It's time - Social in Ottawa!

Okay Cerbies, it has been a while since the last social, so I am gonna call the next one for Thursday August 19th. This is open to Cerb members and their guests. I plan to arrive after work, between 4:00 and 4:30.

I don't want to reveal the location I have selected until the week of the 19th, so if you are interested you will have to wait until then. All I will say, is that it is downtown and within walking distance of Confederation Park.

Now gentlemen, I don't think we should count on the strength of our personalities to ensure a good turn out by the ladies. We will need to treat them and show them some hospitality.

So, does this have any appeal?

Yea, I will be out of town too. Here's hoping for a good turnout!

I went to the last one at the Honest Lawyer, and must admit to being a little disappointed by the turn out. I still think it's a good idea to meet the ladies so let's get behind the idea.

I decided I should be a bit more specific about the location.

It will be the down town, within walking distance of Confederation park.

Erin,

I believe you, but I don't think you have ever made it to one of these things.

I look forward to meeting you.

Just a quick break down by gender.

We got 9 guys and 4 ladies interested in attending. It is still early, so the numbers can only go up.

Gentlemen, just a reminder that it would be best if we treated the ladies to food and drinks to ensure a good turnout.

See you on the 19th.

I will give it another try. The last one was a bit disappointing as far as turnout.

I should be able to attend, but not until after 6pm. I got stuck at work on the last one, so hopefully I won't have anything to cause me to miss this one!

Gentlemen, just a reminder that it would be best if we treated the ladies to food and drinks to ensure a good turnout.

See you on the 19th.

If you happen to have 10 gents and 4 ladies. I would certainly hope you gents would pick up the tab for the ladies would you not?

I mean 4 ladies at 30 each? =120 divided by 10 gents = not a lot coin right?;-)

Hi folks,

This is an intriguing idea - of getting together in a social environment.

I have to ask the question... not to be a stick in the mud.. but because i truly don't have an answer. Many posts have been written on the subject of privacy and the like. How does one protect one's privacy at such an event?

CM

Hi folks,

How does one protect one's privacy at such an event?

CM

It's just a matter of choice. I personally don't have a privacy issue, but if you are concerned, only use your CERB identity. As for meeting the group, last time we all understood that we could identify each other on arrival by carrying a particular daily newspaper.