First trip to Halifax would love some recommendations!

Heading to Halifax at the end of October. Does anyone have any recommendations for great restaurants, bars or sightseeing spots that I should check out?

I have only heard positive things about this lovely city and its been ages since I have been out east. Would love anyone's recommendations!

Thanks Lyla members!

• Like 6

Not from Halifax so take my recommendations with a gain of salt...that said when I am in Halifax I always try to get to Saltys on the waterfront for a meal and have never been disappointed.

• Like 2

I can recommend the following things for Halifax:

The Titanic exhibit: http://www.novascotia.ca/titanic/

The Public Gardens:

http://www.halifaxpublicgardens.ca

Citadel Hill:http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/halifax/visit.aspx

For dining I recommend:

http://www.fivefishermen.com

http://bicyclethief.ca

I can say that almost every pub is great for night life and the bar scene is full of young university students, so I can't recommend a good club.

There are great spa's and shopping in Halifax. Feel free to email me if you want more information or details.

• Like 7

Not from Halifax but when I was in Nova Scotia for a couple days a couple years ago we had dinner at The Five Fisherman in Halifax. I would recommend it as a restaurant to eat at

RG

While on a business trip there recently, I too had a nice dinner at Salty's by the harbour. The view on the patio was great but it was getting windy and chilly towards the end of our dinner. Food was very decent.

• Like 1

The lower deck is a great pub.

Love the Lower Deck and Cheers can be a nice spot with good pub food.

Lived here my entire life and still I have so many places to see and places to eat at.

If you are very adventurous and love to see some beautiful and extremely talented ladies; Ralph's Place is the spot (I've had the most fun and best nights of my life there as a customer, good memories and it's been awhile, I'm due for a Ralph's night):wink: http://clubzone.com/places/ralphs-place-showbar-halifax/

Great site (clubzone.com) to check out other pubs/bars, restaurants and the Halifax hot spots.

Like Emily R said the spa's and shopping are great!! You'll have an amazing visit.

• Like 2

Guest *Ste***cque**

Hmmm. It depends on your tastes but I would recommend a stroll through the Public Gardens in the morning and then walk down Spring Garden Road towards the harbour. Check out our brand new public library(designed like a stack of books) along the way and enjoy a coffee on it's rooftop. Continue down to the harbour and walk from Pier 21, where a million plus immigrants got their first look at Canada, along our boardwalk and take the ferry to Dartmouth($2.50) for a great water view of the harbour and skyline. Take a quick stroll along downtown Dartmouth and head back to Hali on the ferry. When night comes I would recommend my favorite Italian fine dining restaurant, da Maurizio, and then a few blocks walk up to Argyle street to check out all the bars and pubs. If you're looking for a more casual dinner then Argyle street has several resto's as well such as Five Fishermen, Argyle bar and grill(with it's new and popular chef) or bistro le coq(French), plus many others. It is the popular street in downtown Halifax. I would pick a downtown Halifax hotel if you want to be close to everything. There are several downtown near Argyle and the harbour that are reasonable and not too nosy.

There is lots to do in Halifax! Good luck and enjoy your visit!

Have lived here a little over 5 yrs and have yet to try all the restaurants I would like, there are so many! I have to say my favorite is The Bicycle Thief and I love The Wooden Monkey(all food is local and organic from NS).

The Carleton is a great place to eat and listen to live music. The Stubborn Goat(Grafton St) has amazing pub food.

A walk along the waterfront is a must, you will find lots of shops to pop into as well as the Museum of the Atlantic.

Hope you enjoy your time here and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding your stay. I'm also reference friendly if needed ;) Have fun!

Sincerely, Sierra

• Like 3

Hit spring garden road for food. Lots of fine dinning in the downtown area. Almost every corner has great food. As for entertainment I'd say lower deck, they have live bands and also a dance club upstairs. ( atmosphere is mid 20s and up, so no young 19yr old causing fights lol)

Sightseeing, definitely Peggy's cove is worth the visit, point pleasnt park is also nice if you like nature trails.

• Like 1

Welcome to Halifax, I hope we get to meet...

The Stubborn goat is a really posh and classy place to eat with great food.

The bicycle thief as well as Amano are very classy and the food is amazing as well.

Hmmm ; End of October ? Definitely Argyle Street and Spring Garden Road . If you want to experience real Nova Scotia then Peggy's Cove is nice BUT for $50 you can rent a car and take a drive the 215 along the Walton Shore . 45 minutes from the city go as far as Walton and back and experience the World's Highest and Lowest tides , see rugged cliffs and coastline , the changing leaves and on your way back stop at a little eaterie called the Flying Apron that also is run by a renowned chef and offers seasonal local fare as well as a few other things . Off the beaten path but well worth a few hours and breathtaking scenery . Have fun in God's Country.....