With All The Talk About Tapatalk...What Is The Big Deal About Tapatalk

I sometimes surf the internet including Lyla on my phone...a Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I'm able to access the web using normal web browser like I do on my computer

My question is what is the big deal about tapatalk

I do fine without it

Just wondering

BTW this posted on my phone

RG

I would guess it is all a matter of personal preference. While i am certainly able to access LYLA Through the Browser on my phone I have found the Tapatalk app to be extremely good for very quick access to the site... with just 2 clicks i can scroll through the unread posts and reply... it is very user friendly.

In addition it makes posting pictures to threads way easier.

Just my Opinion

Well the only thing then is posting pictures

Mine, open browser, type lyla.com, log in I'm there

Click on whatever I want to see same as at home on my computer

Because screen is exactly the same as on my computer

Just haven't figured out how to post pictures on my phone but not a big deal, if I want to post a pic, I'll wait till I get home LOL

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I have it on my Galaxy S3 and it is useful for quick access to a few sites I belong too.

Well the only thing then is posting pictures

Mine, open browser, type lyla.com, log in I'm there

Click on whatever I want to see same as at home on my computer

Because screen is exactly the same as on my computer

Just haven't figured out how to post pictures on my phone but not a big deal, if I want to post a pic, I'll wait till I get home LOL

RG

Certainly pictures are a big addition but I can access the full browser version of Lyla on my phone as well and access it the same as on computer but for me the presentation and ease of access on tapatalk is greatly enhanced but others might feel different.

Tapatalk is a free download.. give it a whirl I think you will also appreciate it.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

I can honestly say, now that tapatalk is disabled, that I really miss the ease for looking at this site. Everything was readable and right in front of you without having to resize or click through different places. Every post was listed not just the thread which was great. I had to use the actual internet site this morning and how annoying was that. I will definitely miss Tapatalk.

Tapatalk was, in my opinion, just a much easier (and quicker) way to access forums. Always out performed the browser for me by a wide margin. And most forums aren't very optimized (if at all) for mobile browsing. For a user who followed various forums, it was even easier.

That said, I stopped using them quite a while back. I didn't like the way they did business and they earned a place on my "Do not trust" list. Some forum admins refused to install as well due to security concerns.

Anywho...they did make it easier to browse forums from mobile in my mind and many love the app.

• Like 2

I can honestly say, now that tapatalk is disabled, that I really miss the ease for looking at this site. Everything was readable and right in front of you without having to resize or click through different places. Every post was listed not just the thread which was great. I had to use the actual internet site this morning and how annoying was that. I will definitely miss Tapatalk.

Weird, I'm still able to use Tapatalk today. I know the mod said he disabled it, but still works for me lol.

Tapatalk is great, and if it didn't work anymore I would probably view this site less, just so much easier to navigate than through a browser... You get their timeline function, where the latest post is posted first. The only thing missing is viewing photos on the profiles, but I rarely do that now anyway, maybe for a new person or such.

The only way you'll know about it, is if you try it for yourself... It's quite easy... The only hard part was finding lyla on it lol

It's been acting up the last week but would still allow me to log into the forum with my password. Today, it won't even give me that option says "Lyla is not a supported plugin" or such.