Bluesfest in Ottawa - Are You Going - What Bands Do You Plan to See?

It's that time of year where I have to make the decision as to what bands I am going to see at Bluesfest.

I see that the pricing has changed a bit over the years so it's difficult to juggle, which bands on which days at which time.

For now, my main pick is Santana. I haven't gone through the whole site, but I'm sure there will be others I want to see. I think Lewis Black, the comedian is another option.

Time, scheduling and $$ will of course dictate the outcome.

This is when it's handy to "know someone" who can get passes.

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/

I must be living in a cave - I didn't know Kevin Costner was a country singer. Now I've heard it all!

I'd like to go see Joan Jett and Metric if it fits into my schedule

My friends' Band The Powergoats is also playing Bluesfest so I'm gonna have to check that one out :-)

Joan Jett ...... I seen her in Halifax at the Crazy Horse over in Dartmouth years ago and was the best show I have ever seen, but have to wonder if the many beers we had prior to the show had much to do with it. Though now after so long I am hesitant to go and if she falls short or my expectations are too high ruin some great memories.

Metric is a must! I really like their music, they are fantastic live, and I'm just a little in love with Emily Haines! Arcade Fire is the other band I will be seeing. Really enjoy their music...I think I have everyone of their songs on my Ipod.

MonkeyJunk because I love Tony D

The Bacon Brothers...sheer curiosity

Santana

Joan Jett

Actually....I would see them all if I could! My new fav radio station is Dawg FM

• Like 1

I'd like to go see Joan Jett and Metric if it fits into my schedule

My friends' Band The Powergoats is also playing Bluesfest so I'm gonna have to check that one out :-)

Joan Jett - I'd be up for that!

Additional Comments:

Joan Jett ...... I seen her in Halifax at the Crazy Horse over in Dartmouth years ago and was the best show I have ever seen, but have to wonder if the many beers we had prior to the show had much to do with it. Though now after so long I am hesitant to go and if she falls short or my expectations are too high ruin some great memories.

I can relate. The first time I saw George Thorogood was in the Civic Centre Salons waaaay back in 1978. I have seen him a few times since then over the years, but for some reason none of the subsequent shows measure up to that first one embedded in my memory.

And the same with KISS - first time at Montreal Forum in 1975!

Again, beer power!!

I am still looking forward to hearing as many as I can from my balcony... but I would love to make it down for Roger Hodgson... for the people that don't know, his was the distinctive voice behind nearly all of the songs that Supertramp made hits in the 70's and early 80's.

Would love to see Santana too... met him about 10 years ago when he was up doing a Toronto concert, one of the most down to earth and nicest celebs I have ever met... and his hands??? For a guitar playing guy well into his 60's that man has the softest hands of any man I ever met!!

Joan Jett - I'd be up for that!

Additional Comments:

I can relate. The first time I saw George Thorogood was in the Civic Centre Salons waaaay back in 1978. I have seen him a few times since then over the years, but for some reason none of the subsequent shows measure up to that first one embedded in my memory.

And the same with KISS - first time at Montreal Forum in 1975!

Again, beer power!!

Angela fond memories of watching George in the salons, great concert! Another back in those days was Kim Mitchell at Algonquin College, Eagles at Rideau Carleton Race Track, I think the best of my time was Pink Floyd in Montreal and David Bowie in 1987 Lansdowne Park, I still have the ticket stubs from many concerts I had attended back in my youth.

Good memories..as for the Bluesfest this year as oppose to the season pass in the past (far too many concerts) Moody Blues, Joan Jett,B-52's are 3 for sure.

Finally, I'm heading down Wednesday night to see Stevie Winwood and Santana.

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread to see what folks have to say.

One member who pm'd me said he stopped going to Bluesfest because he prefers the "concert" experience over the the "club" experience which seems to be more of the atmosphere these days.

I tend to somewhat agree.

I finally get a chance to see some music, I have been busy almost every night these last two weeks.

I am off on Friday to see Great Big Sea, although sadly it is at the same time as Stars and the Voices of the Wetland. I will also be there on Sunday for the closing and definitely to see Weezer. I want someone to destroy my sweater.

"Listened" to Santana tonight from outside the fence. Can't stand the big crowds anymore. Actually did see him and his band from a distance-binoculars would have been good. Did I see a girl on an accordian?

Bluesfest is great! So far I've seen, in no particular order...

Ana Popovic, Hole, Iron Maiden, Joan Jett, Rush, Marc Cohn and going to Santana and more!

The food is good, the venue is great, the music is overwhelming and the eye candy is to die for! :)

Didn't go down tonight but the night is absolutely perfect for living downtown.... Santana just played Black Magic Woman then Oye Como Va.... acoustics are absolutely fantastic for a balcony serenade! The crowd is loud and the sound is fantastic!

I was there...crazy busy! I was pretty close near the front sitting in my chair with friends, for a long time it was okay...then as the time approached things got busier...and busier...and soon our chairs had to go, and it was CRUSH time. One girl in our party couldn't handle it (I wasn't crazy about it either) so we packed up and went back further...WAY back....it was a packed field tonight!

So basically I just watched on a big screen but it was great! I saw Santana back in the early 80's at the Civic Center and it was just like I remember!