What would you choose.....

I was asked this this morning, If I could choose between living until I'm 140 years old or living until I'm 80 but with all the funds that I need to do whatever I please. What would I choose, I took the 80 year and I'll explain why later after I see what you guys choose.

• Like 3

That's an interesting question Notch. It is for me however an easy one to answer as I have thought of this a lot in the last few years and quite recently more so.

I would choose the 80 figure and in fact would lower that if it mean that whatever life I have left is comfortable. I am not quite ready to go yet, but neither will I accept a'"hanging on," existance.

So right now I am content, probably boringly content, and although it might be nice to have unlimited funds, that is not something that I require.

• Like 3

Living till 80 does not leave much time even if money was not a problem. Living to 140 gives you time to eventually seethe best of what the world has to offer and to savour your time here. The only problem i have with going to 140 is when do you retire?

Posted via Mobile Device

I believe in living to have a good time not a long time. I'd rather live my life to the fullest and die by 80 than live longer like a vegetable.

Just saying!

• Like 2

if you live longer you also grow to become a burden on your family , we all love our family and say we will do anything for them but , how many of you have ever tried taking care of an aging member of that family . much more difficult and stressful than having a child . even if you are put into a " home " , you than become a financial drain . people are having a hard time to even find a proper place for our aging population let alone people that are willing to help care for them . you also get to see alot more of your loved ones , and other people that have " chewed the same dirt as you " pass away .

Additional Comments:

no where in your question does it say we are allowed to age with grace or keep our minds and bodies relatively healthy . thats another strike against in my book .

• Like 1

What I was told by some is that if you live until 140 you will get to see you family longer and grow bigger.

Just a thought.

Well that's not a selling point for living till 140...at least for me

(I'm single, family is mother, brother/his wife and nephew)

I'd take living to 80 with all the funds I need

I'd connect and reconnect with ladies who are special to me even more than I do now

And partake in my hobby (fishing) even more than I do now

And not one to travel, but a few spots in Canada I'd like to see

Besides, there is a difference between being alive and living. At 85 my mother is alive, but she is no longer living. I'd hate to spend my last sixty years (assuming 140 years old) in the same condition my mother is now, alive, but not living

RG

I'd opt for eighty. One has to consider what you need to live a good retirement and a happy longevity. I would suggest that there are many other factors that ensure a good quality of life in old age, more than money.

This old bod has a best before sticker, and I doubt that any amount of money will buy health in the long term. We seem terribly afraid of death in Western society, as evidenced by the extremes we go to prolong it. I observed the ravages of time on my parents who are both deceased, my father finally taking his own life because my mother had already died with dementia and he lived on with chronic pain.

You might get to see your grandchildren grow up but all other people of your generation would pass and you might become a very lonely person. I can't imagine the possibilities of outliving my own children which is a real possibility under this scenario, but hey you could always buy new friends.