Thankfully no one got stunk in any elevators (at least where I was)...it certainly freaked a few people out while it lasted.

My 8 year old niece said it was "cool". She said some of the school kids started crying, but not her!!!

I remember back in 1992 when I was visiting relatives in Los Angeles, my cousin's birds started squawking up a storm and less than a minute later we experience quite the aftershock of an earthquake which caused pictures and objects on shelves to come crashing down. Now that was scary.

It's interesting how the birds sensed it was coming before we felt it.

Angela,

When things start fall off walls and shelves, I agree that is when it gets a bit nerve racking. Today, I don't know, but I didn't see anything move, other than some of the people and never seen some of them ever move that fast before.

Angela,

When things start fall off walls and shelves, I agree that is when it gets a bit nerve racking. Today, I don't know, but I didn't see anything move, other than some of the people and never seen some of them ever move that fast before.

Agree, the one in Los Angeles was more severe than this one - they called it an aftershock, but to me it was an earthquake. I am trying to remember, but I believe it was around 7 on the Richter Scale.

I have felt little tremors before around Ottawa, but today was the shakiest one thus far.

I was at work at my desk when the quake hit. Some of my co-workers ran out of the building. I was live on the air with drivers so I had to listen incase something bad happened. The rest of the day was a busy because of it.

My son txted me and ask if I felt the earth quake his grandmother told him it happened. He is working at his grandmothers house near Carleton Place and he was in a big digger shovel machine pulling up trees.. said he never felt anything lol.. haha I wonder why.

You know now who at your office you have to help in an emergency. We had two ladies crying there eyes out. We had one gentlemen who ran for the door and pushed his way out.

I cant get to my cottage till Sunday. It is in Low,Quebec..I am worried what I am going to find in damage since I saw that picture of the bridge near gracefield. It is not far from Low. GREAT!

Not to worry as I was driving through LOW when it all happened. I didn't notice a thing and no one was running around.

When I felt it, I thought you and Nicolette were doing another duo!!!

I wish!! But alas, no, I missed all the excitement! How could I not feel that when I was driving?

My first thought was that the airport had been attacked, but having been though these before I just grabbed my doggie and stood in the jamb by the front door and sang to him while my house made really awful noises. Books glass and knick knacks got knocked over and pictures were all askew, but nothing broke. My china cabinet top moved 1/2". Eep.

I heard there were aftershocks near the epicenter for hours.

I was actually just finishing up some personal play time and all of a sudden my cat got up from the bed looked crazy and ran. I heard a huge crack and alot of rumbling and my whole house shook... I creeped into the door frame and some how I managed to call my mother during the earthquake - crying of course (I'm a big baby, lol ) - and stayed on the phone until my house stopped swaying back and forth.

One of the more scary/interesting moments of my life :)

Glad everyone is okay xo

Guest O***wa**W

It was way stronger than any of the other ones I can remember here. 5.7 at the epicentre I believe. The bed was shaking!

I wish!! But alas, no, I missed all the excitement! How could I not feel that when I was driving?

Depends on where you were in Ottawa. Some parts got the full brunt (like if you live near Hogs Back), and some didnt feel a thing. 8)

see here the devastation of Earthquake 2010....

26692_437453617194_510662194_5816400_5681486_n.jpg

34111_10150198810130085_511105084_13539520_6452498_n.jpg

I was out in the woods and did not feel it. But everyone in town was going NUTS about it. I am between Ottawa and TO.

Holy sh*t! That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I love the cross they made out of sticks for the "fallen" 2-4 LOL!

see here the devastation of Earthquake 2010....

26692_437453617194_510662194_5816400_5681486_n.jpg

34111_10150198810130085_511105084_13539520_6452498_n.jpg