What is your preferences?

Acrylic, gel, one color, french, patterns, designs long, short, round, square.?

I've recently grown my own real nails, and have been getting then shaped round, short with one solid color..

When I get them false, I buy acrylic squared and really really short with a pattern usually.

So ladies what's your nail fashions ?

Fellow, do you actually look at our nails and if so what is your preference on a lady Sp your visiting with.?

• Like 2

Guest S****r

I love gel nails. They are so tough. I just get clear polish and my nails always look good. I get compliments on them all the time. I highly recommend them!

You know those fake nails you can get and you can put on yourself. Those nails are way to damn big for my fingers... I have really small hands.

I keep them natural and short.

I might go get them done but when I walk past one of those nail places I nearly want to throw up (the smell is horrid) so unsure if I would be able to sit there.

I do like the colours that are more natural looking. A nice light brown or pink-ish-brown would look really nice. I'm not a huge fan of the bright neon colour finger nails.

(Once I saw a guy with long finger nails that curled and they were hot pink, I was creeped out and I wasn't prepared to see that, so I prefer short nails)

Always gel, always french and kept short. The last while I've added a touch of sparkle for the festive season. Im pretty boring with my nails, but they always look neat and classy.

• Like 2

I love medium length gel, they last and rarely chip/break. I'm also addicted to designs & gems; right now I have sparkly holiday nails with trees lol

• Like 1

I agree with Emily .. i too am a french manicure with short and square tipped nails .. very classic and yet timeless .. but most importantly can match everything ..

• Like 1

I have come to appreciate a ladies nails... I will be honest I never gave it mush thought till I met a wonderful lady who would always have great nails when I went to visit her... I learned more than I needed to know about gel nails and how they were applied...lol

Well anyway on of the thing I have come to realize that th though and detail a lady puts into her nails and apperance can also be very indicative of her overall approach in this lifestyle... so great nails can be a good sign lol

• Like 1

I myself used to be a bad nail biter! This wasn't something that I wanted to continue doing and tried everything possible to stop. I finally gave acrylic nails a shot. Bit them off. My friend who prefers extra long nails, suggested I use a shellac polish over regular to make the nail thicker and tougher to get at. I now haven't bitten my nails in months and id say after adjusting sizes I prefer medium long.

• Like 1

I have gel nails and have them done anywhere between medium and long length (in a tapered oval shape), depending on what I anticipate I will be up to over that couple of weeks. I always get matching gel shellac on my fingers and toes every two weeks as the shellac rarely chips and looks nice and glossy. I tend to stick to pinks, corals and mauve type colours as they suit me best. Though, in the winter, I sometimes get burgundy or deep purple. I'm not one for getting wild patterns. In my teens and early twenties, it was a novelty but would feel weird on me now (just my taste). I do make an exception once or twice a year though when I get a more trendy, avant-garde colour, like robin's egg blue, in which case I will get simple filigree style art in black, white and/or silver. Once in a while, I like to go with french tips. I find gentlemen really notice and appreciate my nails.

I like to have color on my toes, but a simple French manicure on my hands. I also tend to keep them fairly short. Though I am fortunate enough to have great genetics for skin, hair and nails so my nails are quite strong and I can grow them so long people think they're fake. I prefer to have them about 3 - 4 millimeters longer than the tip of my finger. Long enough I can use them to scratch an itch, but not so long they should be registered as weapons :P

• Like 2

Very interesting topic. I have always thought that how a lady takes care of her nails is indicative of how she cares for the rest of her body. An attention to detail and nails that suit the woman's personality is a real turn on.

Personally I prefer short to medium length. Not really into long nails,although I would most probably enjoy them running slowly down my back. That brings shivers to my mind.

As for colour, I do enjoy fun shades and quirky stars and such, but I also like the classic styles.

Thanks Ladies for all your many attentions, which all add to the uniqueness of each experience.

I wish my hair grew as fast as my nails! I pay more attention to my feet as far as manicuring (I mean pedicuring goes) my finger nails just grow as I sleep and I bought one of those amope manicure things which I use on my nails. I get annoyed when they are too long and am too impatient to paint them so this invention works great for me, smooth pretty shine in minutes! I do like the look of my nails when a bit longer but they are a pain in the butt!

• Like 1

As I have many allergies I cannot enter a nail salon as the chemicals smells are too strong and could be an issue for me. I have always taken care of my nails myself since my teenage years and do not let anybody else do that for me. And I have beautiful natural nails, so I don't want to take the risk to have them damaged by chemicals. I used to apply regular polish but as it tends to go away very fast, I now apply gels myself. Once you get the method, it is very easy to apply, and it stays up to 2 weeks. I don't have them too long, usually short or 2/3 mm long, and square shaped. I only apply very classic colors: various shades of red, dark brown, dark purple, and the unbeatable transparent/light pink (that we call here "French Manicure" although as a French I have no clue why it is called this way because in France we don't. It is like "French doors". The first time I heard this I wondered what the hell a "French Door" was! ;-)

Guest st*****ens**ors

I appreciate the time a lady puts into her manicure, but honestly my favourite look is short and natural. Of course, I'm always hoping that you might be a musician, which usually demands short nails :)

My nails grow like weeds. I've never had a manicure, suck at putting nail polish on, so I file them back and keep them shorter then they grow. I love giving massage, and long nails don't work for that, plus some of my other activities I enjoy, other women don't like long nails.

• Like 1

I have natural nails that are either medium or short and squoval shaped. I like longer nails, but they're impractical for me right now, both in their potential to hurt someone and because they're not strong enough to consistently maintain all at the same long length.

I like decorative nails, so I mostly do patterns or designs like half moons or colourful french manis.

I always do my own nails. I'm extremely leery of nail salons as many do not properly sterilize their tools and the number of horror stories about infections keeps me away. (I'm sure there are plenty of excellent salons but I'm not confident in being able to tell the good from the bad.)

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am a novice and rather naive what you ladies purchase but there is a local salon misrepresenting the products that they sell claiming to supply the top of the line product but using the cheap product totally misrepresenting what they are supplying. A lady I was talking to was saying that she finally caught on to them. Guess you have to do your homework like in any purchase.

I go with gel, with a French manicure, sporty, but with airbrush on it, and I keep the designs either white, silver, or gold on 2-3 fingers. Without being too much, I think it adds a little something...

I also go with little jewels, but that's once in a blue moon.

I don't do much with my nails. I keep them clean and short-medium, but can only put polish on my right hand properly. The left hand always looks like a hot mess. Plus, it chips in 5 minutes. So I rarely bother with them.

Gel extensions, medium length, almond shape (sometimes I do stilettos). I generally stick to solid colours rather than designs or crystals.

I've had a gel French manicure for years. Special occasions ie: xmas or vacations I might add a few jewels or design but I keep them pretty basic and medium length. I LOVE having my nails done and look forward to the pampering every couple weeks :smile:.

I second Emily and Autumn, I always have a French manicure but with acrylic - addicted to my pink and whites. I sometimes will give my nails a break and do a dark and sexy red or purple. I also do a French shellac manicure on my toes. Classic, clean, and sexy.

I'm pretty sure my nail fashion is pretty original and wont be starting any trends lol. My natural nails are incredibly strong. In my teens I had them nice and long and sharpened. I usually did a black and red French manicure or just a solid colour and I filed them to point sharps which Ive always preferred esthetically. But in my late teens I started to play guitar so my left hand needs to be kept short... theres another reason as well... being bisexual, its actually a good idea to have at least one hand that isn't clawed. But I still love the look of long nails and felt it was such a waste and a shame to waste their strength... so I now sport one hand with short, painted nails and one hand with nice long ones of the same colour. I usually go metallic, but not always. fun thread btw!