Koodo's Bruce Jenner

I just finished watching the Bruce Jenner interview with Dianne Sawyer, and I have to say, I have a new found respect for him, coming out to society about transgender! As he spoke, I could relate to his feelings of not being able to "come out", to family and friends, in fear of their reaction, being an SP, I felt the same way, just recently I started posting face pics, which have given me a sense of freedom, just because I am an SP doesn't mean there aren't many more areas to my life, but at the end of the day, for myself I am glad I made that decision! Throughout the interview he discussed feelings of how others would look at him, but he new this is who he is, and society be damned! I learned from his interview, that no matter who or what people see us as, I am still me, and proud to be who I am, so Bruce Jenner I thank you for coming out to the world, you have my highest respect!!

Edited by Victoria Phenix
Misspelled word
  • Like 9

I missed it! I agree it takes great courage to be open about anything controversial and sadly changing ones sexual identity is just that, controversial. But with the support of loved ones anyone can accomplish and get through anything and thankfully for him is family is on his side and will help him through the transition.

I missed it as well but have seen excerpts, and in those short clips I found that he looked happier and more relaxed. Must have been really stressful keeping this under wraps for so long, I can only imagine the relief he must feel. Makes the insecurities I have about myself really insignificant.

We should all do what makes us happy and comfortable in our own skin and shouldn't worry about how other people react. The people who truly stick by your side and show their support are the people that really matter anyway.

____

She does look absolutely fabulous and very classy....it takes courage to come out to family/friends and the world and i have so much respect for her

I wish her the best and nothing but happiness on her journey

• Like 1

People who are bitter about her are so because she is hotter than 90% of people on this planet. Including me. Dem legs and that hair!

I don't mean to be negative but I am a little sad to see 'herself' in quotes and references to 'him'.

She is she. There should be no quotes about it and it's very hurtful to people of the transgender community to have them referred to by their old gender.

Otherwise, I am super happy people are giving her support. I have friends who are trans, and they've had a pretty hard life. I'm so glad this is slowly becoming mainstream and that there are clusters of people being nice and supportive about it.