Can't Miss TV Shows... What's yours?

Okay.

I admit it. I have a problem. Life stops when "True Blood" comes on. I weened myself off the TV habit for years out of necessity; I worked variable shifts so I never watched any series from about 1990 til 2008... anything that had a continuing story was lost on me.

I have never seen "Lost", "24", "90210" or anything else. I was a TV pariah.

But now since my life has gone 9-5, I have TV options. I watch a few things.... but nothing in the past few years has caught me like True Blood.

So... what's your TV addiction?

Since I watch very little TV I don't have a large variety of shows that I have to see. But when the TV is on I always seem to be watching "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. I know this sounds boring but I love learning about the past. Now I realise that "Pawn Stars" or television aren't the best ways to expand your mind but as I said I don't watch a lot of TV.

Additional question:

Does this thread relate to programs you may watch on your computer?

Guest S*rca****sid

I confess.... I have an addiction to HBO shows (i.e. Entourage, Hung, True Blood) and Dexter deserves a mention too.

I confess.... I have an addiction to HBO shows (i.e. Entourage, Hung, True Blood) and Dexter deserves a mention too.

As well as Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie, Secret Diaries of a Call Girl and Modern Family.

Peace

MG

As well as Breaking Bad, Rescue Me, United States of Tara, Nurse Jackie, Secret Diaries of a Call Girl and Modern Family.

Peace

MG

All of the above plus Mad Men, HIMYMother, and Californication, minus Rescue Me, never could get into that... Sid- fully agree with the addiction, I don't even make plans on Sunday nights because of HBO's line-up!

I never watch much television ..

I really like The Sopranos.. I went and bought the entire 6 seasons.

Great show!!

Thank God for DVD sets and HBO/TMN on demand.

I was able to watch "Rome" (both seasons), "Band of Brothers", "Generation Kill" (Iraqi war series with Eric the Vampire), and "the Office" (UK Version with Ricky Gervais) ... stuff that I missed when it first came on...

I too don't watch much tv but when I do Modern Family, Two and Half Men, Big Bang Theory are at the top of my list. The Sopranos is possibly hands down one of the best TV dramas ever.

I used to be a Corrie fan, Sunday mornings were reserved for the 2 hr omnibus airing, but it's taken such a radical shift in story lines and characters that now I only watch occasionally for a dose of dry wit and a half pint of Newton & Ridley's.

Oh yes TV programs/Shows, we all can hardly wait until the new season starts-September 19 or so...Two and Half Men (Really gotta love Charlie) The Big Bang Theory, Dexter, Law and Order and Criminal Minds.

The biggie for me is I really like my Sunday's as well so I like to do some "couch surfing" and watch NFL football games (I know not a TV show).

My can't miss shows are:

Weeds

Dexter

Secret Diaries of a Call Girl

The New Adventures of Old Christine

Two and a Half Men

The Biggest Loser

And a couple of those Real Housewives shows

Sons of Anarchy

Entourage

Mad Men

The IT Crowd (UK show)

Shows that aren't running now but are still fairly recent

Dexter (premieres Sept. 26)

Heroes

House

Californication

and to a lesser extent Burn Notice

I also catch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report when I can. :)

Guest s******ecan****
For me,

the PVR is always set to tape Coronation street ..........

Thats one I would never have guessed. I've always figured the actors on that show must be boderline schizophrenic since they have been playing the same characters (even more so since the show is about the ordinary lives of its characters) for literally years on end.

As for myself I don't watch a lot. Used to be a big fan of Mad Men but its getting a little stale, always enjoy 2 1/2 men, like Mythbusters, but I can honestly say I have no "must see" programs.

....now the internet that is a different story...I have a lot of sites that I must go to every day including of course CERB.

Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, my all time favorite 2 & 1/2 Men, House, Cougar Town, my other favorite Grey's Anatomy, my new favorite Hot in Clevland.

house season premiere starts next week like most of them.

my current favs are

dexter

entourage

rescue me

chuck

sens hockey( i know it's not a tv program but die hard sens fan)

favorite shows of the past

nypd blue

friends

Let me know if you want some company, I'll bring the popcorn!

Next season for sure, the season finales were all last night... :(

I suppose we could get together for Dexter though... (Enter naughty thoughts, lol)

Edited by Bethany Westbrooke
Dexter comment

Mad Men ( this season is a bit off, but I am sticking with it)

Lie to me

Hung

living in my Car

HIMYMother

Californication

Big Bang Theory

Better off Ted

The IT Crowd

the Ricky Gervais show (the HBO animated one of their conversations on Sat Radio)

the good wife (good writing)

Battlestar Galactica (the new one I know its over but was missing from the lists)

Heroes and Lost I have on DVD and obviously don't have time to watch them

If it werent for Carrie Moon's PVR I would have pretty much zero TV to watch as I only have two chanels on my TV at home (by choice as I dont want to raise my kid addicted to "the tube")

The shows I always look forward to watching when at our incall are:

Hung (it keeps getting better it seems!)

Criss Angel: MINDFREAK (I have a shameless crush on Criss Angel)

Hot in Cleveland (man that Betty White is a real zinger! lol)

and at home me and the kiddo love to watch WIPEOUT together...hehe

Quite a number of years ago I went through a nine week strike, and got hooked on soaps, and still am a Corrie follower. Even when I'm away I can always catch up using the PVR or through the CBC internet feed.

I'm off to London this week, so I'll have to avoid the show while there, as we are quite number of months behind.