what impact does nasty posts have on your decision?

To the question posed in the OP - how do I as a client take a post that says a provider is absolutely terrible and such.

If everything else I've seen suggests she is actually quite good at what she does, I'll look to see what else the negative poster has writen. If there is a pattern of negative reviews from that account, then pffft... don't care what was said.

Also, for me looking at someone new to me, the "TripAdvisor" effect kicks in. I tend to discount the top "glowing" reviews and the bottom "experience from Hell" ones, too. Everyone one and every place has those. The truth, for me, is in the middle reviews.

To the subquestion that has developed in the thread regarding what a provider should do in the event of a brainless slagger, the advice already given is very good. I am reminded of the advice regarding dealing with an idiot on their level. Don't. They have more experience being idiotic and will win. Report what you can and move on.

• Like 3

Guest ***y****9
I am sorry but how in the world is this sugar coated? I am talking about disgusting posts such as : I have rotten teeth? I am an old hag? I must be on drugs because I am thin???? There is nothing further than the truth! And EVEN IF IT WERE , is still my choice and right to work no matter! And EVEN IF TRUE.... the " gent" was the one who booked me and stayed, so what does it say about him too???

My pics are exactly accurate with not even photo enhancing. How is the posts of all the local ladies all so terrible? You really think every lady that has been abused on that CL site could actually be in business if such was the truth???? Wouldn't last a month let alone the 7 years I have been here!

Perhaps going there and taking a peek at the horrible posts, you would understand my need to start this thread. We are real people with feelings, and if you don't like us, don't book us! There are some who actually get their jolly from posting these hate posts for whatever reason. It is fun game for them, but this is our livelihoods! GAWD forbid if one of them has an off day at their job, to have things of this nature blasted on the internet!!

It is another thing to this or that, but none have been a thief, a scam or nothing to warrant such awful slander! And dollars to bets, if that site was not anonymous I would exercise my legal rights to the fullest!

Ohhh if you call it " sugar coating" , WE CALL IT SUPPORTIVE AND POSSITVE IN THIS COMUNITY!

I'm sorry that I offended you.It is clear someone has hurt you with their posts.

I thought your question was do negative reviews affect a hobbyist's choice? That was the question I was answering, though it is now obvious that wasn't what you were asking.

I'm sorry that I offended you.It is clear someone has hurt you with their posts.

I thought your question was do negative reviews affect a hobbyist's choice? That was the question I was answering, though it is now obvious that wasn't what you were asking.

Is ok hun, I sent you a PM as well.

But to be clear, I feel that negative reviews in fairness are ok. I mean like this....

" I met Sophia, and well I left feeling disappointed as she forgot the stocking I requested, she also was not a funny and lively as I thought she would have been as I read she has a great humor. She seemed distant, but perhaps she was having a bad day. All in all, she looks as advertised and was pleasant. "

This is a proper review, but to have hate posts, such as ...rotting teeth, etc, well that is just sad and sick .

But in all honestly, I am ok with the crap I read, but my heart really goes to those who really do cry over it. The young girl who feels insecure and takes these statements to heart.

This is a hard job we have, despite all who may think otherwise. It is difficult to put yourself out there for all to judge or rate on scale. And when we can expect our own faults with grace, well now that is SEXY!

• Like 1

I'm also on team "it depends". Even on craigslist, of the post seems credible (decent grammar, clear complaint, accusation of bait and switch or taking the money and running) could be enough to convince me to go elsewhere.

However, those ranting gibberish posts attacking an sp on looks hygiene, that kind of thing I typically ignore.

• Like 2

For me, any info is good to have. But I thinks it's necessary to take a look at who the poster is and try to determine the reason for the negative review. Generally the tone and quality of the writing can identify trolling and if the bad review is the only one, then I would probably discount it. In short, getting any information help form a picture, and being cautious I'm glad to see any review at all, but I try and evaluate them on the whole.

• Like 1

Guest 1***otd**

I know I late in responding to this thread as I'm a fairly new member, but I feel it's important to speak to this.

First... I will assume that Lady Sofia has overcome the bad review made by the cowardly client as I see Lady Sofia thriving these days. That's a beautiful thing. From what I have seen on your public profile and website, I find you to be a beautiful light.

Now to my point. .... I realize that there may be bad reviews which may be accurate just like bad reviews which are fictitious and mean spirited. I guess everyone has their preferences and tastes in what they like. It's like movie reviews, I know that I have seen movies where I know that they received bad reviews, yet I thought the movie was great.

If you're not sure about a SP you've never met after reading a bad review, then do what I do.... CALL THE SP...... Once I'm speaking with the lovely woman over the phone I can sense as to the type of person she is which leads me to believe the kind of experience I will have. My gut is rarely wrong, I trust it and so should you.

And to this end, I would like to wish lovely Lady Sofia beautiful and wonderful weekend... May your light shine through

I K

One nasty post is disgruntle client who is being an ass. I have gone to visit a couple of Ladies that had some pretty nasty posts about them and I had no problem. But on the other hand I have also seen a Lady that has had good rposts but turned out to be a real head case and I ended up getting burned. Posts are an advisement sort of thing. Do your own research and PM people that have seen the Lady. there are great Ladies out there and then there are some that aren't so good. So far I have 90% good and 10% bad. lol. Show respect to the Ladies because they have to put up with us clients lol

Nuff Said.

Try Any

Whether a site reviewing SPs it anything else on the Net, I read any over the top review with a grain of salt. I look at poster's previous posts, number of posts etc. So negative comments or Shill type posts are both common problems on most sites

• Like 1