Personal Movember - The Knife Cometh

Getting down to the short stroke now. Three andf a half days until surgery. I'm running out of things to think about to keep my mind off it (also known as avoidance). Went in for my pre-op tests and such. Spent that day really depressed but have bounced back.

I haven't been to see everyone I wanted to see. I'll be optimistic and say I'm saving the missed ones for when I'm back in the game.

The uncertainty is the hard part for me.

Will I make it through the surgery? (Probably)

Will I contract C. Difficile or MRSA while in the hospital? (Probably not)

Will Wee Willie ever work in some semblance of what it does now?

If it does, will it take thre months, six months, a year?

If it doesn't, will I have the self-confidence to continue to play doing other things I apparently do pretty well? I'm pretty sure I will with a couple of very special friends.

On the off chance, admittedly very tiny, that things don't work well Thursday, I want to thank everyone here for all the good and wonderful experiences.

Having said that, it is my intention to get back on the board next weekend to tell you all I'm just fine.

• Like 3

About 6 years ago I also underwent some surgery and as I read your post remind about how similar your concerns are to what mine were. Our minds are amazing in how that can allow us to do so much including cause ourselves great anticipation or concern over things like this... in the end my surgery went way easier than I anticipated and I am willing to bet yours will as well.

I am looking forward to your update post next weekend and of course to reading your next recommendation post here on the board in the very near future.

As you head through this week I think you can be assured that your friends here on LYLA Will have you in their thoughts.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Chin up mate! You have positive thoughts coming from me. Just remember, when the night is at it's darkest...you can see the stars! :)