Major server crash today - Please let me know if you run into any bugs

Some people see pm's titles in the inbox but can't access those PM's. I am not sure why this would happen but if you can not click on the PM chances are that PM is corrupt.

You can try the following...

1) create a new PM folder ( http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/private.php?do=editfolders )

2) Check the box next to the PM (on the right side) that is not showing and attempt to "Move to folder" (Option in drop down box)

3) Click GO.

I have not attempted this yet myself as I don't have this problem but some people have reported this to me. I am just taking a stab in the dark here but this may recover the PM's. Obviously some part of the data field of the PM is damaged making it so you can see it but not click on it. If that does not work PM me and if your comfortable in giving me your password I can log in as you and view the error first hand and maybe I can get the ID of the PM and go into the database manually and see what part of the PM is corrupt.

Kudos to the mods and entire tech team for keeping CERB up and available. Thanks all.

I had the notification message saying I had an unread message that wouldn't go away.. it may be coincidence but I went into my sent messages folder and deleted a few. When I came back to my inbox the notification was gone..

My missing messages are still gone but one thing at a time eh?

I think any missing at this point are probably lost... am I am sorry for that. A lot of people have lost messages and I think if I tried to restore a older backup it could cause more damage than we already have so I don't want to chance it. I think most of us can bare to loose a few pm's I am just glad we did not loose member accounts or massive posts.

No problem, mod. I had too many pm's anyway, and I think I have all the contact info.

Thanks again!

Many accounts seam to have very FULL sent item boxes so I have turned on a feature on the system that will remove all "SENT" pm's after 30 days of sitting in your sent pm folder. I think by cutting down this excess amount of storage it will help prevent future issues (and make the backups of the database substantially smaller - therefore making them less prone to not backing up completely).

A lot of this is just growing pains for the site.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... I have turned on a feature on the system that will remove all "SENT" pm's after 30 days of sitting in your sent pm folder...

Mod, it might be a good idea to issue a warning about this in the form of a mandatory-viewing post.