Is there an upper age limit for clients?

Hello, I'm new on lyla.com, just under 2 weeks. I have a burning question that I need to ask and would like to get feedback on please. It's 1am and I'm tired, but I had to write this. It's been "bugging me" too long.

As baby boomers like myself enter our early 60s there is a large swell in the population of older clients (you know, the "grey" generation). This means there will be a large and increasing demand from this growing demographic. This presents many challenges and raises a lot of questions for me as to how the MAs or FS ladies feel about working with people in their early senior years or even later?

To be honest, maybe it's my insecurity but what is the prevailing view or reaction from both providers and clients? Let's face it, aging is not kind to our looks either. Sometimes I consider responding to an ad but almost feel guilty and like a "cradle robber". On the other side of the coin, do SPs MAs etc... have an aversion to older clients who no longer look like they did 30 yrs earlier? Or .. do they put on a happy face and not judge us on our physique alone? (Personality is always critical) (As I take a bow). :D

I realize that in every sense, these are business financial transactions and the ladies quite often are professional actors. Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to generalize. I know some do it for the love of the job itself but are there some who would really rather not deal with a client past a certain age? If so, it might be nice to know ahead of time somehow?

I will stop here for now, I have other, related questions. I do want to end on a very positive note and I would be derelict in my duty if did not send a big :D thank you for the ladies who provide this much needed service. As I say to my friends quite often, I get more therapy in 1 hour with a professional, nice lady than I do from seeing a "shrink" for years. You are professionals, meeting very real needs and making the lives of countless thousands better, even if just a day or two, now and again. I tip my hat to you ladies, you rock and are as important as any healthcare professional any day. You make the world a better place. (Group Hug). Thank You! XOXO

• Like 4

Hello and welcome and thank you for your kind words.

I can only speak for myself and reference many other threads I have read here but no, I have never seen an upper limit either expressed or commented on. Age is just a number and it's more about the person. This industry is based around more important concepts like respect, connection, hygiene etc. The only part age plays in that is in the maturity of the person as some have set lower age limits due to past history of no shows, time wasting, rudeness, negotiating and disrespect.

Age does impact so things from time to time so this may be a good thing to discuss with your lady to have the best experience possible but in no way should age limit your participation or enjoyment. The only limits you should have are the ones you personal feel uncomfortable with.

• Like 7

Hello and welcome and thank you for your kind words.

I can only speak for myself and reference many other threads I have read here but no, I have never seen an upper limit either expressed or commented on. Age is just a number and it's more about the person. This industry is based around more important concepts like respect, connection, hygiene etc. The only part age plays in that is in the maturity of the person as some have set lower age limits due to past history of no shows, time wasting, rudeness, negotiating and disrespect.

Age does impact so things from time to time so this may be a good thing to discuss with your lady to have the best experience possible but in no way should age limit your participation or enjoyment. The only limits you should have are the ones you personal feel uncomfortable with.

Hello Midnite and a big thank you for the reply. I truly appreciate the feedback and your sage advice. I feel better after reading your reply because I am a gentleman in every respect, my personality is that of a very loving and caring person with utmost respect for others. In this case, the service providers in particular. I still carry a "user name" somewhere when I called myself "Carebear", I'm a push over. ;) I'm obsessive about hygiene and I also believe that there must be some form of connection or mutual respect. This is why one of the first things I do is tell it like it is regarding my age, physique, etc... Full disclosure! :D I ask if that is a problem for them. It seems most don't have a problem (though some do) and you seem to confirm that and that's OK. I love brutal honesty in such things. At least we are starting our communication on a solid foundationy and I leave it in their hands to decide whether interested or not.

This question reminds me of a Google Search where you discover that if you ask a certain question, you are shocked to discover how many other have wondered the same thing and maybe didn't feel comfortable in even asking themselves.

By providing an overview of the mutual respect and other qualities mentioned, I much more confident and it enhances my confidence. I hope this helps others in my aging population as well. It's nice to know where things stand and what is important.

One final note ladies, I KNOW the majority would not do this but it happened to me very recently where I befriended a provider, all communications were honest and open, we corresponded several times and when the day came to confirm the location and exact meeting time. I got a complete "no show", unreturned PMs, e-mails, etc... That's OK. All I ask is that respect be a 2 way street, no matter who we are, we are all human and we all have feelings. Sometimes the smallest little snub like that can hurt a lot. No one likes rejection or rudeness. It only takes a moment to write one line, sorry it can't work out". But being left in the lurch is hurtful.

"Much love to all my brothers and sisters on this little blue planet" ~ Me

• Like 1

I am 55 and have only one been screened out by a lady for age... we were all set with a booking until she asked my age... at the time I was 53 and she said she did not see anyone over 40. Hey to each there own I would rather she was honest then get there and have her not into our session because I was older than she thought.

In my experience many ladies have a lower limit ie over 30 but very few have upper age limit.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 4

As a man who seems like he could be your clone I can only respond to your question with my own experience.

My age is exactly as you describe. My body and looks are exactly as you describe - not what they were thirty years ago. At one time I was an athlete, had hair as long and curly as you could imagine, and yes even a six pack. Those days are gone.

Over the last few years as I met various women as companions, I most often had quite a bit of communication with them beforehand. They always knew full well my age and circumstance and therefore always had the right and option to decline meeting with me. To this point that has not happened but if and when it does then I will surely understand.

I think that the answer to your question lies in your ability to be honest and open and to communicate. My educated guess is that they will be more interested in your concerns and insecurity than in your age. If a woman would choose not to see someone that is our age I would way prefer that they say so ahead of time - that would be way better for both parties.

Relax and you will meet some wonderful companions.

MN2

• Like 4

Hi darling,

Like Midnite-Energies said age is just a number and what we R looking at is respect and indeed hygiene.

I personally like mature if not very mature gentlemen for U namely know how to take care of a woman although I am not saying younger gentlemen don't know.

And body wise I namely have a regular that is 65+ and has a b um of a 25 years old perfectly tight, toned and so sexy!!! He's been in the construction for over 40 years and is such a lovely gentleman and it's funny each time he calls to book he says it's.... do U remember me!!! I said yes of course babe your a... is so great I could not forget!! Plus he has a wonderful toy so!!!!

On the other hand I have namely 2 other regulars, very mature gentlemen, that do not have perfect bodies and so what they R just so much fun to be with so voilà !

True that we do not get to choose in a way our clients and that U get that privilege and that indeed sometimes we have to have an happy face but let's be clear lots of U can be SO nice and fun to be with whatever age U R so then U gentlemen make my day for lots of reasons U either being a regular or a newcomer.

So just be confident and enjoy yourself with the lady (ladies) U will choose chéri and just have fun!!!!

Barbara

xxoo

• Like 5

Clients and companions come in all shapes, sizes and ages. Some will embrace an older gentleman and some won't, that's the truth. Some will embrace a younger gent and some won't, that too is a truth.

What I think is important is YOU choose the companion you think is right for you and when you inquire to book an appt with him/her inquire as to whether or not she/he is comfortable meeting with someone mature. I'm sure you'll be welcomed by most.

Most of us are more concerned with discretion, hygiene and respectfulness. Meet those criteria and you'll be fine.

Remember though, if you do meet someone who isn't comfortable with a man your age, don't take it personally. Everyone has different tastes and is entitled to choose the type of companionship they desire, this works both ways. It's about connecting with someone you'll have fun with, enjoy and Happy hobbying:)

• Like 8

It's individual of course but as a 61 year old I have set my best before date and it is on the horizon. In my view there's no point in staying too long at the dance.

I wouldn't expect any other answer than age is just a number which is the correct response from a business perspective because it's not good business cut out a portion of the population that is growing and has ample disposable income.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

I'm a little out of your demographic, a little greyer, and late sixties. I haven't really found my age as being a barrier. I know I'm not as virile, and expect to find women that can understand the needs of the older generation. I expect her to be able to carry an intelligent conversation, and enjoy a more intimate type of service, e.g. massage and cuddling. It helps that I'm open with my identity and who I am.

So, it comes down to finding the right lady. Generally, I am not interested in the youngsters as by now you should realize beauty is not skin deep. Mature women in their forties, forties and even their sixties are who I generally see, with the experience that comes only in time. It helps that I repeat with those, and develop a real friendship. As we age there also seem to be more older women offering their service.

From here I will take it one day at a time, I expect as I enter the next decade I will still find value and enjoy the feel of a warmth of a nice women.

• Like 3

The things I value most in a client: kindness, respect, excellent hygiene, good communication. These things not only make me feel safe and respected, they set the stage for being turned on mentally and physically. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s; bring it on! Meow :-D

And, to me, the aging body can be wonderfully sexy...it's how you live within your skin that counts.

I'm planning on being an outrageously sexy old lady.

• Like 7

"As a man who could be your clone" I want to thank you for taking the time to comment. It's reassuring to hear from someone at the same stage of life. I can say for sure, I couldn't have said it any better myself. Well said and thank you for your positive reply. It just so happens I believe that honest and good open communication is the key to ANY type of relationship, temporary or otherwise. Thank you my friend.

Thank you, your reply is very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Many words of wisdom there, especially not taking things personally. I think I meet the criteria, I wouldn't want it any other way. As for taking it personally? The only time I might feel hurt if if/when everything was a go, right down to day & time and when the day arrived, nothing, no replies to e-mails, PMs. That's the only thing I might consider disrespectful but thanks, it's good to remember not feel hurt, things can happen, people get cold feet. Other than that, I want to say a big thank you personally. I really appreciate how helpful everyone has been. Thanks

Interesting and very candid, honest answer. Much appreciated.

I really appreciate the varying opinions I am getting, yours is no exception. As one person I know well once told me, the young ones are maybe too young due to generation gap, but just as importantly, a more mature companion will have far more experience and perhaps understanding of our special needs at this time in our lives. Thanks

Love your positive, intelligent outlook and excellent values. The qualities you speak of are exactly where my real strengths lie. So, I am further encouraged. I love your candor and attitude. ;)

As for your signature quote "I'm planning on being an outrageously sexy old lady. I LOVE IT! Joie de vivre! :)

The things I value most in a client: kindness, respect, excellent hygiene, good communication. These things not only make me feel safe and respected, they set the stage for being turned on mentally and physically. 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s; bring it on! Meow :-D

And, to me, the aging body can be wonderfully sexy...it's how you live within your skin that counts.

I'm planning on being an outrageously sexy old lady.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect any other answer than age is just a number which is the correct response from a business perspective because it's not good business cut out a portion of the population that is growing and has ample disposable income.

Peace

MG

I'd like to politely disagree because....

What I like most about myself is my ability to say what is on my mind at any point and to anyone.

If I were to say age is just a number, I wouldn't say it if that's not what I meant, at a gain or loss and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I won't kiss anyone's ass nor will I pretend to like something or someone just to make a buck. Doing so never brings positive results. I think honesty in this business, with oneself and with whom you meet, is the only way to go. Sucking up to a particular person, "type" or age group just to get business never results in favorable outcomes, imo and from my experience. I'd rather meet with one I have compatibility and chemistry with rather than 5 I don't.

• Like 4

i have to agree with cc, because age is just a number. In my ads when i can i specify 'mature'. I am not talking about a specific age or age range, but a mature attitude. Whether someone is 20 or 80, they can either be an arrogant jacka$$ or a gentleman. I'll see the gentlemen, whether they happen to also be 20, or 80, doesn't matter to me.

For the OP, i am guessing it has already been mentioned, but my advice to anyone who is concerned about their age, just choose sps or MAs who are 35 plus. I think mentally you would be more comfortable, and if that sp/MA also has a few extra pounds, even more so. one thing you will notice they have in common is self confidence, even when they aren't 20 or perfect any more, and that confidence will rub off on you, in more ways than one :)

• Like 4

Thank you great reply and very practical advice. I put a "Thanks" on your post but I think a dog must have eaten it. :)

Thanks!

Thanks for understanding. I think I will be free and "approved" shortly. :)