I accept the fact that you don't believe a genuine "professional" NSA friendship can exist, not having experienced one yourself.

I know I could prove you wrong (at least in my case) by citing a number of specific examples that can't be explained away as very good acting but then that would be telling :)

Your generalizations are probably dead on but I assure you I'm under no illusions or kidding myself.

So we shall have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

The S in NSA is strings. There are strings in any professional relationship: payment for time.

It doesn't help your case to add some rather condescending comments, but that is exactly the way you have approached this. You have indicated there are 'good' sps (the ones who don't charge & gratefully accept the conditions of your idea of what is a vacation to them) and 'bad' ones who understand that it is professional to treat it exactly the way it is.

You also assume that sps who treat it as work, do not enjoy their time or activities with the clients they go with. That would be a huge mistake. Paid professional companions know better than to go on a vacation date with someone that they do not like or enjoy being with. that is why a professional is unlikely to arrange such dates with new clients, and only do them with someone who has visited a number of times, and at least over night or weekend dates first.

You mention 'she can leave anytime' which to me is the opposite of forgetting it is work lol

anyways, i am done with this, never should have made the attempt, but i do not want others to read such comments and think they are doing something wrong because no one will agree to travel for free with them.

• Like 1

...anyways, i am done with this, never should have made the attempt, but i do not want others to read such comments and think they are doing something wrong because no one will agree to travel for free with them.

I would never expect someone to spend time away from their normal routine at my request for free. You seem to be missing the point of what I have been trying to say and it could well be I'm not articulating my thoughts well enough (the fault in that regard could well be mine) and taking anything I say in the worst possible way.

I do profusely apologize if you thought I was trying to be "condescending", that was never my intention, I have always had the utmost respect for your opinions, even these ones I don't completely agree with are well considered in the majority of cases. Perhaps when I said you had never had such a relationship you found that "condescending"? I didn't mean it that way, I only meant that as you deny such a relationship could exist you obviously couldn't have had such a relationship. Guilty of stating the obvious in the interest of clarity but not meant to be "condescending", promise!

One thing is clear, you seem to have to have the last word and we agree to disagree so please reply to this thread (and I won't) so you can have the last word :)

I am sort of planning to ask a lady to join me on a trip. I would only ask her because I know we'd have a blast, and she has, more or less, indicated she'd enjoy this particular getaway.

I haven't asked her about her fees etc, but I would not think to discuss that further with her. after they have been expressed.

It would be a treat for me, from me, so I am able to easily quantify if it is something I can justify.

I may not take her up on it, and just choose to navigate my own way with the "local' action....or perhaps I'll do both :-)

• Like 1