Does anyone in Ottawa have Wind Mobile?

A friend of mine is thinking of switching to Wind Mobile. He asked my advice and I told him I could only speak from dealing with a couple of clients who had Wind and had difficulty reaching me when they got to certain spot(s) in Orleans.

This was a couple of years ago and I told him that perhaps Wind has improved its coverage since then. So I am asking if anyone from Ottawa currently subscribes to Wind and if you have any issues.

The price and options certainly seems right. My friend lives in Orleans and works in Kanata, so he needs that range.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello Angela,

I do have Wind mobile for my work phone provider. I find the service to be a lot better now a days, as before I could not get service in gatineau but I do think there are still parts of orleans/outskirts I find it doesnt work. Also when I travel back home to Toronto my service cuts out until I get into certain citys. For a main phone I wouldnt have it, not reliable enough for me. Customer service is good though! Good pricing as well and plans, hope this helps !

Yes, I have also heard Wind doesn't do so well in Orleans or other outlying areas of Ottawa. It's too bad because they have good pricing for what you get.

Now that they have re-organized and refinanced they will probably try to buy some spectrum and expand their network. They will have to do that if they want to offer 4G, but that will take time.

Never used them but if you visit their site you can see what their coverage is... The dark one is the best coverage, so Orleans can be spoty just by looking from that.

My son has them. I can hardly ever reach him. He has it because its cheap. I have business interests and could not have such a unreliable service. He does not care and is happy its cheap. I say its cheap for a reason

it doesn't work outside of a few major cities...check their (limited) coverage map on their site....signing up with them was a big mistake for me...

I currently use Wind and the service is a little bit better than it was a couple of years ago, but I agree with Hannah about the coverage being limited, but if you are staying in town where the coverage is good then I really think you can't go wrong with them as their prices are really good and they offer pretty decent phones now.

I used wind for less than 6 months but lost quite a lot of business because it wouldn't work. As we speak, my old Wind phone is in my desk drawer and not worth the money i paid on it. I went with telus, for $55 a month you have everything u need for business on a pay as you go. Best service i had in Ontario and new brunswick- can't beat them.

• Like 1