I'll throw my own two cents in here, or at least one of them -- since I can just borrow one of them Phaedrus, who expressed a lot about my own state of mind.

CERB has served for a long time as a sounding board for my own thoughts about sex and human relations, and other things. And I read attentively and learned a LOT from the other clients and the women who posted their own fascinating perspectives.

I found a few months ago that I had said a lot of what I had to say, at least for now. And as Phaedrus mentioned, even the discussions by others seemed to cycle around to the same topics. I've seen that wheel turn a few times now, and haven't been much inspired to post and (probably) repeat myself. Finally, I have some other (good) preoccupations in my life that are consuming some of the energy I expended here. C'est la vie.

Some of it has been the new law and in particular the constraints it put on language here. A core part of the appeal here was to "speak" openly about topics seldom discussed elsewhere, at least not in the same way. With the necessary self-censorship and obliqueness, that charm evaporated. The double-think intruded badly into my own ability to generate and express my own thoughts.

A few familiar faces have departed, and that puts a dent in things too. But that kind of churn and change is natural, not just here but in life generally. You miss people, but you adapt and meet new ones. So less of a factor than the others.

As this post shows though, I'm still lurking. I expect my own wheel will turn too, and I'm hopeful there will come a time when I'm once again motivated to jump in with both feet. I've got only good wishes for the community in the meantime.

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Sometimes a break does wonders for a person. I forced myself to take a two week break from posting which allowed me to think about how active I want to be on here. Yes I will be here lurking more and perhaps posting less then before depending on the subject matter.

I think it's the censorship and the new law preventing others to express themselves

Read the ads of some of the highly regarded ladies here, see how they express themselves.

They can make themselves understood without being too explicit.

There are lots of code words and euphemisms but you will learn them quickly.

What was that about repetition? Isn't it about time for someone to start a thread about pubic grooming?

Sometimes a break does wonders for a person. I forced myself to take a two week break from posting which allowed me to think about how active I want to be on here. Yes I will be here lurking more and perhaps posting less then before depending on the subject matter.

i had quite a long break from being able to type well enough to communicate because of using a stinking tablet, but now back on a laptop yay. not sure if that means i will find things that are recent enough to post a comment in that is of interest. i also find sometimes if i am busy with other work, or now that i can finally respond better to emails received, when i do go online onto a forum it is later in the evening, and i am mostly just reading and not enough energy to compose my own reply.

of course it is also stinking hot out here since i got the laptop, so some of the time it is due to enjoying the sunshine while it is here, rather than reading. which brings us around to the natural seasonal flow of things, which means we are in nice weather now and we were in winter so staying indoors.

I don't know if it's a case of bored, or something worse

Well IMO something worse, but to stay out of the penalty box I'm keeping my mouth shut

I do know I'm thinking very seriously and coming up on a crossroads about Lyla...do I stay or close my account. And if I decide to stay I'll likely be a lurker not a poster.

RG