Oranje is through to the semi-final!

Damn rights!!!

I'm glad to see they brought a younger squad this time. The old guard was getting old. These guys have great ball control. They could have had two more as well.

ORANJE!!!!!:bowdown::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So could have Brazil. Steklenberg's save off of Kaka is probably the "save" of the tournament so far. Had that gone in, it would have been all over for the Oranje.

Now, I'm off to find a prtty little Samba dancer who might be in need of some consolation.

But, I'm having a Cuban cigar right now:mrgreen: and one very large COLD BEER:-D...So Lindsay join the smoking lounge and light 1 up! YES HOLLAND!

As for Holland beating Brazil, I'll have whatever he's smoking.:-D

Posted via Mobile Device

I can't believe that match! I mean, I can 'cause I watched it, but holy crap!! Hats off to the Netherlands. Right now the only smoke I'm getting is from my friends smoker (we're experimenting with cheeses today). A tournement of upsets is an understatement at this point. Well here's hoping my favorite underdogs win today - Ghana. if they win it will be another in a long line of matches few foresaw as a realistic outcome.

Posted via Mobile Device

How to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory. Oh man I feel for Gyan, his countrymen will be out for the price on his his head.

Two great games today, I hope tomorrow comes as close.

That is easily the saddest way to lose a gaime of football in my enitire life i have seen.

WOW. I can understand Gyan's emotions at the end of the game. WOW. As an african i just feel really really awkward.

Ghana fought a good fight. A bit unlucky at the end. I think the coach didn't practice team penalty kicks. The two misses were weak shots. Hope better luck four years from now.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm very PLEASED to report....I have changed my profile background color to ORANJE...ya BABY! Go Holland!!

The nicest midfield in the tournament to watch is Spain. Awesome control and passing. They would be untouchable if pushed to penetrate into the 18 more, but tend to hand around too much from 35 yards or so. They were my pick early on, and once I saw the Switzerland game, I figured they would still move on.

Having said all this, gotta score to win, not just keep possession.

Netherlands is going all the way!

A Netherlands-Germany final will be interesting.

I'm with you 100% Cato. What a glorious day today with Holland beating Brazil. Go Holland Go.:grin:

Guest W***ledi*Time

For the record, the aggregate results in the World Cup for the three teams that had been forbidden by their management from having sex during the tournament (England, Chile, Ghana): 6 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses. Of the losses, two were in the round of 16, and one was in the quarterfinals.

For the record, the aggregate results in the World Cup for the three teams that had been forbidden by their management from having sex during the tournament (England, Chile, Ghana): 6 wins, 3 draws, 4 losses. Of the losses, two were in the round of 16, and one was in the quarterfinals.

__________WIT -

I do believe that your calculations may not have taken into account David Beckham, Metro-Man.

I mean, I have no doubt that Beckham was parading himself around the England compound in his sari in an an attempt to bring karma to the team.

Maybe that's what put off hard man John Terry off his game, Terry having used his "hard" man prowess on the girlfriend of a potential England defender before the team was selected.

Guest W***ledi*Time
I do believe that your calculations may not have taken into account David Beckham, Metro-Man.

I mean, I have no doubt that Beckham was parading himself around the England compound in his sari in an an attempt to bring karma to the team.

Maybe that's what put off hard man John Terry off his game, Terry having used his "hard" man prowess on the girlfriend of a potential England defender before the team was selected.

ha ha ... true, it's hard to control the data against all the contaminating factors. Maybe the ticket would have been to select the team from cloistered monks ...

As predicted.....

Germany gives Argentina......a Brazilian......

Is it just me, or is Maradonna annoying as hell.......

800px-German_Flag_Wavy_svg.png

Love it, you are right I never did like Maradonna! The height difference I tend to believe is a distinct advantage in a soccer match. Do you agree or disagree?

A Germany / Holland Final would be great and one for the ages.

Looks very promising now.

A Germany / Holland Final would be great and one for the ages.

Looks very promising now.

That would be fantastic! Go Oranje!

Germany had a dominating performance against Argentina. It's the best game so far in this world cup. A Holland vs. Germany may best it if they meet in the final.

Oh yes for sure Newton, their defence was outstanding, Argentina could not break through it at all.

Love it, you are right I never did like Maradonna! The height difference I tend to believe is a distinct advantage in a soccer match. Do you agree or disagree?

Hey Pete,

Maradonna is a pompous ass, never liked him....

Not sure if height makes a difference in soccer, very situational.......certainly on corners and headers it does...lol...look at England's superstar striker Peter Crouch....

I think it comes down to agility and ability.....not so much height....

Interestingly though, the next superstar Messi, is exactly the same height as Maradona........ 5'5"......

Hopefully he wont be as much a snivelling whiner as his 'mentor' is.....

Yes I was talking more about the headers, and corner kicks, anyone at 6-4 over a defender at 5'5'' really has that advantage in those situations. The smaller guys do probably have a advantage in agility, and possibly speed.

My Argentinian friend has been messaging me all morning. She was pumped for the tourney... until the Argentinians met the Germans. She became quite silent.

She calls the Uruguayans a bunch of Argentinian wannabes and has her money on Spain now....