but my version of dressing down may not be the same as others.

Ladies, what are your thoughts and expectations? Guys, feel free to offer your thoughts as well.

there is one gentleman I kinda stopped seeing because he would dress really slobby when I came to visit...on top of not really showering. Beer t-shirt and only boxers etc. he would always make special clothing requests for leather (which I dont really have in my closet unless its a jacket) and would hint that one girl once just showed up in a trench-coat and lingerie underneath and nothing else *just in case* I ever felt the need to do so for him. Needless to say i stopped dressing up for him unless he was willing to at least put on some pants when I came to visit.

I dont think we really expect you guys to dress up per se, but we spend a lot of time looking nice for you guys.....so at least put on a pair of pants and dont wear anything that you wouldnt be seen by friends in public... :-)

lol.. I"m picturing the guy also scratching his balls in his boxers.. and a beer in his hand.

I agree with Annessa.. I really am not that interested in what you're wearing.. but a nice suit and tie once in a while will get my knickers wet :) so will jeans and cowboy boots!

for me it's more about a freshly shaved face I can rub mine against.. and a clean (not cologne) smell. mmmm. nummy nummy.

Guest s******ecan****
there is one gentleman I kinda stopped seeing because he would dress really slobby when I came to visit...on top of not really showering. Beer t-shirt and only boxers etc. he would always make special clothing requests for leather (which I dont really have in my closet unless its a jacket) and would hint that one girl once just showed up in a trench-coat and lingerie underneath and nothing else *just in case* I ever felt the need to do so for him. Needless to say i stopped dressing up for him unless he was willing to at least put on some pants when I came to visit.

I dont think we really expect you guys to dress up per se, but we spend a lot of time looking nice for you guys.....so at least put on a pair of pants and dont wear anything that you wouldnt be seen by friends in public... :-)

I totally get this.....it shows that you do what you do for more than just the money. This guy was insulting your professional pride, he was not worthy of you regardless of his willingness to pay. Bravo for high standards!

I would rather have you showered and clean with trimmed fingernails and be courteous - don't really care what you have on because you won't be wearing it for long anyhow.

I would rather have you showered and clean with trimmed fingernails and be courteous - don't really care what you have on because you won't be wearing it for long anyhow.

Totally agree. I only ask you to take it off anyway, and leave you for a minute for that (my sessions start with massage). For that, casual clothing makes more sense, but many come directly from work or maybe some activity. Or they may be in the middle of the work day lol.

My father, a lawyer is always impeccably dressed.....and drummed that constantly into my head...

I remember as a child, one of our neighbours had a get together......it was on a Sunday and brunch I believe...

My father showed up dressed in a suit, while everyone else was in jeans and shorts......

Afterwards I set to him.......'didn't you feel awkward ?"

He said "On the contrary....I felt great, the others were a bit uneasy....."

While perhaps he over did it, you can certainly never go wrong dressing up, even if not in a suit, a smart pair of pants and shirt, as well as shaving and being clean will go a long long way towards first impressions.....

Hasn't failed me yet !

• Like 1

Totally agree. I only ask you to take it off anyway, and leave you for a minute for that (my sessions start with massage). For that, casual clothing makes more sense, but many come directly from work or maybe some activity. Or they may be in the middle of the work day lol.

oh definitely, its going to come off anyway so comfy is always good.....the only thing I have a problem with however is when a client demands that I dress to the nines...garter belt stockings high-heels, lots of make up etc.....and then presents himself like a slob.

I have had a few clients ask me if I could show up in jeans and a T-short because they didnt want to compete with dressy attire.....they would say 'dress comfortable....forget about all that fancy stuff' because they knew it would come off anyway too.

Guest S***e

My father wasn't a lawyer, however he was a businessman and he always wore a suit, white shirt, tie and polished shoes. I was brought up likewise and, in addition, his manners were impeccable. I am my father's son as I am always dressed well, am clean shaven and showered and my manners will always keep my father from turning in his grave. I may not always be wearing a suit and tie if the weather is hot and humid, but dress pants and a nice shirt would be in order. I have yet to show up for an appointment looking like I fell off the back of a turnip truck which is disrespectful to say the least.

My father, a lawyer is always impeccably dressed.....and drummed that constantly into my head...

I remember as a child, one of our neighbours had a get together......it was on a Sunday and brunch I believe...

My father showed up dressed in a suit, while everyone else was in jeans and shorts......

While perhaps he over did it, you can certainly never go wrong dressing up, even if not in a suit, a smart pair of pants and shirt, as well as shaving and being clean will go a long long way towards first impressions.....

Hasn't failed me yet !

I always consider meeting someone to be a date. so depending on the mood/setup maybe a casual date or an after dinner date then what I where as well as the person comes into play.

Eventhough the clothes are gonna comes off, it just adds to the comfort level and experience for the whole date.

Hasn't failed me yet !

My father wasn't a lawyer, however he was a businessman and he always wore a suit, white shirt, tie and polished shoes. I was brought up likewise and, in addition, his manners were impeccable. I am my father's son as I am always dressed well, am clean shaven and showered and my manners will always keep my father from turning in his grave. I may not always be wearing a suit and tie if the weather is hot and humid, but dress pants and a nice shirt would be in order. I have yet to show up for an appointment looking like I fell off the back of a turnip truck which is disrespectful to say the least.

I love men who dress up...to me it's a big turn on as well..Suits,ties,uniforms or just someone that shows they care about presentation...yum..it's not only respectful but so sexy to me. Cause every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man...;)

I agree Spike,

In the early 90's I used to pilot the Rapidair flights, Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa, and I remember that early morning and late afternoon flights were chalk full of businessmen in their suits......

Alot has changed since then, having flown one earlier this year, i could count the number of businessmen who were wearing suits......perhaps the world is changing to more casual ways.....

But I do agree, I am surprised at how inconsiderate people are of their general appearance......

oh well !!

I couldn't agree more Angela!! :-D

Guest C**Tra****er

Like many have said, I view it as a date, just as I would with any other woman that I want to spend time with. It doesn't matter if it's the 1st time or the 20th we have seen each other, or how comfortable we are around each other. Respect and manners are wonderful things!

Let's be honest, how hard is it to shower, shave and brush your teeth? Personal hygiene is very important to me and I always like to look my best, even if it's a grand illusion lol. I like to dress well too. That doesn't mean that I have to wear a suit everywhere I go, but it's pretty easy to wear something nice and clean, and be a courteous and respectful person.

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but i can't imagine being any other way. Remember that you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Every lady has their preferance. I do not get a big high from a suit and a power tie. I love tight jeans, cowboy boots, a button down shirt. In the summer, nice checkered golf pants, a clean t-shirt and flip flops (if your feet are nice lol...yes I have a foot fetish!) But to re-iterate some previous comments the most important factor is great (not simply good) hygiene! Smell nice, look nice, be trimmed, finger and toe nails clean and trimmed, nice breath, and please....no double double from timmy's before you arrive!!!

Thanks for the feedback everybody. More or less what I expected, but wanted to ask in case assumptions were being made.

Also learned a few interesting things.. . Cowboy boots... hmmmm. :bddog:

Thanks all, and enjoy summer.... but don't blink, or you may miss it... :roll:

Also learned a few interesting things.. . Cowboy boots... hmmmm. :bddog:

haven't seen a man in cowboy boots for a long time.. but my longest relationship was with a guy I picked up in a bar who had jeans, cowboy boots and a light blue denim shirt.. guess it conjures up fond memories.. I certainly don't have a boot fetish on men at least (unlike Meg by the sounds of it)

Now black shiny boots on myself! Mamma like!!

First impression is very important to me, eventhough I don't really care how you dress... I'm not your mother...

But for me, somebody who has a bad breath, smells bad, refuse to fresh up, gives me attitude... That's a big NO NO...

Even on the phone I don't like your attitude, I'll tell you that you might want to change your attitude, or call somebody else...

I can't resist a firefighter - in his dress uniform, handsome, in his blues is sexy...in his bunker gear -- smoldering!!!

I even dated a firefighter I think mostly because of his uniform - I used to ask him to skip going home to change first because I liked to jump him when he came through the door.

That's about my only weakness. No other "men in uniform" do it for me like that. Perhaps because many member of my family are military and I'm used to seeing those uniforms.

As for policemen....

Back to the topic on hand...hygiene most important.

T-shirts, jeans and biker boots welcome anytime....

As for policemen....

F*ck! if I could get a cop to see me and wear his uniform I think I'd never let him go.. still haven't had that fantasy met :(

getting hot thinking about it.. grrrr.

Guest f***2f***
I can't resist a firefighter - in his dress uniform, handsome, in his blues is sexy...in his bunker gear -- smoldering!!!

I even dated a firefighter I think mostly because of his uniform - I used to ask him to skip going home to change first because I liked to jump him when he came through the door.

That's about my only weakness. No other "men in uniform" do it for me like that. Perhaps because many member of my family are military and I'm used to seeing those uniforms.

As for policemen....

Back to the topic on hand...hygiene most important.

T-shirts, jeans and biker boots welcome anytime....

sooooo you liked his hose??